What's new

Dhaka third least liveable city: EIU

People I live in Dhaka and travel a lot using the city's public transportation.and I am pissed off by the fact that we didn't get the Worst City award.Because it is.

im sure with a growing economy they will begin to have the resources to structure and plan their cities well.
BD is showing all signs of a prospering nation, it along with India and SL are driving south asian growth so props to them

Population!POPULATION!Unplanned growth!
It's crazy here.It feels like the entire population of the country lives in the city or something. I think some study stated 500 cars hit the city's streets every day.Economic growth means nothing if you have a huge population.Heck it's over 160 million now.

It is, once you adapt to it
For which ,even a not so religious guy like me,pray to God while travelling on the streets.You should ride the buses sometimes if you ever visit Dhaka and then think adaptation is possible.

these ranks usually have a lot of bias in them. Dhakka is probabaly very liveable for Dhakkans.
No it's not.I think the other Asian nations (Pak,Ind,SL) have way better living conditions than us.

Let Dacca be the worst city to live.

If Bangladeshis can live there and are happy, what does it matter if it is the pits for the world?

your comment reflect a sign of perfect indian mentality.

why cant indians tolerate development and prosperity of small neighboring countries ???

i do agree that dhaka is in very bad shape. those who r real friend of Bangladesh like china, always contribute in development work.

but with poor mentality india could not become a true friend of bangladesh.........

I do not exactly know about how bias the ranking is but yes, the perspective varies from person to person.

Dhaka is not totally a horrible city to live. People are living there...i have grew up and lived there, the few things that make the situation bad is poor road planning, traffic and electricity. Apart from that i find Dhaka city fine.

Dhaka does have good and bigger roads, good residential areas albeit in small number but people are managing. Hence there are reasons why people stay and are happy in the 'worst city'.

Ask any Bangladeshi, they all complain...but never say that Dhaka isnt live-able or is the worst city i have lived in.

Cheers!!!

People I live in Dhaka and travel a lot using the city's public transportation.and I am pissed off by the fact that we didn't get the Worst City award.Because it is.

Population!POPULATION!Unplanned growth!
It's crazy here.It feels like the entire population of the country lives in the city or something. I think some study stated 500 cars hit the city's streets every day.Economic growth means nothing if you have a huge population.Heck it's over 160 million now.

For which ,even a not so religious guy like me,pray to God while travelling on the streets.You should ride the buses sometimes if you ever visit Dhaka and then think adaptation is possible.

No it's not.I think the other Asian nations (Pak,Ind,SL) have way better living conditions than us.

Lived in dhaka(still living) for 14 years now. Yeah adaptation is possible, even though it may not be a very good place to live

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

why cant indians tolerate development and prosperity of small neighboring countries ???

i do agree that dhaka is in very bad shape. those who r real friend of Bangladesh like china, always contribute in development work.

but with poor mentality india could not become a true friend of bangladesh.........

I dont think tiki tam tam was dissing us in his post.....

We need to relocate a lot of people.This is where other national strategic issues arise.whether it's losing land due to soil erosion or along the borders , people have lost homes and arable land and are moving to the city.The other 6 cities should be developed more in order to stop this.Also educational institutions should open campuses in those 6 cities.

Tehran wouldn't do too bad though, if they took into account the quality of girls :P

But nah, jokes aside, I see what you're getting at. I've never been to any of the cities in the least liveable list. Should try one. Perhaps Karachi or Dhaka (Nearest). I think crime rate is a big factor when it comes to this list.

Is it worth getting your thing sliced off in the pursuit for the pink taco in that part of the world? :D

He is actually supporting Dhaka and you cannot see though your hate for us. I believe he was born in Dhaka.

Can anybody tell the ranking of kolkata. I have been there twice, and I am guessing it will be very near to dhaka in ranking.

I do not exactly know about how bias the ranking is but yes, the perspective varies from person to person.

Dhaka is not totally a horrible city to live. People are living there...i have grew up and lived there, the few things that make the situation bad is poor road planning, traffic and electricity. Apart from that i find Dhaka city fine.

Dhaka does have good and bigger roads, good residential areas albeit in small number but people are managing. Hence there are reasons why people stay and are happy in the 'worst city'.

Ask any Bangladeshi, they all complain...but never say that Dhaka isnt live-able or is the worst city i have lived in.

Cheers!!!

Well to me, Yes Dhaka is the worst of places that I ever lived in.

Communication infra is one of the worst in the world. No decent public transportation, You cant own a car, but if you do, you dont have a parking space. You cant stay out night after 10 oclock, the land lord will close the gate. There is no place for outing, YOu cant even date on a footpath, others will be pushing you around. There is no night life, you dont even have a decent theatre where you can take your familly to. There is no decent library, public library is closed most of the holidays, and few people visit there. There is no place where you can buy your favorite books or browse them for curiosity. I can go on for ever. Its the place where people stay only for living. YOu see the mad rush to go home in all the Eids is due to the fact that nobody likes to live here.

wht are the rankings of other Pakistani cities like Islamabad & Lahore?

Back
Top Bottom