What's new

EATING PAKISTANI FOOD FOR THE FIRST TIME ft. TEENS REACT CAST

Plums are added in most biryanis Sir.

00mpa-loompa-dooppity-do-pvegota-perfect-gulag-for-you-~genger-1632404.png

Aap packet ki biryani khte ho jis me kooda kachra hota hai. :lol:
My mom and sis make best biryani, all the whole spices are removed before serving except for the green cardamom. Donno why they keep it in. I hate it.

I only had good biriyani in my younger years in Bahwalpur from a man that claimed it was Hyderabadi and was very spicy. He use to give us the raita in a shopper/plastic bag and oh man was it good. But that guy moved away, and ever since I never had a good experience with biriyani. Indians are always talking all this stuff about hyderabadi biriyani, and when I had some here in US, it wasn't very good at all. It seemed like it had a smoked after taste and the rice wasn't very tasty. For all the shit Indians say about their Hyderabadi biriyani, I gotta say it ain't shit. #notimpressed

I really like pulao too but biryani is something else.

Anything worth attaining requires effort, if you can't deal with the elaichi and daarcheeni in the biryani then you are not fit for biryani. You are weak and must be culled.

nazi-cat.jpg

Don't ban me for hating elaichi. :undecided:

I really like pulao too but biryani is something else.

Anything worth attaining requires effort, if you can't deal with the elaichi and daarcheeni in the biryani then you are not fit for biryani. You are weak and must be culled.

nazi-cat.jpg

To each his own, I guess. :lol:

Don't ban me for hating elaichi. :undecided:

I hate it too but I bear with it because it is Biryani's test of your faith. You accept it in good faith, spit it on and continue chowing down into the plate full of delectable goodness that has graced your miserly existence.

P.S: I am very passionate about biryani. As is evident.

To each his own, I guess. :lol:

No own for you.

59414274.jpg

It is hard to get Hyderabad biryani in UK...most biryani in UK is Sindhi. Though I feel Hyderabad biryani is taster and richer than Sindhi

I hate it too but I bear with it because it is Biryani's test of your faith. You accept it in good faith, spit it on and continue chowing down into the plate full of delectable goodness that has graced your miserly existence.

P.S: I am very passionate about biryani. As is evident.

No own for you.

59414274.jpg

Man you get a good yakhni pulao, then put thick gravy from karhai gosht and raita on top, and OMG!!!!!!!! That is the true definition of life. :D:agree::enjoy:

It is hard to get Hyderabad biryani in UK...most biryani in UK is Sindhi. Though I feel Hyderabad biryani is taster and richer than Sindhi

For Once I Agree With You

I only had good iriyani in my younger years in Bahwalpur from a man that claimed it was Hyderabadi and was very spicy. He use to give us the raita in a shopper and oh man was it good. But that guy moved away, and every since I never had a good experience with biriyani. Indians are always talking all this stuff about hyderabadi biriyani, and when I had some here it wasn't very good at all. It seemed like it had a smoked after taste and the rice wasn't very delicious. For all the shit Indians say about their Hyderabadi biriyani, I gotta say it ain't shit.

For Indians, Hyderabad biryani is top notch, creme de la creme and it stops there.
In Pakistan it begins with Hyderabadi biryani and ends in Karachi, the rightful capital of biryanis.
Theres nothing like Student Biryani anywhere in the subcontinent. Sindhi biryani is another unique taste you will never forget. And of course there's this Bohri Biryani, my personal favorite. :smitten:
This particular recipe is a gift from the memon community in Karachi.

For Indians, Hyderabad biryani is top notch, creme de la creme and it stops there.
In Pakistan it begins with Hyderabadi biryani and ends in Karachi, the rightful capital of biryanis.
Theres nothing like Student Biryani anywhere in the subcontinent. Sindhi biryani is another unique taste you will never forget. And of course there's this Bohri Biryani, my personal favorite. :smitten:

I've had both Bohri and Sindhi. I like Sindhi Biriyani, because it is somewhat simple and also I love potatoes.

I've never had the good fortune of ever trying a genuine Hyderabad, Karachi made biryani. That is a pilgrimage I must perform at least once in my lifetime.

As per history Biryani came from Persia to India during Mughals , some claims It was known to Indian before Mughals too.... so its neither Pakistani nor Indian dish :D :D :D :D

History of Biryani
Biryani originated in Persia and might have taken couple of different routes to arrive in India

I want to acknowledge Vishy Shenoy for his critic to this article.
Biryani is derived from the Farsi word 'Birian'. Based on the name, and cooking style (Dum), one can conclude that the dish originated in Persia and/or Arabia. It could have come from Persia via Afghanistan to North India. It could have also been brought by the Arab traders via Arabian sea to Calicut. We know the history little better during 1800 to 1900. During Mogul empire, Lucknow was known as Awadh, giving rise to Awadhi Biryani. In 1856, British deposed Nawab Wajid Ali Shah in Calcutta, giving rise to Calcutta Biryani. Aurangzeb installed Nizam-ul-mulk as the Asfa Jahi ruler of Hyderabad, as well as a 'Nawab of Arcot' to oversee Aaru Kaadu region (Six Forrests) south of Hyderabad. These moves gave rise to Hyderabadi Biryani and Arcot Biryani. The Biryani spread to Mysore by Tipu Sultan of Carnatic. Needless to say it was a royal dish for Nawabs and Nizams. They hired vegetarian Hindus as bookkeepers leading to the development of Tahiri Biryani.

Besides the historical facts, the story gets little fuzzy with legends.

One legend has it that Timor, the lame brought it down from Kazakhstan via Afghanistan to Northern India. According to another legend, Mumtaz Mahal (the beauty who sleeps in Taj Mahal) concocted this dish as a "complete meal" to feed the army. Yet, some say the dish really originated in West Asia. The Nomads would burry an earthen pot full of meat, rice and spices in a pit, eventually the pot was dug up and there was the Biryani.

I don't want to leave this topic without mentioning at least the names of Turkish Pilaf, Iranian Biryani, Quaboli, Malaysian Biryani, Indonesian Biryani, Sindhi Biryani Idiyappam Biryani from Sri Lanka, and and Kashmiri Yakhni Biryani.

http://www.indiacurry.com/rice/r002backdropbiryani.htm

Similary tandoor was also came from central asia .......

Back
Top Bottom