What's new

FC-31 v2.0 First flight 2016.12.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kindly google about it, and what Dassault is developing after Rafale.
Nothing,, As I say you are living in pipe dream and based only on assumption. How long will it take to develop? 20 years?

If I based on your analogy. China is already developing 6th gen fighter right after J-20. So Western Europe are forever behind China..

Nothing,, As I say you are living in pipe dream and based only on assumption. How long will it take to develop? 20 years?

If I based on your analogy. China is already developing 6th gen fighter right after J-20. So Western Europe are forever behind China..

I don't live in pipe dreams I have seen Chinese and western equipment first hand and I know the difference and since long how Pakistan have helped China to improve it's tech due to access to western equipment and tech.

Edit.

For those who are in disbelief that Europe can't built 5th gen, the have capability to built 5th gen UCAV.

http://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/defense/neuron/introduction/

Pakistan should not take route of buying export oriented (water down tech) 5th gen J-31/FC-31 which is not accepted by the making country air force. If possible take route of building one in house with support of all close friendly countries.

Last edited:
I agree ... I can see in future russian capability to produce world class fighter will decline and the competition will remain between us and china whereas others will be followers ... I.e. europe turkey india russia and pakistan ...
You really think that China is developing world-class fighter jets on its own? Perhaps you need to learn about the amount of Russian input and technologies involved in the design of these world-class fighter jets. Most of the Chinese fighter jets are actually variants of Russian designs.

Also, I don't get the excitement for J-31. China could be testing a stealthy airframe and other basic components right now (these footage don't tell us much). There is a lot more to the design of a true 5th generation aircraft than just stealthy airframe. Even Iran can develop a stealthy airframe, test it and call its product 5th generation.

China can develop some quality stuff but don't expect every product from them to be world-class by the looks of it. Battlefields will tell us what how much was hype and how much was substance.

Last edited:
You really think that China is developing world-class fighter jets on its own? Perhaps you need to observe the amount of Russian input and technologies involved in the design of these world-class fighter jets.

Also, I don't get the excitement for J-31. China could be testing a stealthy airframe and other basic components right now. There is lot more to the design of a 5th generation aircraft than stealthy airframe. Even Iran can develop a stealthy airframe and test it and call it 5th generation.

People need to understand what 5th generation is all about.
Please explain

You really think that China is developing world-class fighter jets on its own? Perhaps you need to learn about the amount of Russian input and technologies involved in the design of these world-class fighter jets.

Also, I don't get the excitement for J-31. China could be testing a stealthy airframe and other basic components right now. However, there is lot more to the design of a true 5th generation aircraft than just stealthy airframe. Even Iran can develop a stealthy airframe, test it and call the product 5th generation.

China can develop some quality stuff but don't expect every product from them to be world-class by the looks of it. Battlefields will tell us what how much was hype and how much was substance.

I share the same view on that advanced materials (composite in particular), components/machining (e.g. hi-precision multi-axis interlink CNC machine, heavy forge press), avionics/electronics (design, fab), hi-speed computer (aided design), etc., are hi-techs that are critical to military products. Can you share how Chinese figher programs need foreign "help", if any?

Last edited:
Please explain
Why do you think China buys Russian aircraft and engines for use in its own designs? What you are witnessing is a smoke-screen for the consumers. On the back-end, considerable Russian input is involved in Chinese designs.

China is trying to build its own industry but this does not implies that China is excelling in every aspect of technology right now. China still relies on a lot of foreign input to develop complex stuff.

Chinese J-31 and J-20 are impressive aircraft on paper but they are actually prototypes undergoing trials. Don't get too excited about them. China will eventually get somewhere or learn something valuable from these ventures but too early to draw firm conclusions.

And those who think that China is ready to take on platforms like F-22 and F-35, need a serious wake-up call. US is decades ahead of other countries in developing technologies that actually work.

