What's new

Earthquakes and Geoengineering

maybe I'm absolutely wrong, who knows?

Maybe? Surely you are absolutely wrong. Anyone with half a brain can see that. But please don't stop. This is all very entertaining. :D

So what about these vox populi from the ambeints of microwave energy being researched by physics students on forbidden topics in the ionosphere leading to something impossible and daring is coming next?

@BHAN85

Prof. Xavier Le Pichon, considered by academic circles as one of the most important living earthquake scientists, responded to a question on the subject in a program he participated in turkish TV as follows (btw, the person sitting next to him is Prof. Celal Şengör, who is also highly respected in the international academic community, I give this anecdote to indicate that the open forum was conducted in an academic framework far from populist coffee talk rather than his views)

Question: Is it possible to trigger an earthquake by an external factor? Is it possible to start a fault rupture process in this way? Is this something possible?

Le Pichon: The forces in question are formidably high. You cannot unleash this power by human hands. But here's what can do: which we know how to do and we try to do, you can change the resistance of the fault line. There is a friction, and when the friction is blocked, the earthquake is prevented from occurring. The point is that you can reduce this resistance by injecting liquid with a special compound into the fault, and that's how an earthquake can happen. This can be done, we are already doing it. In many places, in the many country, for example, when we are exploring for shale gas, the liquid that we inject causes an earthquake, so we can break the rock. We are not creating the earthquake here, we are breaking the resistance of the existing fault line. 'Knock', and suddenly an earthquake occurs. So, we cannot create earthquakes in non-earthquake-prone area, but we can activate earthquakes on existing fault lines. We can activate small earthquakes, oil companies often do this.

The professor briefly mentions that if we reduce the resistance, we can create mini earthquakes on a regional scale thus carry out geoscientific studies or hydro/carbon exploration activities in the region, and that this is already a known method.

There are two important anecdotes about the Kahramanmaraş Elbistan region. The first one is that this region is one of the lines of the Anatolian Fault with the highest earthquake potential, the region where the Eurasian and Arabian Peninsula tectonic lines intersect. If you look at the earthquake risk maps of TR, 200-kilometer main fault that has broken is one of the two regions expected to produce the highest intensity earthquakes. The other detail I would like to bring to your attention is that this region has Turkiye's largest coal deposits and also shale gas reserves. The exact spot is Elbistan, the epicenter of the second earthquake. Oil exploration is also underway in this region. There is a foreign company operating in the region and there are reports that one of the boreholes burned for more than two days.

My aim is not to produce any conspiracy theory, but to share with you some remarkable anecdotes from the earthquake zone.

But here's what can do: which we know how to do and we try to do, you can change the resistance of the fault line. There is a friction, and when the friction is blocked, the earthquake is prevented from occurring. The point is that you can reduce this resistance by injecting liquid with a special compound into the fault, and that's how an earthquake can happen.

LOL. talk about pseudo science!

Just how much of a fault line needs to be "lubricated" in this way to cause a major tremor, and to what depths before the fault line slips? Two bore holes? Ten miles? A billion gallons?

Nah. Let us string together selected facts to support a particular narrative. Eff the science! Let's ask the Cuban Intel Services while we are at it. :D

Yes its called the TMFS - Technology of a Million Farts in Sync.. :D

Not needed. One million TMFS units is just ONE Djinn Fart. Tuknalojee bahut agey wadh gaye he hun. :D

LOL. talk about pseudo science!

Just how much of a fault line needs to be "lubricated" in this way to cause a major tremor, and to what depths before the fault line slips? Two bore holes? Ten miles? A billion gallons?

Nah. Let us string together selected facts to support a particular narrative. Eff the science! Let's ask the Cuban Intel Services while we are at it. :D
I think I didn't translate it properly, there is a misunderstanding, what he is talking about here is that an earthquake of this scale cannot be created by human hands, artificially realized earthquakes are at the mini level. The whole program is over 2 hours long and you can find it on the internet.

I didn't start this thread, but when Le Pichon responded to it on local TV, I wanted to translate some of it. This man is one of the architects of the concept of Plate tectonics, he is considered one of the greatest living geoscientists. If there is another scientist more competent than this man and this question is asked, I can translate his answer here. What is your academic specialization, maybe you would like to share with us the names of some of your earth scientist professors, which we can contact them.

what he is talking about here is that an earthquake of this scale cannot be created by human hands, artificially realized earthquakes are at the mini level.

Yes, that may be so, but there are people who are going to take that kernel and then string it up into a fantastic pseudoscientific claim. Did you know people in Pakistan have been told to expect the Turkish earthquake to cause another one in Pakitan about two weeks already based on such BS?

Everything has been predicted and explained in the Quran 1400 years ago

Quran itself states that so as a believer we don't have anyother option but to believe ----

and the rest of your post just reinforces what I stated earlier , better stick to the Jack of all trades mentality . how can science progress at a pace incomprehensible to our mental faculties ------?

how can science progress at a pace incomprehensible to our mental faculties ------?

It cannot. That is why Pakistan is where it is, and other countries are where they are.

Yes, that may be so, but there are people who are going to take that kernel and then string it up into a fantastic pseudoscientific claim. Did you know people in Pakistan have been told to expect the Turkish earthquake to cause another one in Pakitan about two weeks already based on such BS?
I have no idea about Pakistan, I have shared some of the findings in TR that have led to these questions being asked. I am not one of those who claim that this is necessarily the case.

Another anecdote, 10 days before the earthquake the US consulate was closed and US citizens were warned not to go to Turkiye. The interior ministry made a statement a few days before the earthquake and said that the US did not provide any justification to TR and did not share any intelligence. Then about 8-9 countries followed the US and advised their citizens not to stay in the eastern provinces. An official from the foreign missions of these countries later told the Turkish press on condition of anonymity that the US was pressuring them to do so. In other words, because conspiracy theories using this chain of coincidences emerged beyond the earthquake itself, professors had to deal with such questions even in such academic discussion programs whose subject is actually the earthquake itself.

Last edited:
It cannot. That is why Pakistan is where it is, and other countries are where they are.

A good number of South Asian aristocrats with their bachelors in liberal arts might had refused to consider the remotest of the possibilities that man has become capable of cruising in the air until the right brothers actually showed that machine called aeroplane to them ------.

I have no idea about Pakistan, I have shared some of the findings in TR that have led to these questions being asked. I am not one of those who claim that this is necessarily the case.

Another anecdote, 10 days before the earthquake the US consulate was closed and US citizens were warned not to go to Turkiye. The interior ministry made a statement a few days before the earthquake and said that the US did not provide any justification to TR and did not share any intelligence. Then about 8-9 countries followed the US and advised their citizens not to stay in the eastern provinces. An official from the foreign missions of these countries later told the Turkish press on condition of anonymity that the US was pressuring them to do so. In other words, because conspiracy theories using this chain of coincidences emerged beyond the earthquake itself, professors had to deal with such questions even in such academic discussion programs whose subject is actually the earthquake itself.

Anecdotes. Of course. That should be enough to reinforce any crap I have already decided upon in my own mind. Someone must be blamed to divert attention from my own failures, and what better target than USA? :D

(Except when I need aid.)

A good number of South Asian aristocrats with their bachelors in liberal arts might had refused to consider the remotest of the possibilities that man has become capable of cruising in the air until the right brothers actually showed that machine called aeroplane to them ------.

Q.E.D. :D

@BHAN85

Prof. Xavier Le Pichon, considered by academic circles as one of the most important living earthquake scientists, responded to a question on the subject in a program he participated in turkish TV as follows (btw, the person sitting next to him is Prof. Celal Şengör, who is also highly respected in the international academic community, I give this anecdote to indicate that the open forum was conducted in an academic framework far from populist coffee talk rather than his views)

Question: Is it possible to trigger an earthquake by an external factor? Is it possible to start a fault rupture process in this way? Is this something possible?

Le Pichon: The forces in question are formidably high. You cannot unleash this power by human hands. But here's what can do: which we know how to do and we try to do, you can change the resistance of the fault line. There is a friction, and when the friction is blocked, the earthquake is prevented from occurring. The point is that you can reduce this resistance by injecting liquid with a special compound into the fault, and that's how an earthquake can happen. This can be done, we are already doing it. In many places, in the many country, for example, when we are exploring for shale gas, the liquid that we inject causes an earthquake, so we can break the rock. We are not creating the earthquake here, we are breaking the resistance of the existing fault line. 'Knock', and suddenly an earthquake occurs. So, we cannot create earthquakes in non-earthquake-prone area, but we can activate earthquakes on existing fault lines. We can activate small earthquakes, oil companies often do this.

The professor briefly mentions that if we reduce the resistance, we can create mini earthquakes on a regional scale thus carry out geoscientific studies or hydro/carbon exploration activities in the region, and that this is already a known method.

There are two important anecdotes about the Kahramanmaraş Elbistan region. The first one is that this region is one of the lines of the Anatolian Fault with the highest earthquake potential, the region where the Eurasian and Arabian Peninsula tectonic lines intersect. If you look at the earthquake risk maps of TR, 200-kilometer main fault that has broken is one of the two regions expected to produce the highest intensity earthquakes. The other detail I would like to bring to your attention is that this region has Turkiye's largest coal deposits and also shale gas reserves. The exact spot is Elbistan, the epicenter of the second earthquake. Oil exploration is also underway in this region. There is a foreign company operating in the region and there are reports that one of the boreholes burned for more than two days.

My aim is not to produce any conspiracy theory, but to share with you some remarkable anecdotes from the earthquake zone.

Nukes trigger earthquakes in non-sismic zones, but I guess he's talking about big Earthquakes.

Anyway, if you have to trigger the earthquake with conventional explosives, it will be expensive and easy to investigate.

I think the key if it's the energy present in the ionosphere can be used or directed, I'd like to listen experts opinions about that.

Maybe? Surely you are absolutely wrong. Anyone with half a brain can see that. But please don't stop. This is all very entertaining. :D

So what about these vox populi from the ambeints of microwave energy being researched by physics students on forbidden topics in the ionosphere leading to something impossible and daring is coming next?

We dont know it. At least I know that I dont know.

You think you know. One step behind me :enjoy:

I'm pretty sure that if the news about consulate closed is true it's a pure coincidence.

I remember what happened to Bengazi American ambassador and I know that USA power doesnt give a fck about their diplomatic men.

A Goldman sachs office closed would worry me, A USA consulate closed certainly not.

USA is a bankercracy. Politicians, diplomatics and militarymen doesnt mean anything to the people who take powerful decisions in that country, they are employees that can be substituted.

Last edited:
We dont know it. At least I know that I dont know.

You think you know. One step behind me :enjoy:

Ah yes. There are known knowns, known unknowns, unknowns knowns and unknown unknowns. Of course. But I could never hope to ever reach your exalted intellectual heights. I hope not, :D

I imagine Japanese intel services boiling of pure hate against their American pals in March 11 st 2011.

I remember that months before Japanese PM and Soros meet in Davos summit.

Soros gave some economic "advices" to Japanese delegation, and they ignore him.

I think they never ignore him again after March 11 2011.

Back
Top Bottom