What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

HMS Ocean has docked at the Ras Elteneen (Dragon's Head) Naval base in Alexandria ahead of joint drills with the Egyptian Navy

Ocean, the flagship of Her Majesty's Navy is currently on a 7 month deployment to the Middle East as part of the inaugural Joint Expeditionary Force (Maritime) (JEF(M)) Task Group.

OC1.jpg
OC2.jpg
OC3.jpg
OC4.jpg
OC5.jpg

Fenak men zaman yaragel wa7ashteny wallahi!

Still have some fond memories of the old forum but it was no real surprise that it died. Welcome to PDF ya pahsa :welcome::cheers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enta el wa7ashtini gedan!

Excellent pics and very happy to see the the Russians helping out and bringing their other helo carrier as well

Last edited:
Egyptian Armed Forces begin an extensive campaign to raid several northern and central regions of Sinai ..

14589880_916640835133566_7371958546550426070_o.jpg
14681943_916640965133553_4101018194917542238_o.jpg
14682137_916640841800232_8625345586089385967_o.jpg
14711374_916640831800233_5995205336622577717_o.jpg

Last edited:
That's what we need to do, MICA, send out a very large contingency of specifically designated military to cleanse that disease completely and in a very swift and hard manner with minimal casualties because you know those subhuman creatures will be hiding in populated areas. So it will be a very difficult operation and will take some time but it can't be done with one police post here and there and inexperienced police or even military squads that get killed, unfortunately like what happened a few days ago.

BTW, I love how Sissi's Blackhawk was aboard the Mistral as it went through the Suez Canal and I also like how it's accompanied by that Apache for protection. It's easy to miss it but it's there and that is the way it should be done along with other types of unseen protection.

Egyptian Air Force - Higher in the Sake of Glory - Arrows protecting the heart of the nation

https://defence.pk/attachments/eaf17-png.343754/

Really like this pic with the other Rafales turning away, perfect timing for the shot. Also like the small roundel on those very cool looking oxygen masks.
Glad we don't have to put those orange swaths on the non-US aircraft.
I also read the upgrade to the Viper status and hope there is something in there about the AIM-120 which has now been upgraded to AIM-135 but I believe those are reserved for the US stealth planes if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong but without the CISMOA signed, it's probably doubtful. I just think that even with the Rafales and the new MiGs, by the time the training is complete it would be nice to have some if not most of the Vipers capable of firing that missile.

Last edited:
Egyptian Armed Forces begin an extensive campaign to raid several northern and central regions of Sinai ..

The Egyptian Russian Bilateral Exercise (Protectors of Friendship 2016)

lol, awesome stuff. If you pause the 2nd video @ minute .32 you'll notice the Russians are dropping these combat vehicles (BMD-2) and armored carriers BTRD's with 10 large parachutes and another 7 or more smaller ones closer to the units. You can also see them coming out of the aircraft @ .37.

58026c4dc36188bd498b45c6.jpg

They also brought a few ATV's to play in the desert instead of snow all the time! :enjoy:

58025084c46188cf7d8b45e0.jpg

58026c5cc46188c2778b46bd.jpg

It would be nice to get a couple of those IL-76's for long range refueling missions. I believe their range is a bit greater than the C-130.

That's what we need to do, MICA, send out a very large contingency of specifically designated military to cleanse that disease completely and in a very swift and hard manner with minimal casualties because you know those subhuman creatures will be hiding in populated areas.

I'm afraid it's far more complicated than that due to systemic failures within the Armed Forces that span decades and the difficulty of the human terrain.

Apart from being woefully under equipped and under trained for this sort of operation there is a rather glaring mistake in strategy. Merely increasing the number or type of troops deployed will do little to 'solve' the problem.

The Armed Forces and Interior are still somehow convinced that traditional policing methods will eradicate the problem when it clearly doesn't work.

Static checkpoints are far too vulnerable with very little physical protection and a lack of firepower making them susceptible to SVBIEDs. They are often cut off from reinforcement by placing IEDs on route and so there's a over reliance on air power to repel attacks, by that time the position would have already been over run.

Another issue is a lack of light infantry. The entire Army being mechanised may have advantages in a conventional conflict but in the Sinai it falls flat on its face. APCs are stuck to patrolling the same routes (susceptible to IED) and are pretty crap for recce or fighting patrols in general let alone raids.

This brings me to my biggest frustration. A lack of structured sub company formations given freedom on a tactical level working out of forward operating bases with independent ISTAR assets. The Egyptian Army has always been top heavy but the lack of 'mission command' severely hampers our efforts.

I could honestly rant for ages about things as trivial as cam and concealment so I'm going to cut it short. When the US warned Tantawi that we should focus on COIN they were right but in our own pigheadedness we thought we were right as always, although hindsight is 20/20.

Glad we don't have to put those orange swaths on the non-US aircraft.

Bas kan lazem nehot 3aleha touch Masry so we put Tahy Misr on it in a large ugly white font :hitwall: makes it look like a toc toc

I also read the upgrade to the Viper status and hope there is something in there about the AIM-120 which has now been upgraded to AIM-135 but I believe those are reserved for the US stealth planes if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong but without the CISMOA signed, it's probably doubtful. I just think that even with the Rafales and the new MiGs, by the time the training is complete it would be nice to have some if not most of the Vipers capable of firing that missile.

The AIM-120D I believe is the new variant/designation for the F-35. I think I also read somewhere that they're contemplating integration of the MBDA Meteor.

lol, awesome stuff. If you pause the 2nd video @ minute .32 you'll notice the Russians are dropping these combat vehicles (BMD-2) and armored carriers BTRD's with 10 large parachutes and another 7 or more smaller ones closer to the units. You can also see them coming out of the aircraft @ .37

If we're seriously considering expeditionary warfare this would be a great capability. Here in the UK we look at the Russians with envy in this regard. They're the only people that can do it. :taz:

End of Protectors of Friendship 2016 Exercise ..

.1.jpg
.2.jpg
.3.jpg
.4.jpg
.5.jpg
.6.jpg
.7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom