What's new

Dhaka vs Kolkata

@Bombaywalla ,Don't be angry boy.I will rate the other Maharastra city other than Mumbai to as per with Bangladeshi city of Khulna,Rajshahi or Sylhet.:enjoy: Now happy?:D

I don't really get sub-standard humour.
There is no humour.Maharastra and Bangladesh is comparable to each other.Which is the distinction only to be attributed to your state.You should feel proud that just a state like maharastra is comparable to a whole country like BD. No other indian state come close to BD in economic size.So you should feel happy seriously.

I don't really get sub-standard humour.

P.S: It's 'at par', not, 'as per'

These are really advanced cities...here is the modern airport of Rajshahi :omghaha:

Shah_mokhdum_airport.JPG

There is no humour.Maharastra and Bangladesh is comparable to each other.Which is the distinction only to be attributed to your state.You should feel proud that just a state like maharastra is comparable to a whole country like BD. No other indian state come close to BD in economic size.So you should feel happy seriously.

One visit to MH state and you'll know why I or anyone else who's been to both places, would laugh at your silly comparison.

Nothing more than a d**k measuring contest. Both cities play a vital role in their respective countries, one being a commercial, cultural, and educational center of East India and the other being the head of a sovereign nation. Its a apple vs orange type of argument. A better comparison would be Kolkata and Chittagong, as both are major city ports and economic hubs. Lets be honest the point of the thread wasn't to gain an understanding of the two cities, but rather to talk crap about the other city and prove the superior one. A better thread might revolve around the idea of what the two cities can gain from one another. Just my two cent.

I think you are right, Calcutta can be best compared with Chittagong. Chittagong has seen some good developments in recent past. It's GDP is 174 billion USD. And many projects are under-construction. So can we have a thread on Chittagong vs Calcutta? @Rain Man @Doyalbaba @Maira La @bongbang @Bilal9 I would love to see a comparison between these two cities.

I think you are right, Calcutta can be best compared with Chittagong. Chittagong has seen some good developments in recent past. I

Now this one is a great city with highly advanced infrastructure.It is connected to the capital of Bangladesh by a 2 lane highway & a meter gauge railway line :lol: @Bombaywalla

These are really advanced cities...here is the modern airport of Rajshahi :omghaha:

Shah_mokhdum_airport.JPG
Don't laugh so much my friend.:no:It is a domestic airport.What do you expect? Rather you should concentrate on the number of International airport both in BD and Maharastra.Bangladesh have four international airport while Maharastra have three.:haha:So it is irrelevant what Rajshahi airport looks like.:meeting:

Last edited:
I think you are right, Calcutta can be best compared with Chittagong. Chittagong has seen some good developments in recent past. It's GDP is 174 billion USD. And many projects are under-construction. So can we have a thread on Chittagong vs Calcutta? @Rain Man @Doyalbaba @Maira La @bongbang @Bilal9 I would love to see a comparison between these two cities.

What the?! GDP is 174 billion ?! Naah can't be....Otherwise it would have blipped in our radar by now :)

Don't laugh so much my friend.:no:It is a domestic airport.What do you expect? Rather you should concentrate on the number of International airport both in BD and Maharastra.Bangladesh have four international airport while Maharastra have three.:haha:So it is irrelevant what Rajshahi airport looke like.:meeting:

You know how big MH's international airports are ?

chhatrapati_1575x900_gvk_robertpolidori_02jpg.jpg%3Fh%3D800%26s%3D17

chhatrapati_1575x900_gvk_robertpolidori_03jpg.jpg

19mumbai5.jpg

^^^ That's Mumbai

Don't laugh so much my friend.:no:It is a domestic airport.What do you expect? Rather you should concentrate on the number of International airport both in BD and Maharastra.Bangladesh have four international airport while Maharastra have three.:haha:So it is irrelevant what Rajshahi airport looks like.:meeting:

Why you post even before a little bit of research??

Mumbai Airport alone handles 10 times the total number of flights in whole of BD. Mumbai has daily 1300 departures/ arrivals. :lol::rofl:

BTW India's and S. Asia's largest airport is Delhi, with total of 40 million pax. a year (26th largest in the world). Delhi alone handles around 1500 departures/ arrivals a day. (Compare to Dhaka which sees 100 arrivals/ departures in a day)

Back
Top Bottom