What's new

Explosion sinks INS Sindhurakshak Submarine with 18 onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart goes out for the Brave people who were their to protect us. RIP

Don't believe any new report yet as that is the knee jerk reactions of all Navies of diluting the truth but if the news is true, I would say well done to the Dockyard people. My information which is very reliable is that the second submarine was also damaged but got away.

Yes you are right they are hiding something from us. Also, due you believe that now IN should take matter seriously and send the remaining 9 Submarines to Russia for a complete refit....

All,
Watching news online.... the blast has damaged the hull and made it impossible to open available 3 hatches. Now rescue team is working to cut holes in to it and get people out.

Just wondering explosion and fire might have created hazardous fumes inside and survival should be close to miracle.

Let's pray for their safety!!

So now what are India's options

1. Increase the order for Scorpene's?
2. Tender out P75I?
3. Get another two Kilo from Russia?
4. Place an order for two U 214s?

You will see two submarines are out of action otherwise both the Defense Minister and Navy Chief would not be in Bombay. If I was ACNS Operations of PN I would be really happy today not because of the deaths but that two headaches to cater for in the present battle plan are not there for the next 10 years.

The last explosion was the significant one as it was white in color which is usually missile fuel.

I think now IN would be looking to get 6 Scorpions directly from France in 5 years time to over come the already deplayed project.

Also they might also going to place an order for 6 U-214 or 6 Amur class from Russia very soon.

Pretty tragic, Just the day before Independence day.. The extent of the real damage wont be known for a while, Maybe never given the sensitivity of these security matters.. From all accounts damage could be extensive both to the vessel and others surrounds it.. R.I.P to those lost lives

Just heard on Headlines Today, the other Submarine parked near INS Sindhurakshak suffered minor damages. No significant damage was done.

Feeling very sad about this. We salute those 18 sailors. Its unfortunate to loose Brave Heats like this.
RIP.

Rest in peace the deceased personals.
And may the trapped one be rescued. Sad accident.

Just want to add a message to some Indians who were rejoicing when the Pakistanis faced similar incidents like Mehran Base or Kamra attacks. Similar incidents could happen anywhere. But do consider that you also could be in same place anytime before commenting.

Regards.

Rest in peace the deceased personals.
And may the trapped one be rescued. Sad accident.

Just want to add a message to some Indians who were rejoicing when the Pakistanis faced similar incidents like Mehran Base or Kamra attacks. Similar incidents could happen anywhere. But do consider that you also could be in same place anytime before commenting.

Regards.

I agree with you. Soldiers need to be respected. No one should be happy about the death of any soldier be it Indian or a Pakistani or any other.

I hope we can rescue the trapped ones.

well india has good arsenals but lack of safety mechanisim... and that cost their own pilots and sailors life, i pray for the home mates of injured and killed sailors.. indeed life is precious then any expensive hardwares.. as an conventional enemy i wish that sub must be destroyed completely but for the injured sailor they must recover as soon as possile for working on another sub

May the dead RIP and hope there is a chance that some sailors will be rescued alive.

No survivors aboard INS Sindhu rakshak .

Divers have managed to enter into INS Sindhurakshak. No survivors aboard. The other ship which sustained minor damage is INS Sindhughosh and not INS Sindhuratna as rumoured before .

Salute to brave soldiers who laid down their lives in service of mother land !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom