What's new

Era of wars over, ready to resolve all issues with India: Pakistan

I think decent soldiers will not fire on retreating forces, and claim victory, but I forgot shame is a word you bhartis have no knowledge of.

Ever heard of the word ROUTING? It is Somewhat similar to it.

As for not firing on retreating soldiers, give a thought to where they were retreating from.

Jinko khud sharm na ho, unko maarne me kya sharm?

That's what the Trusteeship Council was working on. The Portugeuse were gradually losing ground. But Indian leaders wanted to gather glory from immediate results.
Indian leaders wanted immediate results???? Man open your eyes for a second...No need to keep harping on the same point which lacks logic....We waited for 14 damn years...Portuguese were gradually losing ground??? is this what you can come up with...So how many more years you think this gradually would have taken??? We already know UN speed of solving conflicts especially the track record in SA and the apartheid regime...

Is it such a difficult think to crack - when a country has the power to fix the issue on its own complemented with inefficiency of UN then i am sorry but the country has no choice but to take matters in her own hands...b/w there are many actions that US has taken outside the mandate of UN...What is your take on that???

Pick another state; don't mess with Texas! And that's not the question. The correct analogous question is, What should the U.S. reaction be 400 YEARS AFTER India occupies Texas?
Nopes...It doesn't matter if the occupation is 400 years old - 500 years old....It is like saying if the occupier is there from quiet sometime then he/she gets a legitimacy to stay there for another 50 years even though the occupied has the power to throw the occupier out...this one is another insane reasoning that i have come across......The moment i have the power to get rid of the occupier i will...India went into UN, waited for 14 years after she got her independence and yet Portugal's did not budge...They were loosing ground or not is a useless rhetoric in this context...

Anyhow i think we have discussed a lot on this subject..so let's cut it out...Your original comment was "invade other nations' territories for the purpose of expansion"...The example you have given so far is GOA...How was goa someone's else territory...explain that part or accept yourm mistake and give some other example...

Just because Pakistan acted badly doesn't make India into an angel.
Again a lame attempt to circle around...You said Pakistan used our bad precedent and acted in 65...whereas bad precedent was set way back in 47....Now may i say that Goa was just a lame excuse on the Pakistan's part???

Go ahead and check me on this and I think you'll find all territorial disputes were all handled through the U.N. system during this period.

Let's see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_crisis_of_1946 - where was UN here....

1948 Arab
"Arguing that the partition plan was unfair to the Arabs with regard to the population balance at that time, the representatives of the Palestinian Arabs and the Arab League firmly opposed the UN action and rejected its authority to involve itself in the entire matter.[20] They upheld "that the rule of Palestine should revert to its inhabitants, in accordance with the provisions of the Charter of the United Nations."[21][22]"

There are many more but i don't want to waste my time....UN is not a fair body and moves as per the interests of G5...so let's cut the crap here....

Haven't you read Rusty's posts? Pakistanis and Indians aren't that different. Rusty understands India's actions on moral grounds. The West that didn't accept that - as India's leaders surely knew at the time. As seen from the quoted diplomatic record, Z.A.B. & Ayub Khan cited the same justifications in 1965 that India did in the Goa invasion.
haven't you read my reply?? One can quote anything but that doesn't mean they are correct...The needed an excuse they used it...There were enough examples for them around including their own act in 47...So once again let me say - your reasoning is not good enough...don't want to be rude but it is a pathetic attempt to combine two incidents that have nothing in common...If you think there is a commonality between 65 war if India-Pak vs Goa war of 61 then list them...

These are tactical and logistical considerations, not strategic ones.
How do you infer it is not strategic one's??? Anyhow even it is tactical and logictical considerations then does that mean they are not important???

Sure.The course the parties have been following since independence (i.e., geography is more important than people, so eat all the oysters you can) doesn't lead to peace. Time to shift and try a different tack, then: start slow and loud and see how Pakistan responds. But don't listen to excuses for not acting that have no impact on security. It's the job of the professional military to find such excuses and the job of the civilian leadership to evaluate them.
A profession Army will find excuses??? If that is true then how come they are professional??? What kind of excuse is this that the current positions should be recognized and army will move back....i find the demand logical...You still have not answered me how this is not logical or an excuse??? Kargil happened just a decade ago...was that an excuse in your eyes??? If there is no ground positioning there there is no legitimacy should Pakistan acted unilaterally and occupy the position...And once positions are occupied there is no way on this earth you can vacate them...You should better ask this from Pakistani friends here...They tried 2-3 times...Do you find this as an excuse??? If yes, then how???

That is indeed the stance I have come to expect from Indians: once they run out of justifications they politely say no thank you we'll keep on doing what we're doing anyway.

All that i am harping on numerous posts of mine makes you feel that i am ran out of justifications???? I am sorry but i hope you are not brain dead...because once again you are generalizing everyone...One Indian is not equivalent to all Indians...I am talking to you...you don't represent US/ISrael/Jews...you are just one person and it is stupid to paint everyone because of what you are saying...

Ever heard of the word ROUTING? It is Somewhat similar to it.

As for not firing on retreating soldiers, give a thought to where they were retreating from.

Jinko khud sharm na ho, unko maarne me kya sharm?
Our forces carried out a near successful covert operation, until politics came into play.

To have the audacity of claiming victory after firing on retreating forces makes India a laughing stock.

Think of it as you will, but I am done commenting on Kargil and this thread.

Forget his grandkids, look at you. It doesn't take a genius to realize that India and Pakistan will never be at peace. face to face we'll be friendly but deep down inside, there will never be peace. There will always be people from both sides fighting against each other on various issues. Unfortunately that is the reality and you can't really change the opinions of the masses - especially when religion, idealistic morals, different values and belief systems have been instilled for generations.

Thankfully but your assumptions are wrong..Look such conflicts don't die on their own...I might be saying it for the nth time...for the first time CBM's are taking place...serious effort is going on...Don't expect fancy stuff from these CBM's but they are the building blocks to any conflict resolution.....The problem is that we want the conflicts to resolve without putting in any ground work....It is going to take decades before we resolve the issues but these CBM's will help in maintaining status quo and peace for all these decades....No more war's and serious work on CBM's should be the mantra for atleast this decade...

Our forces carried out a near successful covert operation, until politics came into play.

To have the audacity of claiming victory after firing on retreating forces makes India a laughing stock.

Think of it as you will, but I am done commenting on Kargil and this thread

Good...i was about to request the same...There are many thread in this topic and Indian side has clearly explained what was the fuss about so called firing on retreating forces....For a starter there was no official confirmation from your side of the retrieval...Anyhow if you have not please read the threads and if you are not satisfied with the explanation then kindly open a new thread....

Haha, I knew Indians have no shame.

After dominating your IA, they were ordered to retreat politically after capturing the highest points. Your soldiers shot at our soldiers as they were ordered to vacate their positions.

If you have any shame for your nation, you will not attempt to glorify this incident on the behalf of India.

Your soldiers along with the support of artillery and air force got such a beating that your generals till this day talk about it.

We did not deploy our air force, yet still shot down your planes.

If you have any respect for yourself and your nation, you will not respond any further.

I'm done.

Nice story .... It is like breaking into some ones house when owner is in vacation.
When owner returns, intruder refuses to leave and fights. After sometime intruder think that he can't fight (initial overestimation) and decides to leave. While leaving owner give big kick. Now intruder is crying * dignity of soldier, human right, muslim oppression you name it.

Sigh, even the sensible among your country men are most likely laughing at you. But OK.

why you think so?

There's no point arguing. I can post evidence, but then you will still try to disprove it out of frustration. If what you think is correct, according to yourself, than be happy with it.

There's no point arguing. I can post evidence, but then you will still try to disprove it out of frustration. If what you think is correct, according to yourself, than be happy with it.

If they soldier have no balls, they should have surrendered. Should not run away. retreat may be for regroup.

India has history of not harming surrendered soldiers. exp: 1971 war 90k pak soldiers.

Indians just trolling as usual.

I have no intention of embarrassing you guys as I have done time and time again regarding this topic.

@RazPak and @Rang De - would you mind not carrying on this off topic discussion out there....i know both of you might have some point to prove but all that has already been discussed here many time...better open a new thread and i am sure it will still actract many....

You see, the Pakistanis picked up on India's example and applied it to renew the conflict in Kashmir. Goa wasn't a security issue but a matter of national pride and the personal desire of Indian leaders for glory. That was the sort of thing the U.N. was meant to stop, and India (with Soviet collusion) destroyed that mission. Bhutto and Ayub picked up on that and saw no reason why they shouldn't try the same thing.

And all that you have for your position is the American ambassador's telegram.

Do you realize that Pak was the blued eyed boy of America those days and India was the unwanted child ?

What you are doing is akin to me using the Soviet's position (which was tremendously supportive of India on Goa) to justify my position.

Oh and BTW we took the example of the Israelis who retook their land by force and did not wait for any of the could be's and would be's like you are advocating. Infact if you think our claim on Goa was much more solid that the European Jews' claim on a piece of land in Palestine they called Israel ;)

Solomon, you are losing it. Just move on - there are plenty of topics where you can contribute.

Indians just trolling as usual.

I have no intention of embarrassing you guys as I have done time and time again regarding this topic.

The only one trolling here is you. When you make a factually incorrect statement, expect other members to correct you.

Didn't watch the video, eh? If you did, it'll help you convince yourself how important is peace, if you don't want your army to go through all this again in future.

@RazPak and @Rang De - would you mind not carrying on this off topic discussion out there....i know both of you might have some point to prove but all that has already been discussed here many time...better open a new thread and i am sure it will still actract many....

If you don't reply to them, they keep on believing they were right.

If you don't reply to them, they keep on believing they were right.
How does it matter what one believe's?? I am not saying don't challenge him but let's respect the rules of the forum, no?? this thread is not about Kargil and i am sure you are smart enough to know what should be your next action....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom