we should add 4 x Jinnah Class
6 x Larger warships

thats 18 x warships

Now that is amazing

I would like to see this

Jinnah class no more than 4,000 tons twin hangers and 32 VLS

then we have 6 x larger FFG

we should add

5,000 tons twin hanger and can we manage 48 x VLS ?

overall we will have

4 x Type 054AP with 32 VLS = 128 with 4 x ASW Helicopters
4 x MILGEM with 16 x VLS = 64 with 4 x ASW Helicopters
4 x Jinnah Class with 32 x VLS = 128 with 8 x ASW Helicopters
6 x Larger FFG with 48 x VLS = 288 with 12 x ASW Helicopters

Total 608 x VLS + 28 x ASW Helicopters

now thats enough for complete air defence of our shore, landmarks and warships out at sea
From how I read the ex-CNS' statements, it was:

4 Type 054A/P
4 MILGEM
2 OPV 1900 (Yarmouk and Tabouk)
6 OPV (of larger tonnage)
? Jinnah-Class Frigate

I suspect in the long-run the Jinnah-class frigate would replace the F-22Ps. I don't think we'll see the first Jinnah-class frigate launched for trials before 2030. I think the first F-22P will be around 20 years of age at this point, so we could replace all four of those ships by 2040/2045.

The 6 larger OPVs can potentially have VLS (there are designs out there enabling this capability), but their role would be to drive our peacetime activities -- e.g., SLOC/EEZ patrol, CTFs, HADR, RMPs, CT/COIN, etc. In wartime, they'll likely double back as ASW and AShW corvettes.

This is a major modernization drive to swiftly put us in Mid Level Asian Level Navies
This was long over due but the defensive assets being acquired are appropriate

I think it would be safe to assume that the 40-50 years neglect would be reduced substantially with the planned direction of Navy and Military. Would update our Navy to perhaps Year 2005-2010 Level Navy

Last edited:
keeping in view that next turkish ship is TF 2000. which is around 7000T and the fact PN is developing various missile including BM. which need a bigger ship.

Jinnah class could be a Pakistani version of TF 2000 effectively a destroyer??

OPVs and heavy tonnage vessels are different things.
I was also initially under the impression that Chief was talking about 'heavier Corvettes', but he was not. Few Destroyers (6000+) will be part of PN before 2030 IA.
From how I read the ex-CNS' statements, it was:

4 Type 054A/P
4 MILGEM
2 OPV 1900 (Yarmouk and Tabouk)
6 OPV (of larger tonnage)
? Jinnah-Class Frigate

I suspect in the long-run the Jinnah-class frigate would replace the F-22Ps. I don't think we'll see the first Jinnah-class frigate launched for trials before 2030. I think the first F-22P will be around 20 years of age at this point, so we could replace all four of those ships by 2040/2045.

The 6 larger OPVs can potentially have VLS (there are designs out there enabling this capability), but their role would be to drive our peacetime activities -- e.g., SLOC/EEZ patrol, CTFs, HADR, RMPs, CT/COIN, etc. In wartime, they'll likely double back as ASW and AShW corvettes.

The way CNS mentioned it, lead many of us to believe that 6 larger ships were related to Damen ships. If indeed "6 larger tonnage ships" refer to destroyers than it is certainly great news. So are those destroyers going to be chinese or european?

6 Yarmouk Class Corvettes , would be a great addition with local Weapons
An order should be placed soon in order to get the ships delivered in near future

For a great while Pakistan Navy did not grew our Corvette Class Ships for near shore active role however good to see the Corvette Class ships making progress in Pakistan Navy's plan's for future

Removing the figure of "0" under this category of ship was a great mile stone

YES!
We will get to hear more about it sometime next year as per my understanding.

Shall we expect this ?

If we go by the past pattern. MODP revealed in 2015-2016 that Pakistan is developing 1 Anti Ship and Land Attack Cruise Missile. Previous Admiral in his retirement speech in October 2017 revealed HARBA. Harba was tested in January 2018 from PNS Himmat

Similarly, Super-sonic cruise missile revealed in 2017-2018 MoDP Book. Retd.Admiral in his speech revealed P-282 AsBM in october 2020. PNS Haibat will be commissioned in December 2020.

Expect a Missile test in January or February 2021 of either Supersonic cruise missile or P-282 from PNS Haibat or from land based platform

3 year development lifecycle is emerging from a pattern as it seems. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

@Zarvan your desire of 'biggies' will full fill. UVLS modules which can carry cruise, Ballistic, torpedo & air defense missiles will come to PN provided that everything goes as per plans.

And 20 Major ships (destroyers + frigates) and 30 smaller ships (corvettes + OPVs + FACM) is very sensible target.

Any further expansion, if needed, (and is needed) will take place after 2030. It's worth noting we are not becoming a Blue Water Navy. We are just preparing ourselves for future threats which can endanger Pakistan and Sino-Pak shared interests in the region.

@Rafi Chief didn't disclose deals involving additional subs of four different types. Two are pre 2030 and two are post 2030 programs. Looks like he still don't want to show his underwater cards. The best surprise is the one which enemy never expects coming.
Midget, SSK, SSN and SSBN. LoL... Just toying :partay::P

ADMIRAL MUHAMMAD AMJAD KHAN NIAZI ASSUMES COMMAND OF PAKISTAN NAVY

View attachment 676764

Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi HI(M) SBt has assumed Command of Pakistan Navy as 22nd Chief of the Naval Staff. The change of Command was formally held in an impressive ceremony today at PNS ZAFAR Islamabad, in which Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi NI(M), upon completion of his tenure of Service, handed over the reins of Command to Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi.

In his farewell address to officers and men of Pakistan Navy, the outgoing Naval Chief, Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi, thanked Allah SWT for enabling him to discharge his duties to the best of his abilities with honesty, justice and dignity. The Admiral underscored that he kept his primary focus on transforming Pakistan Navy into a combat ready force with special emphasis on optimum battle preparedness and professional competence. He praised the untiring efforts of the finest officers and men of Pakistan Navy who worked as a team to achieve the progress made in all domains in line with his vision. Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi while highlighting the volatile geo-political landscape and heightened tensions in the preceding years made particular mention of the conflict situation post-Pulwama incident. He remarked that Pakistan’s civil military unified stance and diplomatic-military push back, frustrated Indian designs. Pakistan Armed Forces gave a befitting response and won the battle of hearts and minds, shattering the myth of India’s false sense of superiority. He applauded the professionalism displayed by PN in detecting the intruding Indian Navy submarine in Pakistani waters.

Thanks to his being Abbasi the money was released by MoD with no delays.. :tsk:something that took a lot of time in past.

FREMM, while it is an Air defense Frigate, its effectively a destroyer when looking at tonnage and also capabilities.
Could be Italian or German MEKO or French FREMM or Damen too maybe LM will build a new one for us

Could be Italian or German MEKO or French FREMM or Damen too maybe LM will build a new one for us

Tbh, the whole "destroyer" classification is kinda irrelevant. I.e the Chinese call the 055 a destroyer but the Us call it a cruiser. If the PN wanted a heavier tonnage vessel, we are talking 6000t+, we should be looking for something with the ability to handle saturation attacks effectively, surplus/used 052ds are ideal and an export variant of them could be on the cards, if not, Italian FREMMs however, while swapping Aster 15 for CAMM-ER, Aster 15 is an awful choice in light of camm. 8 or 16 cells dedicated to quadpacked CAMM-ER and then the rest to ASTER-30. However, another option is an Ada based heavier tonnage ship(i have discussed this in a quwa article: https://quwa.org/2020/09/06/analysis-ideas-on-how-pakistan-can-leverage-the-milgem-ada-2/ )
If all else fails, the TF2000 AAW frigate/destroyer will always be an option. In fact, we have seen Turkish efforts to market it abroad already. Damen also has the omega frigate on offer- something we can also consider. At the end of the day, id prefer the PN tried to design their own hull and then intergrated COTS components onto the ship, allowing for them to gain vital design experience which can be used with maximum indigenous components down the line.

8-)

1x Yuan-class sub being acquired from China on gratis basis

• grtis: Free of Charge
Is it just me or this is an extra Sub !!! beside the 8 we ordered

carlson.png

• 6 more Yarkmook Class Ship :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
  • Enhanced Patrol / OPV capabilities , with some local weaponry
OPV4.jpg

sub on lease for training purposes I presume

Back
Top Bottom