What's new

Explosion sinks INS Sindhurakshak Submarine with 18 onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there not Sail section escape systems on Board the Kilo? Perhaps they cant reach them.
Even then, the silver lining(if any) is that this is in port..hence divers are available that can reach that depth and perhaps save lives.

well,I am not an expert on these stuff.

http://m.ndtv.com/article/india/indian-navy-on-explosion-and-fire-on-ins-sindhurakshak-full-statement-405467

So it is not at all that deep.. Heavy cranes to lift the section with sailors up?( it up if it is no longer on fire)

Are there not Sail section escape systems on Board the Kilo? Perhaps they cant reach them.
Even then, the silver lining(if any) is that this is in port..hence divers are available that can reach that depth and perhaps save lives.

So it is not at all that deep.. Heavy cranes to lift the section with sailors up?( it up if it is no longer on fire)

Is that even possible? The Goliath cranes used in Cochin Shipyard for INS Vikrant had a lift of 600 tons. Kilos are 2k+ tons.

Can any one tell me how many are there inside the sub right now?

Just saw on Time that the submarine sunk in port while it was dock? wtf is this

Is that even possible? The Goliath cranes used in Cochin Shipyard for INS Vikrant had a lift of 600 tons. Kilos are 2k+ tons.

Well, One solution could be that hopefully the trapped individual sailors are in an isolated section that could be raised a bit through both Cranes and lots of air filled bags. But that is a very detailed operation and the chances of success low in that. Best hope is lots of divers location the sailors and if they are in good health.. breaching the hull in the hope that they may be able to swim to the surface or at least come out of the hull.

If it is indeed a torpedo explosion, then I suspect operating mistake more than equipment malfunction. Weapons usually have multiple layer of safety feature to make sure it doesn't misfire like that.

I just saw 18 sailors inside.

The-Indian-navys-Sindhura-008.jpg

This tragedy tell people how important weapon indegenization is, this Kilo is too old to be maintained(especially the weapon system). I don't wanna say it but the truth is, Russian weapons have many hidden quality flaws.

Sharam kar. 18 people trapped and you are taking cheap shots. Tch Tch.
Sharam? Some jokers out here on PDF are dancing with joy at India's discomfiture! What's new?

Indian posters say RIP to fallen PA soldiers when they get killed by the TTP etc. But many Pakistani posters here dance with glee when something happens to Indians! Just shows the mentality of some of these kids. But then, what do you expect from these immature school going children who frequently post baloney out here??

No it wasn't submerged! Why would a sub at berth be submerged?! Furthermore, there's no way that harbor has the depth to allow a sub to safely submerge at its moorings.

We can bring camera to film every single detail inside to know what exactly the cause, and don't let that ever happen again, help india will help China too, we also have several Kilo class subs.

If it is indeed a torpedo explosion, then I suspect operating mistake more than equipment malfunction. Weapons usually have multiple layer of safety feature to make sure it doesn't misfire like that.
Torpedoes are unarmed whilst at dock. I think we need to wait for the CoI to know exactly what happened.

We can bring camera to film every single detail inside to know what exactly the cause, and don't let that ever happen again, help india will help China too, we also have several Kilo class subs.
@wanglaokan,

India won't allow you in... not gonna happen. India won't allow its enemy in its security zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom