What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Very cool video of the Gowind radar tower installation, Froggie. When you think of the degree of difficulty to pick that radar tower up with 2 separate cranes and probably 2 separate operators and be in sync and keep it level and not tilt it to one side enough to drop it, let alone even tilt it a little is really a testament to how well those guys are at operating those cranes perfectly. That was very impressive to see because typically you would see something like that done with a single crane, not 2. BTW, what was your username on that old, defunct forum? I'm trying to figure out who is who lol. :D

Cu_mXQMXEAA7sss.jpg

CwMvsbMWIAQmpCD.jpg

CwMbF6sWcAASM65.jpg

CwLImjzXEAA9ePZ.jpg

Cool pics, thanks, Zarvan! Always double clipped in almost all the pics, even the tourist policeman. You don't see that with too many armies or even police forces. You would hope that they wouldn't need to spray so many bullets so quickly!

Very cool video of the Gowind radar tower installation, Froggie. When you think of the degree of difficulty to pick that radar tower up with 2 separate cranes and probably 2 separate operators and be in sync and keep it level and not tilt it to one side enough to drop it, let alone even tilt it a little is really a testament to how well those guys are at operating those cranes perfectly. That was very impressive to see because typically you would see something like that done with a single crane, not 2. BTW, what was your username on that old, defunct forum? I'm trying to figure out who is who lol. :D

Cool pics, thanks, Zarvan! Always double clipped in almost all the pics, even the tourist policeman. You don't see that with too many armies or even police forces. You would hope that they wouldn't need to spray so many bullets so quickly!
I am taking these pictures from a twitter account of Egyptian brother who I am following. He has some really cool pictures and post everyday

Anti terrorism operations sinai
27th October
1st November
3rd November
6th November
9th November
MRAP sinai
14980674_1532901876727294_6800005083861605926_n.jpg.7f2abc583960508bca912ec37d95d2e5.jpg

The New fahad
14718661_1790231491256060_5282360046401492715_n.jpg.56b5abffbe83e292e4fd5913e5751705.jpg

The last two pics are taken from another forum.

BTW, what was your username on that old, defunct forum? I'm trying to figure out who is who lol.

I've always been Froggie. Not really sure why because I've always been pants in the water, infantry is good enough for me. Should probably change my username to Grunt or Dof3a.

I've always been Froggie. Not really sure why because I've always been pants in the water, infantry is good enough for me. Should probably change my username to Grunt or Dof3a.

Dof3a would suit you

No, IDF had a guy from the US named Frogman who would participate a lot in the EAF thread because he enjoyed building models of Egyptian MiGs and show them. He would post some rare photos too until someone used them and put their own watermark on them, then he got really upset lol and deleted a lot of them. I forget the guy from Egypt who took the pics and it was harmless and put 73 Historians on them but that's who I thought you were. :D

Dof3a would suit you

Rooh el3ab kata be3eed 3an hena yala :bunny:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Egyptian Air Force F-16C in Greece.

Egypt has deployed 4 F-16 fighters for joint exercise with the Hellenic Air Force Tactical Weapons School and to conduct joint combat air patrols over the Agean.

The Egyptian F-16s are from the 272nd Multirole Tactical Fighter Wing's 77th "Fighting Bats" Tactical Fighter Squadron based in Jiyanklis.

272.jpg
77.jpg
F163.jpg
F164.jpg
F165.jpg

No, IDF had a guy from the US named Frogman who would participate a lot in the EAF thread because he enjoyed building models of Egyptian MiGs and show them. He would post some rare photos too until someone used them and put their own watermark on them, then he got really upset lol and deleted a lot of them. I forget the guy from Egypt who took the pics and it was harmless and put 73 Historians on them but that's who I thought you were. :D

I'm the guy who always used to argue with Vane. Had a nuclear bomb doing the peace sign as my display picture.

Rooh el3ab kata be3eed 3an hena yala :bunny:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Egypt has deployed 4 F-16 fighters for joint exercise with the Hellenic Air Force Tactical Weapons School and to conduct joint combat air patrols over the Agean.

The Egyptian F-16s are from the 272nd Multirole Tactical Fighter Wing's 77th "Fighting Bats" Tactical Fighter Squadron based in Jiyanklis.

View attachment 350702 View attachment 350705 View attachment 350706 View attachment 350707 View attachment 350708

I'm the guy who always used to argue with Vane. Had a nuclear bomb doing the peace sign as my display picture.

Do you think Egypt will get more Military aid and access to better weapons now that Sissi is in a good position with Trump?

Do you think Egypt will get more Military aid and access to better weapons now that Sissi is in a good position with Trump?

Unsure. There may be a rise in line with inflation and the Israeli bump. I would guess Trump and the US are still comitted to providing the Israelis a qualatative and quantative edge in order to maintain the balance of power.

Hopefully the US does release some crucial kit though.

I'm curious why you said "Sissi is in a good position with Trump?" I haven't heard or seen anything that suggests that (and I'm not arguing your point at all, BTW, :)) just wondering why you think that because everything I've seen and heard leads to the opposite as far as listening to that guy throughout the entire campaign - stopping Muslims from entering the country until there is a way to make sure they are not a threat - he ran that concept the entire time and Hillary was completely against that. Any US president that gets elected will always favor Israel because of AIPAC and never give Egypt anything that comes close to what Israel would get. It's been that way since 1980 or whenever. I'm not even sure what he will do with US/Saudi relations and the oil that comes out of there to the US. Not just that, but this guy wants to end the US paying other countries for any kind of help or aid. He wants NATO to put in their share, South Korea and Japan to get nukes and defend themselves against North Korea and wants to cut the US foreign aid budget as much as he can. So that's why I was wondering where you heard about a Sissi-Trump good relations. This guy is the complete opposite of wanting to help any country (except Israel and maybe Russia) but especially any Arab/Muslim country even if it's fighting terrorism itself.

f164-jpg.350707

Great pics. Love how well maintained the EAF F-16s are. BTW, those smoked, bubble canopies are so cool looking and a lot of people used to think that they are anti-glare, when in fact they're more so for radar absorbent/deflect.

I miss Vane lol. He was one funny goofball. I don't remember who you were bro. Maybe send me a PM with the old username if you don't want to post it. I'm very curious. :D

I'm curious why you said "Sissi is in a good position with Trump?" I haven't heard or seen anything that suggests that (and I'm not arguing your point at all, BTW, :)) just wondering why you think that because everything I've seen and heard leads to the opposite as far as listening to that guy throughout the entire campaign - stopping Muslims from entering the country until there is a way to make sure they are not a threat - he ran that concept the entire time and Hillary was completely against that. Any US president that gets elected will always favor Israel because of AIPAC and never give Egypt anything that comes close to what Israel would get. It's been that way since 1980 or whenever. I'm not even sure what he will do with US/Saudi relations and the oil that comes out of there to the US. Not just that, but this guy wants to end the US paying other countries for any kind of help or aid. He wants NATO to put in their share, South Korea and Japan to get nukes and defend themselves against North Korea and wants to cut the US foreign aid budget as much as he can. So that's why I was wondering where you heard about a Sissi-Trump good relations. This guy is the complete opposite of wanting to help any country (except Israel and maybe Russia) but especially any Arab/Muslim country even if it's fighting terrorism itself.

Sissi actually praised Trump before he won the election.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/egypt-president-sisi-trump-228451

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/us/egyptian-president-abdel-fattah-el-sisi-erin-burnett-outfront-cnn/

"Mr. Trump expressed to President el-Sisi his strong support for Egypt’s war on terrorism, and how under a Trump Administration, the United States of America will be a loyal friend, not simply an ally, that Egypt can count on in the days and years ahead,"

Taken from - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...man-what-happened-next-will-not-surprise-you/

I don't like Trump but who knows what we get out of it? Maybe some AIM-120s? Wishful thinking I know.

Love how well maintained the EAF F-16s ar

I think we need more diversity in our aircraft. I feel like we need something more then the F-16.

Sissi actually praised Trump before he won the election.

"Mr. Trump expressed to President el-Sisi his strong support for Egypt’s war on terrorism, and how under a Trump Administration, the United States of America will be a loyal friend, not simply an ally, that Egypt can count on in the days and years ahead,"

I don't like Trump but who knows what we get out of it? Maybe some AIM-120s? Wishful thinking I know.

I think we need more diversity in our aircraft. I feel like we need something more then the F-16.

Very cool, thanks for posting that. I usually pass on most of Erin Burnett's stuff which explains why I might've missed that but thanks for posting it. That is very interesting and now that I think of it, praising dictators lol is a strong suit for Trump. Also, Hillary has been quite vocal against Egypt in the past with regards to Egypt trading or exposing US made weapons to China. Possibly letting them take a close look at a few F-16's I'm not sure what it was exactly. She was front and center about that and wasn't very happy and is/was actually a HUGE supporter of Israel, while Donald is also, I'm not sure he's as enthusiastic as she was. We'll see. Thanks again.

I think Sissi's move to get all those Rafales and the BVR missiles with them was nothing short of brilliant! That might put some pressure on the US to start offering the AIM-120 but I seriously doubt it. Israel will jump up and down and stand on its head in protest and they'll get their way again, even with good relations although the F-35 going to Israel (and not really in huge numbers,) maybe the AIM-9X or the door opens for the upgrade to the AIM-120 but Congress has more of a saying about that than the president. But IMO with the Rafales, and possibly more in the future, the F-16's can stay relegated to their present role for now.

Great pics. Love how well maintained the EAF F-16s are. BTW, those smoked, bubble canopies are so cool looking and a lot of people used to think that they are anti-glare,

Someone just needs to get rid of the garish orange markings and Tahya Masr and we would be set :hitwall:

a lot of people used to think that they are anti-glare, when in fact they're more so for radar absorbent/deflect.

How does that work?

I miss Vane lol. He was one funny goofball. I don't remember who you were bro. Maybe send me a PM with the old username if you don't want to post it. I'm very curious.

You hurt my feelings :(:p:

There was Froggy IIRC from the US who was ex-USNAF? and then there was Frogman. I joined the forum post 2011 and stayed active till after the ouster of the Muslim Brotherhood when Vane rage quit the forum. Haven't seen him about since.

I tried to search for the forum but came up with nothing. Is it not archived or anything?

Hillary has been quite vocal against Egypt in the past with regards to Egypt trading or exposing US made weapons to China. Possibly letting them take a close look at a few F-16's I'm not sure what it was exactly. She was front and center about that and wasn't very happy and is/was actually a HUGE supporter of Israel, while Donald is also, I'm not sure he's as enthusiastic as she was. We'll see. Thanks again.

Egypt has racked up the most third party infractions of any US ally. The details are scarce though. The last article I read cited anonymous sources claiming we showed a Chinese delegation around a -16 AFB and possibly tested Paveway munitions against some sort of counter measure equipment they developed for ground units.

Hillary would have been all sorts of bad news for Egypt and the region. At least there's a guy in the White House who can actually have an amicable relationship with Elsisi. Obama was not good for business.

I'm sorry bro, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings! :D Ma3lesh 03zorni menfadlak. :) Vondayaz!!! That's who I thought you were! But now I think I'm wrong with that LOL! Yes, Frogman was from the US, not Froggie that's also why I'm a bit confused. That forum went completely dead because the new owner was a tyrant and just banned people because he felt like it and made that complete bufoon Indian Guy a moderator who fought with everyone and was a complete waste of time that people just stopped posting for a long while until he probably took the loss on it and shut it down. There's no trace of it at all.

Not sure how the smoky canopy works for radar absorbent or deflection, but if you remember Chogy on that forum, the ex F-15 pilot? He was the one who first told us about that.

I'm with you on all the other points 100%. :)

Footage from Ex Aqaba 2016 with Jordan

maybe the AIM-9X or the door opens for the upgrade to the AIM-120 but Congress has more of a saying about that than the president. But IMO with the Rafales, and possibly more in the future, the F-16's can stay relegated to their present role for now.

The Chief of the EAF recently said they're looking to upgrade the -16s to its latest iteration (the Viper or something similar) and that would also include new armament.

To be honest I would be happy if only the AIM-9X was released. That in combination with an IRST and JCHMS would give anything in the air a run for its money.

I'm sorry bro, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings! :D Ma3lesh 03zorni menfadlak. :) Vondayaz!!! That's who I thought you were! But now I think I'm wrong with that LOL! Yes, Frogman was from the US, not Froggie that's also why I'm a bit confused. That forum went completely dead because the new owner was a tyrant and just banned people because he felt like it and made that complete bufoon Indian Guy a moderator who fought with everyone and was a complete waste of time that people just stopped posting for a long while until he probably took the loss on it and shut it down. There's no trace of it at all.

Not sure how the smoky canopy works for radar absorbent or deflection, but if you remember Chogy on that forum, the ex F-15 pilot? He was the one who first told us about that.

I'm with you on all the other points 100%. :)

Mafhash haga ya rayes :-) Are you sure Frogman was from the US because I always remember being a Brit, either I'm being ditsy or your old age is getting to you :bunny::p:

Yeah it was Chogy, he was also active on this forum but a very long time ago. Welcome to :pdf:the cesspool of the internet.

I think I witnessed the demise of IDF. New members couldn't sign up, Iranian members and mods were increasingly hostile and the admin as far as I can tell was either drunk or retarded half the time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom