What's new

Emergency Imposed!

Vote about Emergency Imposed!

• I support it. I am done with CJ, political instability, Benazir.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • I condemn it. Musharraf needs to step down, and elect as a RETIRED General.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
Emergency (coup) has nothing to do with stability or integrity of Pakistan but everything to do with Musharraf holding on to two posts of presidency & COAS. He will never give up these two titles. Only way Pakistan can get rid of him is if Army kicks him out, otherwise there is no other way, any amount of agitation or political movement is not going to work!

Will you eat your words, if elections are held next year then?

Will you eat your words, if elections are held next year then?

Can you your self remove 'if' from your statement ? How many times elections were promised? how many times promises were broken ? who eats whose words?

Can you your self remove 'if' from your statement ? How many times elections were promised? how many times promises were broken ? who eats whose words?

Why the need to avoid the question? Elections weren't promised at a specific date before. This is the first time. Changing Pakistan into a working democracy takes time, and the first solid date I've heard been proposed for an election of the head of state was next year. Will you eat your words also, if elections are held next year?

Guys what i think is.. there is a surprise coming.. I dont know what it is.. just wait and watch. :D

Elections will take place, nearer the time, dependent on the situation.

Obviously, if there is total confusion created by those interested in creating chaos, it would be naive to expect any election, free and fair or rigged as some would love to claim, if the results don't go their way!

Elections are to Musharraf's advantage since it would prove that he has stabilised the county, got its economy going and returned the country to a responsible democracy!

One must notice how BB is being treated with a kid glove!

Take heart.

There is always a silver lining on the edges of what some perceive as a black cloud!

The sacked Supreme Court was essentially presented with an outline of a "road to democracy". Musharraf confirmed as president, hangs up his uniform and therefore loses most of his power - elections herald in new government, Musharraf tries to ensure the country continues on the general direction he has set - fades out as insignificant after five years with new elections. Supreme Court, pushed by CJ and ex SC judge Wajihuddin, refuse to accept "road map" for god knows what reason, and Musharraf finds a way to fire them. Acquiescent SC confirms his eligibility, and we continue with road map after slight detour.

Sound about right?

Yeah so the militant attacks were the reason for "emergency rule"

Is anything actually being done or is this more of Musharraf wanting to stay in power?

:disagree::disagree::disagree:dear mr, KEYSEROSOZE,i am a pakistani national, but now iam living in thailand, by the way, frist off all ,ur nationality really is more irrelavent, to the fourm, and i certianly dont wana go into,unusefull, discussion with u, but 1 thing is sure, u also,should try to change ur attitude of the fact that, we ( pakistanis) r not living in the BRITISH EMPIRE, ANY MORE.......? so if u have any problems regarding my posts, plz,,,, dont read them..... this my requst.yesterday,,, i was reading , some of posts, which were really, unconcerned to the topic, i mean the posts regurding , WASIM AKRAM, and about some 1s gardens, they were still, they were still there, and no body, deleted them, i jst understand all this.........? why should only my posts were deleted.... plz , go to page no 42, 41 , a lot of crap over there nobody is taking notice why........................?????????????:angry::angry::angry:

Shujat said emergency will be lifted within two to three weeks.

Punjab PM said tenure of present assemblies willl not be extended.

PM last night said elections will be held soon.

:angel:i think tht, it is time for gen musharf to reconsider, the so called NRO, as quick as he can, because , of the, attitude, of some political parties WHO are the major gainers, of the prposed, NRO.THese political parties are, due to work for there, masters(usa), and to give USA MORE inside control in pakistans internal affairs, this the same style of policy by USA, once which was implimented against TALIBANS when, USA gave all its support to, NORTHERN ALLINCE, a (minority war group) then, was being given the task to attack TILIBANS, and took the charge of AFGHANISTAN, even they have to assinate fromer , MUJAHIEDEEN great ( AHMED SHAH MASOOD) because he was not ready to accept USAs role in afghanistan, so he was killed by a ALQEDA oprative,under the command of CIA. there r alot of lessons to be learnt from the war OF terror in muslim states after year 2000. which was the the year when CIA STARTS working ITS so called , NEW WORLD ORDER IN action. the year i was in afghnistan??????;);):D

As per the Pakistani Info minister, there is no issue.

Musharraf will take off his uniform as soon as his election that was by a huge majority is ratified.

Hence, I feel that political parties are making a mountain of a molehill and feeding fat their personal agendas.

Dear dahmed, eventhoughIagreewithyouonmostofthepointsIfinditverydifficulttoknowexactlywhatyouaresaying!

Thank you!

Agreed Sir as this emegency which i see can not be lingred on, has saved us from alot of confusion in case the CJ had made some confusing decision.
It would have left Musharraf with same option.
Pluse in that case for a moment if we think that OK
1. Musharraf was removed after CJ's decision
than

A. Who would have taken charge of the affairs of constitutin a caretake government for holding the fresh elections ??
B. Would it be the same SC with CJ in the driving seat ? If it was the same than what about the reservastions of other political parties about him ???

Would his decision be accepted by all the political parties wholeheately ??

Would there be impartiality in the caretaker government formed by ex-CJ Ifikhar ???

If not than what ??????
Indeed all the political parties would have been fighting making the netire country a fish-market.

Thank GOD we are feeling a relx calm in the country no violent protests.
such joy to ride on roads :)

:enjoy:it will be very wrong and difficult for GEN. MUSHARF, to lift the emergency so soon, because then, there will be questions abuot all tht drama, which is in progress, for the reasons of , uncertnty which , GEN .MUSHARF, has justified in his actions, in recent past. at least he, have to clear ,SWAT. and have to take care about,the political situation, which is heavliy influenced BY USA.so there is a very thin chance of emrgncy bieng lifted soon????????:cheers::cheers::pakistan::china::sniper::usflag:

dahmed,

theemergencywillbeliftedinaweek!

ThecourtswillhavethePCOjudges!

Nottoworry!

ElectionssurelynextJan.

Back
Top Bottom