What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I was debating with few Egyptians on twitter I found that Egypt has around 220 F-16 to upgrade and 200 other Jets which have to be retired soon and 100 MIG-35 and Rafale combined are not enough as replacement. Therefore they need other Jet and they think JF-17 BLOCK III can be best option because not only they can get it with TOT and the weapons package of their choice but also the BLOCK III will have latest AESA radar and other latest equipment.

Ex Aqaba 2016 in Jordan

AQ1.jpg
AQ1.png
AQ2.png
AQ3.png
AQ4.png
AQ5.png
AQ6.png
AQ7.png

I was debating with few Egyptians on twitter I found that Egypt has around 220 F-16 to upgrade and 200 other Jets which have to be retired soon and 100 MIG-35 and Rafale combined are not enough as replacement. Therefore they need other Jet and they think JF-17 BLOCK III can be best option because not only they can get it with TOT and the weapons package of their choice but also the BLOCK III will have latest AESA radar and other latest equipment.
According to what we see there is no talks about the jf 17 , we are getting the mig 35 , More Rafale maybe , maybe upgrading f-16 to "V" standards

According to what we see there is no talks about the jf 17 , we are getting the mig 35 , More Rafale maybe , maybe upgrading f-16 to "V" standards

@Zarvan

There's very little need for a 400+ fighter Air Force with the arrival of new multi or even omni role fighters. Plus, capability gaps such as MPA, MRTT, and strat lift should be filled before any new types are introduced in my opinion.

Several fighter types with very little interchangability (even amongst blocks) is both logistically and financially diffiuclt to manage over a life time.

Great pic, Froggie. First time I've ever seen that ordinance on a EAF F-16! Nice work. :tup:

Ok, fill me in what's the inside joke? :)

Elbasha told me this was the first time he has seen them on Egyptian -16s as well. I told him he was wrong bas nashef demagho. Now I'm about to prove myself right. Bismallah...

Footage from 2012 showing the F-4 Phantom dropping Paveways (50s mark) and then the -16 dropping them (2:10)

More recent snaps. There's a couple more but I'm not bothered trualing for that.

GBU1.jpg
GBU2.jpg
gbu2.png

Fata7o 3eneko shwaya ya regala 3eeb keda wallahi :D

Elbasha told me this was the first time he has seen them on Egyptian -16s as well. I told him he was wrong bas nashef demagho. Now I'm about to prove myself right. Bismallah...

Footage from 2012 showing the F-4 Phantom dropping Paveways (50s mark) and then the -16 dropping them (2:10)

More recent snaps. There's a couple more but I'm not bothered trualing for that.

View attachment 352220 View attachment 352221 View attachment 352222

what a shame , because i know these shots Lol , but i am old you know and i got Alzheimer

Hahaha, helwa awi! I just don't see the FB pages because I'm not on it and I don't follow a lot of those sites, or many of the videos so it was a nice surprise and the other pics you just posted are fantastic.
Don't forget, it's only been recent that all these pics have been allowed. You remember the days where all we had were 10 pics LOL! I'm glad they're allowing more showing. A7san kedah 3an el khof we mesh 3azeen 7ad y'shoof 7aga. That mentality was bad IMO. Some stuff of course you don't let out but if it's a known package why not?

lol, I actually have seen this one before. It's nice to see it mounted, though.

gbu2-jpg.352221

You know, Zarvan, they've been talking about the JF-17 in Egypt since before you folks had it operational! The rumors were abound and when was that, 10 years ago or something like that? We were thinking they might just go straight to China and licence build the FC-1 or it could be a cooperation licence build of the JF-17 but it never materialized or it could've just been a rumor and then came the revolution. Now Rafales, MiG-29M/M2 or 35, possibly V-upgrade like the boys are saying and the S-300V (I believe) along with the Tor Buk M-1-2 and a very dedicated air defense system that makes the need now for just enough aircraft that can perform high level missions and especially BVR ones since any potent adversary will be doing that as well. EW and jamming capabilities is a must at a very high level because you get jammed first or your electronic warfare isn't up to snuff to the enemy's and you're fighting like a blind duck. Data links and battlefield awareness along with IFF is probably the most important thing and we have what, 8 or 10 E-2C Hawkeys which the US Navy still uses effectively and we have the new satellite as well and I'm sure a few other things that every military keeps secret. So those would be the essentials. I personally think the JF-17 blck III would be a great addition to help in the replacement of the F-7's and it would be even better if it was a license-build agreement to make use of assembling in Egypt. The only problem is I think the boys are right that it probably won't happen because they're already getting a lot between the Rafales, MiGs, and KA-52'S. But anything is possible. Who thought Egypt would end up with a pair of Mistrals?!

Back
Top Bottom