What's new

Eid Milad Un Nabi (S.A. W) Mubarak

1stly, do you have any sources to the bold part or just garbage?
2ndly, You are going off topic but if you must know...Islam does allow questioning in fact all over the quran it goes by "ponder the signs of ALLAH"...Now if you "ponder" you are bond to ask questions...Islam doesnt restrict thinking or questioning...People lacking information/ knowledge to answer restrict it coz by such questions their limited knowledge is exposed...The same as any priest goes violent if you question him [as shown in movies]

And the very fact that the early stages of Islam when people WERE RELIGIOUS, the most advancement in science took place as compared to when they started relaxing and enjoying kingdom life and pleasing the king!
We are allowed to question but not doubt.
Also scientific development need not be a priority for good living either. Our generation is advanced but are they following the advanced examples?
No.
We see rock music, adultery, crime, rape etc in higher numbers. We forget that this life is just a test.

hinduism Is not a religion
Exactly. True.

how can philosophy develop in a land which forbids you from questioning the existence of god or prophets
Perhaps we are better off without such ''philosophy'. You guys are there. May be you can take the lead in modernism.

We are allowed to question but not doubt.
Doubt can cause questioning and questioning can lead to doubt...You see religion is based on belief....When you cant see it you tend to doubt it is human nature...To say we cant doubt is wrong because it is human nature .....but we are cautioned about it coz it will lead to destruction of faith...

Just like love...If you doubt unnecessarily you will destroy the relationship!

Doubt can cause questioning and questioning can lead to doubt...You see religion is based on belief....When you cant see it you tend to doubt it is human nature...To say we cant doubt is wrong because it is human nature .....but we are cautioned about it coz it will lead to destruction of faith...

At the end of bhagavadgita ,after preaching his philosophy, Krishna says to Arjuna " I have taught what I could and what I wanted...contemplate over my teachings and do what you feel is right'
The great Buddha said'never believe anything simply because it was being told by figures of authority..think yourself and only of it agrees with your reason,believe it.

That is the basic difference between Indian philosophy and abrahamic religions..Indian philosophy encourages free thinking whereas abarhamic religions intimidate you with hell to forbid you from seeking rationale and from questioning.

1stly, do you have any sources to the bold part or just garbage?
2ndly, You are going off topic but if you must know...Islam does allow questioning in fact all over the quran it goes by "ponder the signs of ALLAH"...Now if you "ponder" you are bond to ask questions...Islam doesnt restrict thinking or questioning...People lacking information/ knowledge to answer restrict it coz by such questions their limited knowledge is exposed...The same as any priest goes violent if you question him [as shown in movies]

And the very fact that the early stages of Islam when people WERE RELIGIOUS, the most advancement in science took place as compared to when they started relaxing and enjoying kingdom life and pleasing the king!
But Quran alone doesn't constitute Islam...there is something else called hadees too..do you want me to paste here the hadees which forbid the questioning ?you have power in your hand..you may ban me if I present the facts.. .
Let's leave it here because neither of us can change each others opinion..for you believing in god and a so called god sent book gives a lot of comfort and solace...you try to defend your argument ,no matter how many facts I put forward..because once you leave the clutchesnof god and religion ,you are frightened ,you no longer will have the peace and happiness you enjoyed until now...ok to you ,your religion and to me mine(agnosticism) ..lakum deenukum was liya deen

Darood bhaijan
darood1.jpg

True.

It is best to not question or doubt.

He knows best. Peace.

Pakistan should now walk the talk and abolish the Anglo Saxon laws, stop wasting millions on non Islamic places of worship etc.

lakum deenukum was liya deen
Don't fly it everywhere. Ain't applicable always. There's context. Keep it respectful or leave.

At the end of bhagavadgita ,after preaching his philosophy, Krishna says to Arjuna " I have taught what I could and what I wanted...contemplate over my teachings and do what you feel is right'
The great Buddha said'never believe anything simply because it was being told by figures of authority..think yourself and only of it agrees with your reason,believe it.

That is the basic difference between Indian philosophy and abrahamic religions..Indian philosophy encourages free thinking whereas abarhamic religions intimidate you with hell to forbid you from seeking rationale and from questioning.
As I said earlier we are not discouraged from pondering...
Islam actually encourages pondering...Let me give you an example:
Lets take a wooden pencil as an example...You can think what it is made of and so on....But the min you start doubting the existence of trees even when the wooden pencil is in your hands....THERE lies a problem! The problem isnt pondering about the making of the pencil but doubt that trees exist from which the pencil you hold is made. Islam doesnt stop you from pondering...It cautions you about doubt!

We are told to do good...how can one do good without thinking? We are also told to always "choose good"...If we didnt have free will we wouldnt be able to "choose"...right?

Qur’an itself demands that every human being should ponder over its meanings.

the words used are, “Do they not, then, ponder…” and not “Do they not, then, recite…”

2ndly, nothing is free on this planet......free speech isnt free, it comes with responsibility! So being proud of extra responsibility isnt really matured thinking...Just my opinion!

You see Arjun in your example is not god....nor did he carry god's words....He isnt Krishna.

This is words of wise not of a prophet. Even the Chinese take it as "words of the wise not a prophet".

abarhamic religions intimidate you with hell to forbid you from seeking rationale and from questioning.
Kindly prove this assumption!

Indian philosophy and abrahamic religions
You are comparing apples and oranges : religion vs philosophy!

But Quran alone doesn't constitute Islam...there is something else called hadees too..do you want me to paste here the hadees which forbid the questioning ?you have power in your hand..you may ban me if I present the facts.. .
No, but Quran is highest authority no authority or hadith comes above it. Even the compilers of Hadith made it a point to write that if any Hadith they "compiled" went against the Quran then it should be thrown out and the verse of the Quran should be taken. (most of the hadith were gathered and compiled without sophisticated cross referencing skills/ technology- just based on basic human memory and the reciters character based on what people of that time thought of him and many a times the collector had to travel and didnt have time to reverify the character and so on)..

So any "hadith" you throw here, if it contradicts the Quran then it serves no purpose!

for you believing in god and a so called god sent book gives a lot of comfort and solace...you try to defend your argument ,no matter how many facts I put forward..
Not that you have put any but sure whatever rows your boat!

because once you leave the clutchesnof god and religion ,you are frightened ,you no longer will have the peace and happiness you enjoyed until now...ok to you ,your religion and to me mine(agnosticism) ..lakum deenukum was liya deen
I will count this as trolling....I can clearly see you live off assumptions and whatnot...Carry on "if it gives you solace"! But dont you troll here!

Asking questions is very different from assuming and throwing cheap remarks ....VERY DIFFERENT!

When you can't see doesn't mean you must believe without thinking.
Belief on unseen should always be based on convincing logic and scientific evidence.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom