What's new

Does Pakistan Navy need a nuclear-powered submarine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as Pakistani Economy can bear the burden, I would like PN to have not one but three nuclear submarines to have sea denial capability. This should be in addtion to the new advanced AIP equipped Chinese Submarines Pakistan plans on buying. All these Purchases must come with transfer of Technology and joint Productions plan.
WHEN pk's economy allows.........i think it should go for indegenous production!!!!!!

doesn't a nuclear capable sub need a nuclear reactor???.......i thought only nuclear subs could launch nuclear tipped missiles!!!

You don't have a clue about this topic.

First of all, a conventionally powered Submarine can launch Nuclear weapons. Do not confuse nuclear powered Sub with a nuclear weapons capable Submarine. Secondly, the only advantage of a Nuclear Subs is the long period of time that Nuclear Submarine can stay submerged. However, an AIP equipped Submarine can also stay submerged for a long time and that meets Pakistan requirements just fine. Keep in mind that Pakistan Navy is not a blue water Navy and has no intention to be a blue water Navy as per its Naval Doctrine and as such it does not need a Nuclear Sub.

WHEN pk's economy allows.........i think it should go for indegenous production!!!!!!

irrespective of economy, dear the project for indigenous Nuclear sub is already in process. The massive funds have been allocated for the project in past years. The project is going on very well.

(our military strategists aswell try to complete india irrespective of economic cost.) Since india has an active nuclear sub program, so the PN also followed the footsteps.

irrespective of economy, dear the project for indigenous Nuclear sub is already in process. The massive funds have been allocated for the project in past years. The project is going on very well.

(our military strategists aswell try to complete india irrespective of economic cost.) Since india has an active nuclear sub program, so the PN also followed the footsteps.

never heard of it!!!!!.........can you shed some more info on this issue!!!!

never heard of it!!!!!.........can you shed some more info on this issue!!!!

Yes a project for indigenous Nuclear subs is going on and it doing very well. It is totally an indigenous venture with no foreign help. PN is actively pursuing it. I can't share any more details. But like kahuta project, HATF missile program. This is yet another biggest venture of pakistan defence.

Yes a project for indigenous Nuclear subs is going on and it doing very well. It is totally an indigenous venture with no foreign help. PN is actively pursuing it. I can't share any more details. But like kahuta project, HATF missile program. This is yet another biggest venture of pakistan defence.

We all know that even India cant produce indigenous submarine without others help let forget Pakistan

And here we are talking about nuclear sub (India had past experience with Russian Sub that why with decades of effort we are able to built it )

First it was the AC now its a nuclear sub ... if there is some project great lets see what happens with it otherwise people plzz stop living in lala land and wasting thread space for bs dreams.

We all know that even India cant produce indigenous submarine without others help let forget Pakistan
And here we are talking about nuclear sub (India had past experience with Russian Sub that why with decades of effort we are able to built it )

Till now its an indigenous project with out alien help. God knows about the future.
Yes you are right, nuclear subs is one hell of a technological project, but don't forget indian took soo much time because they started their nuclear subs project, decades ago when they didn't even had the skill to manufacture conventional subs.

Unlike india, PN started nuclear subs project after getting first hand experience by working on Agosta subs project with transfer of technology. Indian will benefit the same from their scorpian project.

PN main focus is nuclear side of this project not the conventional side.

First it was the AC now its a nuclear sub ... if there is some project great lets see what happens with it otherwise people plzz stop living in lala land and wasting thread space for bs dreams.

Dude, a project is there for indigenous nuclear subs by PN. Its going very well with huge investment for PN and other Defence R&D organization. But yes it will take time for completion. People here aren't believing this until some Vallyti US or british newspaper publishes a sizzling report about this.

@Rana... why are you disclosing secret stuff if their is such a project indeed?you are leaking state secrets?

Dude, a project is there for indigenous nuclear subs by PN. Its going very well with huge investment for PN and other Defence R&D organization. But yes it will take time for completion. People here aren't believing this until some Vallyti US or british newspaper publishes a sizzling report about this.

Good DUDE iam glad and happy when it happens and is out in the open with proof then we can cheer about it it is baseless now and trust me i will know as i come from a family with PN roots.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

rana " WHERE THESE HUGE FUNDS " come from.
:lol:

Lord you back already from your vac lolz ... stop worrying about Pakistan and where it gets its funds from you are always so worried about it stop lossing sleep day and night about it you have been too many times before .Don't you worry about personal things about your life ? or is it just Pakistan all the time the biggest fan i have ever seen so much wished more of your indian friends were like you lolz ;)

yaa its 145 mig -27 and 51 mirage and overall IAF consist 2600 aircraft(t-50,130 mki,200 tejas,126 mmrca about to come) and pakistan have 1500 aircraft(just few junk fighter-17 and j-10 waiting)
Why do you people find it hard to digest that JF-17 has been a tremendus success for Pakistan-China. I can still recall Indians remarking on LCA being "light years ahead" but their myth got busted when reality bit......Truth hurts, but its not bad to admit than continously troll for the sake of trolling.

AFAIK, there was a project of AECP to miniturize the nuclear reactor (for a possible sub useage). But dont know what happened subsequently. But the biggest question is the cost vs benifit, if conventional submarine offers low acustic signature and strategic strike capability with decent endurance, why to go for a nuclear sub which is more costly and more noisy.....Instead of wasting a couple of billion dollars on building a nuclear sub, why not to acquire 3 or 4 SKGNs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom