What's new

EATING PAKISTANI FOOD FOR THE FIRST TIME ft. TEENS REACT CAST

Mom says that mace and nutmeg has to be in perfect balance and you only need a pinch of it or it will over dominate the taste. In some biryanis and qorma, its a must.
We don't use artificial food colors but pure kashmiri zafraan which you have to soak in lukewarm milk with a pinch of sugar. Sugar extracts the color is your zafraan is of pure quality.
Aunty ji buys zafran from karachi?

This thread is going to follow the predictable root. Indians all are going to become full on meat, chicken munching zealots and all meat dishes are going to be called "Indian". When majority of Indians look at meat as I do dog poo. This struck me last week when talking to a Sikh guy in a Sikh restaurent. "Jabi" (Sabzi) is the staple even amongst the Punji Sikhs.

However I will say that anything that originated from India cannot be branded as Pakistani. Hyderabadi Biryani or Biryani genrerally has to be credited to Indians. Pulao on the other hand - particularly with chunks of meat in it is Pakistani as 'Pak'.

These foods in sub continent were results of experiments done in mughals and other rulers , nawabs kitchens, some parts ruled were in pakistan and some in india, but even collectively looking many of these rulers were foreigners , so i dont see the point in indians laying claim on foods as their own.
Lets look at shami kebab, which is basically patties made of crushed chana lentil and minced meat , a dish that came from Sham , sham is arab name for syria. Shami kebab is one of the most best selling foods in pakistan,

We get it pure from Kashmir through relatives.
Wow thats cool.

My indian aunt does best currhi pakoras . Unki ammiyan unkay liey best hain hamari hamaray leeay

I'm sorry bro, but my mom makes the best karhi in the world, and I don't even like karhi. :lol:

how low can you stoop? You have now started comparing moms?

Everyone's mom cook the best food for their children irrespective of which country they belong to.

Little Indian lady, please visit Pakistan with your family on a food visa. :lol:

Whether it's Pakistani or Indian, beyond you South Asians the rest of us don't really care. To us it's just good food.

Frankly I love South Asian cuisine. It adds some spice to an otherwise bland Norwegian diet.

village-tandoori.jpg

lahori-dera-tandoori.jpg

43726310d1bc3d7a5067f7bd0a743736_640x478.jpg
Pakistani resturants.

I'm sorry bro, but my mom makes the best karhi in the world, and I don't even like karhi. :lol:
Yaar thanks you reminded me karhis spellings mujhay samajh nahi araha tha usko spell kaisay karoon :lol: i am karhi hater too btw. Lekin sirf do aunties ki banai hui mujh say khai jatee hain , and un dono aunty kay bachay meri ammi ki cooked karhi pasand kartay hain.

Karahi comes in many varieties but the simple nomadic version is the best. It has a few spices, its easy to make and you can cook it anywhere :enjoy:

Karahi comes in many varieties but the simple nomadic version is the best. It has a few spices, its easy to make and you can cook it anywhere :enjoy:
As your mom is into jaifal javetri , one of my aunts made a simple chicken recipe using three spices which included these two, it was heavenly food, iwill ask my mom to give me the recipe to share with you , then ask your mother to cook and tell me how it turns out,

This thread is going to follow the predictable root. Indians all are going to become full on meat, chicken munching zealots and all meat dishes are going to be called "Indian". When majority of Indians look at meat as I do dog poo. This struck me last week when talking to a Sikh guy in a Sikh restaurent. "Jabi" (Sabzi) is the staple even amongst the Punji Sikhs.

However I will say that anything that originated from India cannot be branded as Pakistani. Hyderabadi Biryani or Biryani genrerally has to be credited to Indians. Pulao on the other hand - particularly with chunks of meat in it is Pakistani as 'Pak'.
In Pakistan among all ethnicities serving only vegetarian dishes is considered rude meat dishes are a must at every major event :D

Well actually biryani itself has an interesting history outside of Sindh palao is more common among the masses but i am a member of team biryani :D
It's the only food I can eat more than 100 pieces .
Butt to nahi ho ? :D
We invited Some of our turkish friends for dinner and they can't stop praising shaami kebaabs.
Well Chini students in Islamabad are really into ganay ka rus :D

I agreed with everything you said, but biriyani is not an Indian dish. It came from Iran, but they have added their touch to it. The most Indians can claim as their own exclusively, is pav bhaji. Even daal, we make better than them. Ask an Indian what is paave ka salan or halwa/halwa puri, and they won't know. But as soon as I'm done typing this, they will google it and claim it's Indian. :lol:

Has any foreigner or turkish tried shaami kebaabs , they're so yummy .
It's the only food I can eat more than 100 pieces .
We invited Some of our turkish friends for dinner and they can't stop praising shaami kebaabs.

Chup kar moti.

I feel like biriyani is a very novelty item when you're a kid. My mom makes an awesome yakhni pulao with tikka botis and hari mirich/podina ki chutni or raita, and it's to die for. With biriyani, every bite you take there's like 5 pieces of spice that you have to filter and spit out, unless you are an absolute monster. :lol:
I like chinese more.. manchurian + fried rice.. and some bbq.... love fish bbc/tika.. lamb chops /roash,Sajji and soft beef kebabs...

Back
Top Bottom