What's new

Erdoan: Turkey considers Shanghai organization an alternative to EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Arabs have allot of issues among eachothers and that's why I talked about KSA-Egypt war in Yemen and how they helped eachothers in few months after then in 1967 until now, yet they would never work against eachothers interests for Turkey. KSA helped Egypt with $5 bn, Qatar with $20 bn, Algeria provided Egypt with gas at reduced prices, UAE and kuwait aided Egypt with $2 bn each, Jordan agreed to host 1 million Egyptian workers although 600 thousand have no legal wok permit, Where would you find this other than Arab world?. And what is the "Egypt's invasion of Arabian peninsula"?

Turkey needs them and not vise versa. Egypt and GCC are in much stronger relations than Turkish-GCC relation that is based on pure interests. As I said, Turkey importance for GCC is just to isolate Iran and completes it's job in Syria.

Well, reformists in Middle East, both in Iran and Arab world looks up to Turkey quite alot and Turkey is the most favourable cuntry among common citizens. As long as Turkish goverment destroys that image of Turkey is quite safe with the Arab states for now and vice versa.

About Syria and Egypt, Egypt atleast for the next few decades won't be anything of importance other than its sentimental value. As for Syria, well, Syria is a lot different than other Arab states. It is too dependant on Turkey for both trade and cultural relations to be anything other than an ally, specially after post Assad era. Syria's second hearth is Aleppo and you can be sure that nearly quarter of the city has someone living in Turkey or has trade relationships with Turkey. But Syrias most important role will be a land route for GCC-Turkey.

GCC-Turkey allience isn't just because of their respective interests but it is also for saving Europe from energy dependence of Russia too. It isn't an allience that can be broken over few sentimental nationalists. :)

P.S: I was talking about Yemen Civil War and the invasion of Yemen by Egypt.

The thing i like most about Araps is their nationalists. It is always amusing to watch :pop:
Most of the time they are busy with killing each other though. Good thing they have each other.

Turkey is not working for Arab interests and as long as there are sane people in this country we never will.

Where do you take your arrogance from? Your country is the Arab country that is cooperating the most with th Israelis and yet you imply that there is such a thing as Arab brotherhood.

It's really interesting what kind of people certain topics attract.

This will never change the fact that Turkey works for Arab interests, and Turkey is important as long as Turkey keep itself like that. Turkey tried the Israeli way against the Arabs but has been margnalised and isolated in the ME. Jordan has relation with Israel for peace sake. However, the relations has never been more than embassies.

Yes, Arabs have allot of issues among eachothers and that's why I talked about KSA-Egypt war in Yemen and how they helped eachothers in few months after then in 1967 until now, yet they would never work against eachothers interests for Turkey

lol...And who asked for that? Right now, Turkey has very good relations with both GCC and Egypt and thats what we need..No one asked for them to be our brothers..Its all about mutual interests and business

This will never change the fact that Turkey works for Arab interests, and Turkey is important as long as Turkey keep itself like that. Turkey tried the Israeli way against the Arabs but has been margnalised and isolated in the ME. Jordan has relation with Israel for peace sake. However, the relations has never been more than embassies.

Turkey works for its own interests. It is another story if you also benefiting from that work. But we sure enjoy Arab money -which is the second best thing about Araps after their nationalists- :)
And Arabs are important as long as their money flows towards Turkey.

Well, reformists in Middle East, both in Iran and Arab world looks up to Turkey quite alot and Turkey is the most favourable cuntry among common citizens. As long as Turkish goverment destroys that image of Turkey is quite safe with the Arab states for now and vice versa.

P.S: I was talking about Yemen Civil War and the invasion of Yemen by Egypt.
Turkey is a thing and Egypt is sth different, I mean it's like you are comparing France close relations with UAE with Egypt and UAE. what we are saying is that Turkey will never be as important as Egypt in the Arab world, neither to people nor politicians. Egypt is considered the heart of Arabs.

If recent massive financial aids didn't convince you, this might do the job:

Saud Al-Faisal, after talking about Saudi Financial aids to Egypt said "Egypt is the heart of Arab World and Egypt is the largest and most important country in the Arab world, Egypt is as dear to us as to it's own people"

About Syria and Egypt, Egypt atleast for the next few decades won't be anything of importance other than its sentimental value. As for Syria, well, Syria is a lot different than other Arab states. It is too dependant on Turkey for both trade and cultural relations to be anything other than an ally, specially after post Assad era. Syria's second hearth is Aleppo and you can be sure that nearly quarter of the city has someone living in Turkey or has trade relationships with Turkey. But Syrias most important role will be a land route for GCC-Turkey.

GCC-Turkey allience isn't just because of their respective interests but it is also for saving Europe from energy dependence of Russia too. It isn't an allience that can be broken over few sentimental nationalists. :)

Syrians are the most Pan-Arabs , yes they will befriend Turkey but never on the expense of Arab interests. I agree with you, and repeat, Turkish importance is just business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Syria realized its mistakes after Turkey gave ultimatum to Syria and threaten Syria with war... Syria didn't stop its support for PKK because of its dictators good heart...
We have practically fought a clandestine war involving assassinations from our side and sabotages done by Syria.
KSA helped Egypt with $5 bn, Qatar with $20 bn, Algeria provided Egypt with gas at reduced prices, UAE and kuwait aided Egypt with $2 bn each, Jordan agreed to host 1 million Egyptian workers although 600 thousand have no legal wok permit, Where would you find this other than Arab world?. And what is the "Egypt's invasion of Arabian peninsula"?.
Oh I've almost cried. Billions of dollars are flying, what a friendship.. What about the starving Iraqis? aren't they Arabs? What about Palestine? Is it okay for one Arab to swim in petrol money while the Vultures are circling the other? I thought it wasn't the Islamic way :)
But Syrias most important role will be a land route for GCC-Turkey.
Skrew GCC, Turkey will get to Israel through Syria. We have unfinished business :tup:

You can't Ignore Iran. When reformist take over Tehran and sanctions are stopped, Iran will become an fully industrialized nation and the most powerful nation in the Near East.

Lol, you really think world's 17th largest economy will do nothing when Egypt start to patronize neighbours Syria and Iraq?

Iran tried it, now Iraq is divided and there is a civil war going on in Syria. Greece tried it, now there are 30k Turkish troops in Cyprus. Wanna try too?

Egypt the most important country in Arabic world? Haha, if so we wouldn't go with KSA for foreign military sales. I really wonder to know what kinda importance that it is except for oil? In fact Egypt is no more a US ally.

The only thing you're saying basically in your last posts: Turkeys working for Arab interests. But how? The way I see it there mutual interest between some Arab countries and Turkey (not on everything but certain topics). We profit some Arab countries might profit.

Pan-Arabism is really cute, you don't even get along with your own people and talk about brotherhoods, ha.

And for Jordan and the relations with Israel "only for peace sake". Didnt Israel assist you when Syria was on the verge of invading your country while you were fighting the PLO your brothers?

Leave Egypt aside, Libya is screwed up beyond recognition. No government, no army. Local clans' gorillas running the country.

I talked to an Afghan friend who studied in Egypt and he told me that Egyptians are very negative about Turks because of Ottoman empire. I have such a hard time understanding Arabs.

All my best wishes to Turkey to join the Shanghai organization. Seriously talking, no one in Europe wants to see the Turkey in the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom