What's new

Does Forces Goal-2030 could improve bd military as a whole ?

You are wasting your time with these Slumdog Bharati who can't see beyond their nose.

Quite rich, coming from a Bangladeshi.

Population living in slums, (% of urban population)

You think a force of 160 4+/5 gen fighters is unable to penetrative Indian airspace?

160 4+/5 gen fighters. When & how ?

At present you have a fleet of 8 Mig 29 & have no concrete plans or funding to acquire any fighter aircraft. And you're buying Yak- 130s with Russian financial assistance.

BD defence spending in the mid-2020s is likely to be around 12-15 billion dollars. So say 30% allocated to airforce which makes 4-5 billion dollars a year.

Hmm, we are now talking about mathematics now, right ?

OK, here are some calculations. You're talking about $12 billion defense budget in mid 2020, or 2025. If we are talking about spending 2% of your GDP in defense(which is higher than your present 1.2% of GDP), it puts your GDP at $600 billion.

To reach $600 billion (that is, to triple the present size of your economy), you need a sustained actual growth rate of 11.6% over 9 years. Good luck with that. :lol:

Now should we even talk about $15 billion defense budget & 14.4% growth rate ?

And you will fund your defense expenditure from your budget. Should I remind you about your low tax to GDP ratio?

Yes, BD will have 5th generation stealth planes by 2030.
Not exactly a big deal since stealth planes have been in operation since 2005.

SSBNs have been in operation since the beginning of the cold war. What's stopping BD from having them ?

And stop calling those two losers to back you up, as we all know that one is an unemployed troll and the other
is just a kid who thinks India is this great technological power.

lol, looks like a mention of us is enough to give you nightmares. Are you tired of getting owned ?

Yes, India is a technological power when it comes to nuclear, space or many defense technologies. I have never claimed that India is some kind of Japan or Germany.

But if you start bracketing us with your ''zero patents an year- incapable of producing even textile machinery spares- LDC swampland", I wouldn't hesitate to show you where you belong.

Within first 4 hours of operation we will make sure most of the airfield around BD are destroyed, S-400 will be deployed in 4 major corners of the BD border and any aircraft and misslie will be destroyed inside Indian sky.

Then the next fun part will start, sending 5 million strong Ansar and VDP team as a forward occupational force to Calcutta Tripura and Assam and create a buffer zone for the BD army which is still within our traditional territorial border and having a good defence like iron shield.

The third phase will be to asking the Dalits and Muslim in India to raise up arms and take control of the Delhi Red Fort and raise the emancipation flag there. The great Dravid empire should be encouraged to have their own country or become our tributary and come under our military protection.

All nuclear arsenal will be coniscated and put under UN supervision and eventually destroyed.

That looks like an awesome Battle plan. You should be made a Field Marshall or something.

But I have a slight correction- you wouldn't need to confiscate Indian nuclear warheads. We would have already delivered them to Bangladesh, on the tip of a few Agnis. :lol:

160 4+/5 gen fighters. When & how ?

At present you have a fleet of 8 Mig 29 & have no concrete plans or funding to acquire any fighter aircraft. And you're buying Yak- 130s with Russian financial assistance.

Hmm, we are now talking about mathematics now, right ?

OK, here are some calculations. You're talking about $12 billion defense budget in mid 2020, or 2025. If we are talking about spending 2% of your GDP in defense(which is higher than your present 1.2% of GDP), it puts your GDP at $600 billion.

To reach $600 billion (that is, to triple the present size of your economy), you need a sustained actual growth rate of 11.6% over 9 years. Good luck with that. :lol:

Now should we even talk about $15 billion defense budget & 14.4% growth rate ?

And you will fund your defense expenditure from your budget. Should I remind you about your low tax to GDP ratio?

I was talking about 2025 prices as that would be the mid-point of the arms buildup to modernise BD military by 2030.
The 5 gen stealth fighters will almost certainly come from China for price/performance reasons. I estimate the cost to be around 100 million dollars in the then prices.
BD growth should average around 8% and we need to take into account say 5% inflation, so the nominal growth will be 13% a year. Current BD GDP is around 225 billion US dollars and so it should hit around 675 billion US dollars in then prices by 2025.

Now BD defence spending is actually around 1.6-1.7% of GDP when arms imports, that are not part of the official defence budget, are taken into account. So let us take the lower figure of 1.6% and that will give a defence budget in 2025 of around 11 billion dollars. So you see with a budget like this in the 2020s BD can afford a fleet of 160 4+/5 gen fighters easily.

Indians are either being dumb or do not want to admit that BD will be a formidable military power by 2030.
With BD militarily powerful there goes their hope of hegemony in South Asia.
Bangladesh should set target to become one of the top 20 military in the world.Being the 8th largest nation in the world and robust 7 percent growth rate,it will not be difficult for us within 2030.

Bangladesh should set target to become one of the top 20 military in the world.Being the 8th largest nation in the world and robust 7 percent growth rate,it will not be difficult for us within 2030.

BD GDP growth rate will get over 8% average next decade.

I was talking about 2025 prices as that would be the mid-point of the arms buildup to modernise BD military by 2030.
The 5 gen stealth fighters will almost certainly come from China for price/performance reasons. I estimate the cost to be around 100 million dollars in the then prices.

Sure, you'll get fifth generation in 2025, at 2016 prices.

BD growth should average around 8% and we need to take into account say 5% inflation, so the nominal growth will be 13% a year. Current BD GDP is around 225 billion US dollars and so it should hit around 675 billion US dollars in then prices by 2025.

You're the first one I have met, who boasts about nominal growth & not real growth. Like seriously ?

Now BD defence spending is actually around 1.6-1.7% of GDP when arms imports, that are not part of the official defence budget, are taken into account. So let us take the lower figure of 1.6% and that will give a defence budget in 2025 of around 11 billion dollars. So you see with a budget like this in the 2020s BD can afford a fleet of 160 4+/5 gen fighters easily.

Links please.

Why should we need whites ? We already have so many Bangladeshis, who migrate from their LDC where 55% of urban population lives in slums, to become our servants.
Haha ... I didnt want to bring this topic up but now since you have let me also add in and tell our rich and wealthy bangladeshi neighbors that your brethren are available in huge numbers for all labour work over here dwelling in slums all around major cities.

Sure, you'll get fifth generation in 2025, at 2016 prices.

You're the first one I have met, who boasts about nominal growth & not real growth. Like seriously ?

Links please.

No offence but this conversation is above your head.

Last edited:
Sure, you would have a $600 billion economy by 2025 (at 2015 prices) & a $15 billion defense budget. Happy ?

This conversation requires a higher level of mathematical ability than you possess.

It is not your fault of course as we are all born with different talents - don't worry as majority of people are mathematically not capable of analysing and manipulating numbers at the level I have presented them at.

Mathematical ability? More like imagination. :lol:

Dude, let us drop this as no point carrying on.

You are actually one of the more reasonable and decent Indians compared to a lot of the rest so
I actually have some time for you.

Dude, let us drop this as no point carrying on.

You are actually one of the more reasonable and decent Indians compared to a lot of the rest so
I actually have some time for you.

So I should agree with all those fantasy figures you quote, to be reasonable. :lol:

Now BD defence spending is actually around 1.6-1.7% of GDP when arms imports, that are not part of the official defence budget, are taken into account. So let us take the lower figure of 1.6%

Provide links for this claim.

Back
Top Bottom