What's new

Dhaka vs Kolkata

His father Naziur Rahman Monju stole half of Ershad's stolen fortune. He is also known as big VOIP businessman. Besides he is the son in law of Sheikh family.

Wasn't this Monju guy a minister at some point? There was a rumor that he was connected with some massive sugar heist scam...

Anyways hope the son turns out to be better than the dad.....;)

Andaleeve is very good at 'chopa' and rants.

If he is connected with the Sheikhs no wonder they've left him alone this far....

Call up dictator Khaled. He will fix Dhaka in 10 years guaranteed. Starting with shifting the capital for the time being... and tearing down the whole of Dhaka except parts which is already planned and built and other major monuments/ sights/ office buildings etc and build city alK around that. Not a single apartment below 50 stories mark with at least 4 apartments in one floor... having 1 floor after every 10 floors as a recreational activities floor... and proper parking facilities... 1 car for each apartment if possible.

Trust me if you don't replay and rebuild this city like Paris was done and London too back in the days... nothing will change. We might get economically powerful in the coming years but we will the only country left with trashy capital.

Call up dictator Khaled. He will fix Dhaka in 10 years guaranteed. Starting with shifting the capital for the time being... and tearing down the whole of Dhaka except parts which is already planned and built and other major monuments/ sights/ office buildings etc and build city alK around that. Not a single apartment below 50 stories mark with at least 4 apartments in one floor... having 1 floor after every 10 floors as a recreational activities floor... and proper parking facilities... 1 car for each apartment if possible.

Trust me if you don't replay and rebuild this city like Paris was done and London too back in the days... nothing will change. We might get economically powerful in the coming years but we will the only country left with trashy capital.

Your face is too genial to be a iron-fisted cold hearted dictator lulz.

BTW I agree with you here. What is land situation just outside Dhaka like? Soil mechanics are good? Farms/land not too expensive? If so, you can create a smart city outside Dhaka, to take pressure off Dhaka itself....then you have more luxury and room to fix Dhaka. Going in with surgeon tools on Dhaka directly (with nothing to divert affected people to) will cost the economy a lot. The smart city model is what is being implemented by India now to address this fundamental problem with lowest impact.

Your face is too genial to be a iron-fisted cold hearted dictator lulz.

BTW I agree with you here. What is land situation just outside Dhaka like? Soil mechanics are good? Farms/land not too expensive? If so, you can create a smart city outside Dhaka, to take pressure off Dhaka itself....then you have more luxury and room to fix Dhaka. Going in with surgeon tools on Dhaka directly (with nothing to divert affected people to) will cost the economy a lot. The smart city model is what is being implemented by India now to address this fundamental problem with lowest impact.
Doesn't hurt to be the first!

Outside Dhaka mostly on northern and eastern sides. The land/ soil mechanics is excellent. Purbachal is this dream of a planned city but work has been stalling since I was born... there is plans to build the tallest building in Asia there... only time will say how good this city will turn out

Back when me and Bilal were still on speaking terms....he told me this was probably a scam. Has there been any update on it since?
That what I thought too and still think it is. Although the building plan has been passed by the municipality engineers so I don't know what to believe until the construction starts.

the tallest building in Asia will be built on offshore of Tokyo bay. I am just looking at PBUH skyscrapper comunity, South Asian in general doesnt built many tall building in over 200 meters height like East or South East Asian in general. What is the preference there?

the tallest building in Asia will be built on offshore of Tokyo bay. I am just looking at PBUH skyscrapper comunity, South Asian in general doesnt built many tall building in over 200 meters height like East or South East Asian in general. What is the preference there?
This one is planned to be around 600+ if I remember right. Second only to burn Khalifa provided burj khalifa will still stand as the tallest for the foreseeing future

This one is planned to be around 600+ if I remember right. Second only to burn Khalifa provided burj khalifa will still stand as the tallest for the foreseeing future

in CTBUH list i dont see one from Bangladesh or even any South Asian Countries will complete any super tall skyscrapper in near future. Jeddah Kingdom Tower will be the tallest building in the world upon completion in 2021, meanwhile Suzhou Zhengnan Tower will be the top three, followed by Dubai one tower, KL118 in Kuala Lumpur, Signature Tower in Jakarta, Wuhan Green Center in Wuhan, Rama IX in Bangkok and other from East Asia, Middle East and South East Asia. In the next decade, there is no single building from South Asia had registered or in the process of building to become one of 50 tallest building in the world.

http://skyscrapercenter.com/buildings?list=tallest100-future

my bad there is one from hyderabad.

in CTBUH list i dont see one from Bangladesh or even any South Asian Countries will complete any super tall skyscrapper in near future. Jeddah Kingdom Tower will be the tallest building in the world upon completion in 2021, meanwhile Suzhou Zhengnan Tower will be the top three, followed by Dubai one tower, KL118 in Kuala Lumpur, Signature Tower in Jakarta, Wuhan Green Center in Wuhan, Rama IX in Bangkok and other from East Asia, Middle East and South East Asia. In the next decade, there is no single building from South Asia had registered or in the process of building to become one of 50 tallest building in the world.

http://skyscrapercenter.com/buildings?list=tallest100-future

my bad there is one from hyderabad.
looks like it will slid down one step more....
its a 734 meter tall building... already approved and constructions seems to have started... once completed it will be tallest in south asia and 3rd tallest in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iconic_Towers

there isn't much info about it atm.... because the place it's being built on... well that's a whole city under construction and is supposed to be the capital after completion....

i wouldn't be surprised if you didn't find it in the list... personally i think they're gonna take 4 years before actual construction begins.... soil testing, ground pressure, fabricating steel and providing contracts and other works...

there is another one cal burj mubarak al kabeer in kuwait.... which is supposed to be built on a new city that's undergoing construction and hence not yet officially recognised

Actually the tallest building in Asia is the tallest building in the world. The Middle East is in Asia.

Whats the point of building tallest buildings?Anyways some other country will build an even taller one.Why not something like Marina Bay Sands...

Not sure about the Iconic Tower in Dhaka. I havent read much on it since it was disclosed here on PDF. If its happening, then should have been much more hype/coverage regarding it.

However, I first think Dhaka needs to be de-centralized to unburden the load it bears. Tall towers can come later once the infrastructure and communication have improved. Shifting out the tanneries to Savar is a right move in an desirable direction.

Back
Top Bottom