I share the same view on that advanced materials, components/machining (e.g. hi-precision multi-axis interlink CNC machinine), electronics (design, fab), computer aided design, etc., are hi-techs that are critical to military products. Can you share how China needs foreign help, if any?
China has most of the tech to produce this type of technology but there are few areas in which China lack. China has the advantage because of it's monopoly over rare earth metals and even USA cannot produce this tech with out China because of Rare earth metals but with conventional metals and tech China needs help like alloys and engine designing

Why do you think China buys Russian aircraft and engines for use in its own designs? What you are witnessing is a smoke-screen for the consumers. On the back-end, considerable Russian input is involved in Chinese designs.

China is trying to build its own industry but this does not implies that China is excelling in every aspect of technology right now. China still relies on a lot of foreign input to develop complex stuff.

Chinese J-31 and J-20 are impressive aircraft on paper but they are actually prototypes undergoing trials. Don't get too excited about them. China will eventually get somewhere or learn something valuable from these ventures but too early to draw firm conclusions.
I agree with you concerns but you are under estimating China on many aspects. Russians are better with Air frames and engines Sukoi is the best designing company in the world no doubt, but china has an edge over electronics and much advance edge. Russian electronics are heavy weight but Chinese are light fast and better. Both countries need each other, but I must add US F35 is a junck.

F-22 and F-35

Do these programs, supposed they actually work (e.g. F-35), have foreign help? Say advanced materials (say carbon fiber, advanced alloys), components, electronics, hi-precision CNC machine tools? All “indigenous"?

I am sure China HQ-19 doesn't have Mitsubishi chips, no missile carry IHI (Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries) components, no one gram of carbon fire from Toray in fighter jets, tanks don't use Rheinmetall sub-systems, not a single piece of precision component machined by CNC from Fanuc, Mazak or Chiron. Even the batteries can't be Samsung SDI, and displays can't be LG.

Last edited:
Looking forward to see F35-I in some friendly battle against FC-31.:guns:
Very impressive jet, good luck China

You really think that China is developing world-class fighter jets on its own? Perhaps you need to learn about the amount of Russian input and technologies involved in the design of these world-class fighter jets. Most of the Chinese fighter jets are actually variants of Russian designs.

Also, I don't get the excitement for J-31. China could be testing a stealthy airframe and other basic components right now (these footage don't tell us much). There is a lot more to the design of a true 5th generation aircraft than just stealthy airframe. Even Iran can develop a stealthy airframe, test it and call its product 5th generation.

Brother first of all i used future tense ... competition between china and usa will be in future ..... it is not now ...

Why i think that china can give a competition to usa ... they have industrial base ... they have skilled human resource ... they have resources ...

All the ingredients to compete usa in future are there ....

I compelty agree almost all of the platforms china are based on russian tech but now russians are not capable to continue their research and development due to lack of resources and lack of market ... china's own demand is enough to support r&d and they have opportunity to capture russian market ... furthermore the pace at which chinese are developing new tech like hypersonic vehicle ... antiship ballistic missiles and j20 is remarkable .. they are learning fast ...

Do these programs, supposed they actually work (e.g. F-35), have foreign help? Say advanced materials (say carbon fiber, advanced alloys), components, electronics, hi-precision CNC machine tools? All “indigenous"?
F-22 Raptor is 100% indigenous aircraft design.

F-35 is a multi-national project but Americans did the heavy-lifting in it. Why do you think it is identified as a product of Lockheed Martin? Why not a Turkish firm?

Americans are pioneers of modern aircraft designs and nobody matches their experience and expertise in this field.

F-22 Raptor is 100% indigenous aircraft design.

F-35 is a multi-national project but Americans did the heavy-lifting in it. Why do you think it is identified as a product of Lockheed Martin? Why not a Turkish firm?

Americans are pioneers of modern aircraft designs and nobody matches their experience and expertise in this field.

Design is nice, looks good on drawing board 100% indigenous, but to make it take off, any foreign help needed? Still 100% indigenous?

Who are pioneers of modern ship design? Where they are now?

Everything? Does American make sub-micron CNC to machine the precision components? And the carbon fiber? And the chips?
My friend,

Americans develop all of these things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom