What's new

Era of wars over, ready to resolve all issues with India: Pakistan

I see that India is willing to preach morality to others while acting with amorality in the pursuit of its own aggrandizement. Am I missing something? Do I need a new prescription for eyeglasses?

i dont think your eyesight is the issue here

I'm not asking India to withdraw from Kashmir at the moment. But a unilateral withdrawal right now from the Siachen area would be a good move if India truly desires peace.

Here is one reason which I have stated in another thread. Unless the Kashmir issue is settled, Pakistan-India rivalry will not end. This being the case, if you look at the spending done in Siachen - Pakistan spends $60 million dollars and India spends $200 million dollars every year. But Indian army has been returning money from its budget to the govt. - it is rougly about $9 billion in the last decade. This being the case $200 million is well spent in that Pakistan had to spend the $60 million instead of spending it for other defence purposes - say on couple of fighter jets or more missiles.

And India has invested so much in the soldiers' safety in Siachen that the loss of soldiers have come down drastically since 1980s. So as long as the Soldiers' safety is taken care of, it is in India's interest to maintain the status quo.

Ahead of Budget, armed forces asked to return Rs 4,000 cr

"In the last decade more than Rs 45,000 crore has been returned either because it is unused or because the government needed the money to balance its books."

IMHO Recognizing AGPL is not equivalent to ceding the territory to India...It is just stating the actual positions of the troops which will surely help us when it comes to negotiations..

The agreement says that the LOC extends northwards from NJ9482 which puts Siachen on the Indian side.

It was under Portugeuse rule for hundreds of years. The U.N. Trusteeship Council would probably have transferred it to India eventually ...

Why should anybody have faith in your probably's and eventually's.

The Portuguese government of that era had a chance to do the right thing with self respect. They chose to abuse Indian tolerance and it was high time for them to be sent packing.

India's action ruined the U.N.'s system of peaceful arbitration of such disputes and thus created a gunpowder keg in Kashmir that Pakistan was soon to light ...

Are you aware of the wholesale murder, loot and rape committed during the so-called "tribal" invasion of Kashmir in 1948?

Do you think India's action in Goa was needed as a justification for the policy of supporting terrorism?

India will forever be the enemy.

I hope your grandkids will be smarter than you are.

what's going on.........I feel so conflicted......for the first time ever I find myself agreeing with Solomon....
I don't even know who I am anymore...:cheesy:

Somebody is opposing India and you are supporting them.

There's nothing new going on. You are just the same as you have always been.

The indian elite and their sycophant allies have never been interested in peace, only our national security organs, and our Armed Forces can guarantee our security objectives, by deterrence.

India has transgressed boundaries in the past, if we accept status quo we leave the Indian boundary dangerously close to the Karakoram Highway(Vital for supplies/Good bargaining chip) and 8 of our highest peaks(Good Vantage Points). That's a risk that may prove fatal in case of future hostilities. That is why Pakistan does not accept status quo and insists on return to the pre-1984 positions.

Again you are making the same mistake...As said recognizing AGPL is not equivalent to ceding the territory...And once the area is demilitarized i am not sure how will India transgress boundaries...Once you have clearly demarcated line, how does this transgression occur?? India is not against moving to pre-84 positions but after the recognition of AGPL...I think here our root cause is that Pakistan believe if they recognize the current positions then it is equivalent to ceding the territory...Don't you think it is a wrong assumption???

These reasons are not obvious at present, to the common man, it is just a stretch of ice, however to a military tactician, it's a buffer zone. If we remove the bufferzone, Indians will start from our doorstep, giving us very little to fall back on without strategic loss is case of future hostilities.

Agains once the area is demilitarized i am not sure how this buffer zone is gone...In fact right now the buffer zone is gone...India is right at the door step since her military is right there...However once both the parties move out your required buffer zone will pop us...Man what am i missing here????

After the signing of the Simla Accord, it was agreed that from the peak NG274E(Correct me if I am mistaken) the border would proceed "Hence Northwards". Now, the border up till NG247E was charted and decided by a commission, Pakistan claims that by "Hence Northwards", it means due north as a continuation of the border (geographically NE) as the crow flies, where as India claims that this refers to the Geographical North, the position at which they stand (in most cases). So the two words "Hence Northwards" are the root of this conflict.

Thanks man...I knew it is something like that...My stand is vindicated...Siachen is neither lawfully ours nor yours...there was no clear demarcations and the different interpretations brought us into this mess...

I hope your grandkids will be smarter than you are.

Forget his grandkids, look at you. It doesn't take a genius to realize that India and Pakistan will never be at peace. face to face we'll be friendly but deep down inside, there will never be peace. There will always be people from both sides fighting against each other on various issues. Unfortunately that is the reality and you can't really change the opinions of the masses - especially when religion, idealistic morals, different values and belief systems have been instilled for generations.

The Indians cannot overcome their complex of Pakistanis not wanting to be a part of them. For eternity they will wage war against us for not accepting their inferior standards. It's more than an extreme case of obsession. It's an infatuation. Until they try to overcome the Pakistani people, they will torture the innocent Kashmiri people in our stead.

Looks like pakistan looking for another kargil. Army wants withdrawal from siachin and pm says no war.

It is well known fact that pakistan can't fight direct war. when India lower its guard with peace process, they will come like rats and occupy.
Aww man, those evil evil evil Pakistanis :rofl:

Looks like pakistan looking for another kargil. Army wants withdrawal from siachin and pm says no war.

It is well known fact that pakistan can't fight direct war. when India lower its guard with peace process, they will come like rats and occupy.

Awww, did the big bad Pakistanis, hurt your feelings, your rage and frustration mean you lost the argument.

I think brave soldiers fight and will not run back.

I think decent soldiers will not fire on retreating forces, and claim victory, but I forgot shame is a word you bhartis have no knowledge of.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom