What's new

FC-31 v2.0 First flight 2016.12.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be that optimistic.
Air frame is is almost ready with minor refinement if sufficient funds available the only thing they will develop will be Radar, ECM, ECCM, EW, and electro-optics systems for that jet

But china way ahead from Turkey

sir too early say about TFX, its technology will be based on F-35 which is multi-role jet

Turkey don't needs to be ahead of China, because they enjoy good relations with west are part of NATO and level-3 partner in F-35 project so they have access to tech which China is working hard to get, TFX will have EJ-200 possibly with TVC even EJ-230 is offered, China don't have anything in that quality also Top European company is helping them built their jet so after finalizing detail and design and availability of funds TFX could be built much faster then anticipated.

TFX is second 5th gen of Turkey F-35 will be first so they have good know how and support for advance 5th gen jet.

The main question for the FC-31 joining the PAF is if the Chinese will allow joint development/production of the aircraft including its sensitive technologies such as radar and engine.

Yo I got a question,

Why do all the people I have met on this forum love the J-31 so much?
Because this aircraft will help PAF counter ---- IAF Rafales / T-50s / Super Sukhois / etc . Pakistan can't buy any other heavy platform because of lack of funds thus this will be the main aircraft for PAF in future . :-) + we don't have any other option Russia and USA won't sell us there 5th Gen Fighters on the other hand China will not only sell us the J-31 but also it will surely give us some discount on this deal .

Last edited:
Turkey don't needs to be ahead of China, because they enjoy good relations with west are part of NATO and level-3 partner in F-35 project so they have access to tech which China is working hard to get, TFX will have EJ-200 possibly with TVC even EJ-230 is offered, China don't have anything in that quality also Top European company is helping them built their jet so after finalizing detail and design and availability of funds TFX could be built much faster then anticipated.

TFX is second 5th gen of Turkey F-35 will be first so they have good know how and support for advance 5th gen jet.

If its about license production than china can have russian engines too .. I agree that turkey has access to western tech but having access to tech and owning tech are different ... Our experience with west was worst at the time of 1971 and pressler ammendment so we should better focus on slightlyy lower tech but with better control over it ... Like jf17 ... I think we should have platform with which our supply lines kept open even in war time ...

With any western tech even licensed version from turkeyy we can be bitten at the time of need ... These political cosiderations are very imp

The main question for the FC-31 joining the PAF is if the Chinese will allow joint development/production of the aircraft including its sensitive technologies such as radar and engine.
Whatever transfer of tech they allow it will be much higher than westerns ... Speciallyy usa ...

If its about license production than china can have russian engines too .. I agree that turkey has access to western tech but having access to tech and owning tech are different ... Our experience with west was worst at the time of 1971 and pressler ammendment so we should better focus on slightlyy lower tech but with better control over it ... Like jf17 ... I think we should have platform with which our supply lines kept open even in war time ...

With any western tech even licensed version from turkeyy we can be bitten at the time of need ... These political cosiderations are very imp

Whatever transfer of tech they allow it will be much higher than westerns ... Speciallyy usa ...
Pak strategy appears to be accommodating Turkish systems in some form or other. So, I'm not ruling out TFX or some of its systems...

Pak strategy appears to be accommodating Turkish systems in some form or other. So, I'm not ruling out TFX or some of its systems...
I will be in favor of getting any turkish system as we trust turkey but i would not recommend to get any western system which turkey only produce under license from some western manufacturer ... As there will still be strings attached ... We should not trust western powers ...

China-Pak-Turkey can be a very powerful consortium for developing and marketing 5+ gen aircrafts. Let's wait and watch.
Wont happen. Turkey cancelled 2013 talks to buy $3.4 bil contract to buy chinese air defense system becaue of incompatibility with NATO systems.
Think before you wish :)

I have my great respect for turkey. But compare to China they haven't develop any fighter other then producing F-16 under license. So even though Europe might help them yet they haven't test their prototype .and their declared goal to fly the fifth generation fighter not before 2023 ,so it may be late for PAF get their hands on fifth generation fighter in time if they rely on Turkish option. In my opinion J-31 is the best choice both for cost and time to acquires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom