What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

That's brilliant. Just wished you open doors to the Palestians and not be aggressive towards them as they are already suffering much loss in their own backyard and further to that awaits death.

The Chief of the EAF recently said they're looking to upgrade the -16s to its latest iteration (the Viper or something similar) and that would also include new armament.

To be honest I would be happy if only the AIM-9X was released. That in combination with an IRST and JCHMS would give anything in the air a run for its money.

When I was quoting EgyptianAmerican, I forgot to mention the MiG-29m2 or 35 whichever it'll end up being and if it is the latter, then it could carry the R-77 but who knows if the Russians will supply those, considering their close relations with Israel. But if they do, then there's another BVR platform to compliment the MICA/Magics on the Rafales. Very nice. As far as the Viper upgrade, I'm not sure if that means an armament upgrade because I'm guessing that it involves IFF and other software that would compliment the older models and integrate them with the new Block 52's. You might be right, maybe some more precision ground munitions but I highly doubt any BVR missiles TBH. Just my opinion and I could be completely wrong with that.

Mafhash haga ya rayes :-) Are you sure Frogman was from the US because I always remember being a Brit, either I'm being ditsy or your old age is getting to you :bunny::p:

Hahaha, I definitely am getting old! :D

Yeah it was Chogy, he was also active on this forum but a very long time ago. Welcome to :pdf:the cesspool of the internet.

I think I witnessed the demise of IDF. New members couldn't sign up, Iranian members and mods were increasingly hostile and the admin as far as I can tell was either drunk or retarded half the time.

"Cesspool?" LOL! So far I've really enjoyed this place. Too much Indian/Pakistani stuff for my taste but the forum is pretty diverse and I'm here mostly because of this thread and Middle East affairs. You guys are really up on the latest things happening in Egypt so it's great. Keep up the great work!

That's brilliant. Just wished you open doors to the Palestians and not be aggressive towards them as they are already suffering much loss in their own backyard and further to that awaits death.

Palestine is a very sensitive issue to say the least, even if we did offer our land for them to settle in they would most likely decline. Palestinians love their homeland and I don't think they want to give up one more inch.

Egypt has had to conform to Israeli demands since we are in a very risky situation. Egypt has a failing economy,Politcal instability, Terrorism in Sinai, Libya, Ethiopia and so on. Egypt simply cannot take in millions of Palestinians in some of our most dangerous times.

Egyptians sympathize with the Palestinian cause, we really do especially since we lost 20,000 men fighting against Israel and they are our brothers but we need to take care of our own even if it means the Palestinians suffer.

Last edited:
When I was quoting EgyptianAmerican, I forgot to mention the MiG-29m2 or 35 whichever it'll end up being and if it is the latter, then it could carry the R-77 but who knows if the Russians will supply those, considering their close relations with Israel. But if they do, then there's another BVR platform to compliment the MICA/Magics on the Rafales. Very nice. As far as the Viper upgrade, I'm not sure if that means an armament upgrade because I'm guessing that it involves IFF and other software that would compliment the older models and integrate them with the new Block 52's. You might be right, maybe some more precision ground munitions but I highly doubt any BVR missiles TBH. Just my opinion and I could be completely wrong with that.

upgrading our F-16's without getting AMRAAM's and 9X would be dumb as f*ck IMO

upgrading our F-16's without getting AMRAAM's and 9X would be dumb as f*ck IMO

If it improves them in any way, especially with the new SABR AESA radar and some of the other items in the list, I think it would be fine TBH. Any improvements are better than none. I just personally don't think that they will include any BVR missiles that they've been holding out on forever. That's just my opinion, MICA, bro. Look how far the neighbors went to prevent 12 F-15's from being acquired a while ago. And they have always left the EAF with the SPARROW only which, of course is not in the class of the AIM-120.

BTW, there is nothing in any of those links that mentions Egypt actually receiving this V upgrade. If you go back to the page (I think it was 190,) the Popular Mechanics link only mentions Taiwan getting it because of their issues with China and the UPI link shows a pic of an EAF F-16 at the bottom of the page but no mention of Egypt actually being part of this upgrade, only that it is available for the F-16 fleets around the world and that Lockheed Martin has been "the systems integrator of 11 countries and has successfully returned more than 1000 aircraft to operational status." Still, nothing specifically about EGY getting this upgrade.

Any other source that mentions it would be great to see. It also mentions the SNIPER advanced targeting pod which IIRC the EAF already has. I'd love to see actual mentioning of who is receiving this upgrade but the fellow who posted it (no offense) I believe, just assumed Egypt was getting this upgrade. I only understood that it is "available" for F-16 customers in 28 countries. Was there something I missed?

Palestine is a very sensitive issue to say the least, even if we did offer our land for them to settle in they would most likely decline. Palestinians love their homeland and I don't think they want to give up one more inch.

Egypt has had to conform to Israeli demands since we are in a very risky situation. Egypt has a failing economy,Politcal instability, Terrorism in Sinai, Libya, Ethiopia and so on. Egypt simply cannot take in millions of Palestinians in some of our most dangerous times.

Egyptians sympathize with the Palestinian cause, we really do especially since we lost 20,000 men fighting against Israel and they are our brothers but we need to take care of our own even if it means the Palestinians suffer.

Great post and answer to a question that gets frequently thrown at us for different reasons, but most of them are to be critical and to paint us with a certain color of negativity. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is and your post is the best way to handle that.

Another thing would be an influx of Palestinians into the Sinai or Egypt in general would be a great risk for the fight against the extremism that is in there because there would be no way to stop certain individuals coming from anywhere, pretending to be refugees and their agenda is actually terrorism which would make matters so much worst for Egypt.

http://www.janes.com/article/61565/egypt-to-slep-f-16-engines

Janes here was pretty much here talking about "V" upgrade , however this doesn't mean that we will get the "V" upgrade 100% , maybe it was just a chit chat

Thanks. I remember that SLEP for actually a small amount of engine only upgrades to the point where the EAF had to request an additional order to upgrade at least 156 engines. It does mention that it could lead to other improvements but nothing specific about the V upgrade, unfortunately.

"Although the SLEP contract is related to a relatively small number of engines in this instance, it is likely that follow-on contracts will be awarded at later dates. It is also likely that at least a number of the Egyptian Air Force's approximately 210 F-16A-D platforms will receive additional upgrades under a wider SLEP effort to sustain them in service through to beyond 2020. Such enhancements might include an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, a digital 'glass' cockpit, upgraded defensive aids, datalink enhancements, and the like."

Yeah, AESA radars would be nice and the 'digital cockpits' sound great! Upgraded defensive aids and data link enhancements also fantastic. Hope it happens. I think that's about as close as it gets.

A lot has been happening with the armed forces, the biggest thing to me is the Rafales but the most intriguing is the Mistrals! :)

If it improves them in any way, especially with the new SABR AESA radar and some of the other items in the list, I think it would be fine TBH. Any improvements are better than none. I just personally don't think that they will include any BVR missiles that they've been holding out on forever. That's just my opinion, MICA, bro. Look how far the neighbors went to prevent 12 F-15's from being acquired a while ago. And they have always left the EAF with the SPARROW only which, of course is not in the class of the AIM-120.

BTW, there is nothing in any of those links that mentions Egypt actually receiving this V upgrade. If you go back to the page (I think it was 190,) the Popular Mechanics link only mentions Taiwan getting it because of their issues with China and the UPI link shows a pic of an EAF F-16 at the bottom of the page but no mention of Egypt actually being part of this upgrade, only that it is available for the F-16 fleets around the world and that Lockheed Martin has been "the systems integrator of 11 countries and has successfully returned more than 1000 aircraft to operational status." Still, nothing specifically about EGY getting this upgrade.

Any other source that mentions it would be great to see. It also mentions the SNIPER advanced targeting pod which IIRC the EAF already has. I'd love to see actual mentioning of who is receiving this upgrade but the fellow who posted it (no offense) I believe, just assumed Egypt was getting this upgrade. I only understood that it is "available" for F-16 customers in 28 countries. Was there something I missed?
The Egyptian Air chief marshal mentioned the V upgrade and the weapons that come with it in his last speech at the air academy..

Do you think Egypt will get more Military aid and access to better weapons now that Sissi is in a good position with Trump?
Yes it was mentioned by Trump advisor on the middle east and foreign affairs..

Last edited:
Screen 1.png

Screen 2.png

screen 3.png

screen 4.png

screen 5.png

screen 6.png

screen 7.png

Thx. Hopefully it will happen and that I'm wrong with my skepticism. :-)
One of Trump advisors said tha Donald Trump wants to help Egypt Financially and militarily, he want to increase US help to Egypt and encourage American investments there..Further, Egypt is his first destination in the Middle East.. May 2017..

Last edited:
One of Trump advisors said ha Donald Trump wants to help Egypt Financially and militarily, he want to increase US help to Egypt and encourage American investments there..Further, Egypt is his first destination in the Middle East.. May 2017..

It was Obama's also, if you remember at Cairo University. Investing in Egypt would be great but when it comes to weapon's approvals, that goes through Congress and AIPAC unfortunately has a lot of influence. We shall see. Honestly I hope it ends up being true and let's hope Trump helps Egypt get back on its feet economically but without free aid as that will come with some serious conditions with a business man like that. Sissi will have to sharpen his dealing skills.

It was Obama's also, if you remember at Cairo University. Investing in Egypt would be great but when it comes to weapon's approvals, that goes through Congress and AIPAC unfortunately has a lot of influence. We shall see. Honestly I hope it ends up being true and let's hope Trump helps Egypt get back on its feet economically but without free aid as that will come with some serious conditions with a business man like that. Sissi will have to sharpen his dealing skills.
Apparently Trump wants to keep the aid and increase it.. and no one really knows what will happen this time, since both the house of rep , and congress are Republicans as well as the white house, So either AIPAC will have more influence or it might have less..This will need some analysis on its own..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom