What's new

Does Forces Goal-2030 could improve bd military as a whole ?

Provide links for this claim.

I am on a tablet with little access to a PC but what you need to do is google BD arms imports and you will see that it roughly averages around 500 million dollars a year over the last 5 years. The defence budget is only for salaries, maintenance, operations and insignificant locally produced weapons. I calculated a while back that it was between 1.6-1.7 % of GDP when arms imports was taken into account.

Total defence spending tends to rise sharply with Awami League governments as they spend much more money importing weapons than BNP does.

Provide links for this claim.

http://www.janes.com/article/60959/bangladesh-boosts-defence-budget

The 2016-17 military expenditure includes BDT212.48 billion for "non-development" costs, which include military salaries, maintenance costs, and operations and BDT4.06 billion for "development" costs including defence procurement. These figures represent a year-on-year increase of 7% and a decline of 5% respectively, compared with revised allocations for last year.

Since when does any country not include import of defence items under procurement? :partay:

Remember to quote the janes link when these people start quoting whatever they feel like. Its 2.8 billion USD on apples-apples international comparison basis.

Thats about 1.2% of their GDP.

http://www.janes.com/article/60959/bangladesh-boosts-defence-budget

The 2016-17 military expenditure includes BDT212.48 billion for "non-development" costs, which include military salaries, maintenance costs, and operations and BDT4.06 billion for "development" costs including defence procurement. These figures represent a year-on-year increase of 7% and a decline of 5% respectively, compared with revised allocations for last year.

Since when does any country not include import of defence items under procurement? :partay:

Remember to quote the janes link when these people start quoting whatever they feel like. Its 2.8 billion USD on apples-apples international comparison basis.

Thats about 1.2% of their GDP.

Jesus you are as dumb as a brick:lol:

Do you know that according to the article you quoted that BD spends 4.06 billion taka
on "Development" which includes procurement?

4.06 billion Taka is only 52 million dollars. Just google and you will see that BD imported around 2.1 billion
US dollars of arms in last 5 years.

Jesus you are as dumb as a brick:lol:

Do you know that according to the article you quoted that BD spends 4.06 billion taka
on "Development" which includes procurement?

4.06 billion Taka is only 52 million dollars. Just google and you will see that BD imported around 2.1 billion
US dollars of arms in last 5 years.

This is just what your country has accounted it as given almost all their imports are based on loans over several years and only a tiny part of these would get put into direct procurement (since the first installment is quite low)

Hence the overall imports budgeted each year....and the actual imports physically imported are two different things.

2.1 billion of hardware certainly did not flow in physically in 5 years.

This is just what your country has accounted it as given almost all their imports are based on loans over several years and only a tiny part of these would get put into direct procurement (since the first installment is quite low)

Hence the overall imports budgeted each year....and the actual imports physically imported are two different things.

2.1 billion of hardware certainly did not flow in physically in 5 years.

These are year on year imports as calculated by SIPRI. Nothing to do with deals or loans.
You think you know more than them?
Seriously, what on earth is wrong with you???

If I had the time then I would list all the hardware that BD brought from 2011-2015 but I have better things to
do with my life.

These are year on year imports as calculated by SIPRI. Nothing to do with deals or loans.
You think you know more than them?
Seriously, what on earth is wrong with you???

If I had the time then I would list all the hardware that BD brought from 2011-2015 but I have better things to
do with my life.

Excellent you fell into my trap (its so easy to do that).

Have you looked at the SIPRI breakdown through their transfer registers?

I guess you havent. You just took a number they published without looking into what is actually represents and tried to ram through your own definition of it....in the usual BD apples = oranges way so prevalent in this subforum.

You probably wouldn't understand even if you did read it in detail....so it would be pointless trying to explain it to you. But maybe gslvmk3 and others can look it up themselves to see the durations for many of the announced deals for BD....that they do not fall under single year purchases.

https://www.sipri.org/databases/armstransfers

The SIPRI trend analysis goes with the total value of deals announced per year + ongoing transfers....it is not a ongoing transfer aggregate only. Have a read of their methodology:

https://www.sipri.org/databases/armstransfers/background

SIPRI statistical data on arms transfers relates to actual deliveries of major conventional weapons. To permit comparison between the data on such deliveries of different weapons and to identify general trends, SIPRI has developed a unique system to measure the volume of international transfers of major conventional weapons using a common unit, the trend-indicator value (TIV).

The TIV is based on the known unit production costs of a core set of weapons and is intended to represent the transfer of military resources rather than the financial value of the transfer. Weapons for which a production cost is not known are compared with core weapons based on: size and performance characteristics (weight, speed, range and payload); type of electronics, loading or unloading arrangements, engine, tracks or wheels, armament and materials; and the year in which the weapon was produced. A weapon that has been in service in another armed force is given a value 40 per cent of that of a new weapon. A used weapon that has been significantly refurbished or modified by the supplier before delivery is given a value of 66 per cent of that of a new weapon.

SIPRI calculates the volume of transfers to, from and between all parties using the TIV and the number of weapon systems or subsystems delivered in a given year. This data is intended to provide a common unit to allow the measurement if trends in the flow of arms to particular countries and regions over time. Therefore, the main priority is to ensure that the TIV system remains consistent over time, and that any changes introduced are backdated.

In cases where deliveries are identified but it is not possible to identify either the supplier or the recipient with an acceptable degree of certainty, transfers are registered as coming from 'unknown' suppliers or going to 'unknown' recipients. In cases where there is an arms transfer agreement for weapons that are produced by two or more cooperating countries, and if it is not clear which country will make the final delivery, the suppliers is listed as 'multiple'.

SIPRI TIV figures do not represent sales prices for arms transfers. They should therefore not be directly compared with gross domestic product (GDP), military expenditure, sales values or the financial value of export licences in an attempt to measure the economic burden of arms imports or the economic benefits of exports. They are best used as the raw data for calculating trends in international arms transfers over periods of time, global percentages for suppliers and recipients, and percentages for the volume of transfers to or from particular states.

-------------------------------------------------------

Overall point is a lot of the physical transfers (esp loan based) come from the non-development side of the budget too.

Its overall a pretty lousy bit of accounting by Bangladesh with all kinds of smoke and mirrors over something so trivial....but I guess the politicians have their kickbacks to make.

This whole thread is summed up by the title:

Does Forces Goal-2030 could improve bd military as a whole ?

So terrible. Makes me wonder if this bd major guy is an alternate account of that other paddy field-sounding guy @bdslph

Hahha thanks for including me
I have nothing to do with bd military i has a account there tats all

2030 is the year when slumdog bharat will become suuppa pawa with a lot of white servant.

Thanks for the videos too much dream

Hahhaha

To knw if the forces goal 2030 how will it look like we have wait until that time
But many of our system will become old and it will be needing replacements

There is 14yrs togo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom