What's new

Despite being part of the Quad, India sustained pressure from the US and bought discounted Russian oil to provide relief to the masses: Imran Khan

Yaar har cheez mai elections mat le aaya karo, yahan to 5 saal elections hi chalte rehte hai.They could have done it in Aug or Sept if they would have been only considering Gujarat elections.
Wo bhi hai mama , aap to Humse better jante honge
Shadyantra prapanch to apka department hai

Lol this nibba is doing it on purpose to f with people's heads, get them rilled up to vote for him :lol:, whole charade from A-z as in last 6-12 months not just this - is to rile up/ anger people into supporting him as a messiah figure
playing politics

Prices didn't go down since then , now America is again losing relevance in indias oil supply chain, since we started getting oil from Russia and see prices have dropped.
This is what ex PM Imran Khan wanted to end reliance on US. And that's why he was removed in US backed regime change operation.

Hain ji, prices have gone down uncle .
Last time orange man threatened mudi ji and Co of very bad actions, if india bought oil from Iran. Since then ongc fellows are saying them only one thing, " inshallah farsi bros , next year we buy from you till then salam"
We stopped, we became dependent on Gulf sheikhs, we have not imported significant quantity from basra since last few years.
We had to import from guyana in south America, Infact at one point usa became our largest oil supplier due to orange man and because mudi ji relented in front of him.
We asked politely to sheikhs to increase production, the oil minister or somebody of Saudi Arabia asked us to use our reserve fuel stocks , which is mostly kept for wartime as far as I know
Prices didn't go down since then , now America is again losing relevance in indias oil supply chain, since we started getting oil from Russia and see prices have dropped.
I'm not sure why the history matters. But Russian oil is not subject to secondary sanctions like Iranian crude was under Trump. India will decide its best course of action under options that are available to it at the time. The point of this thread was to say that because India took Russian oil, it is able to afford a drop in tax which was otherwise at 100%. For this I say, correlation is not causation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why the history matters. But Russian oil is not subject to secondary sanctions like Iranian crude was under Trump. India will decide its best course of action under options that are available to it at the time. The point of this thread was to say that because India took Russian oil, it is able to afford a drop in excise duty which was otherwise at 100%. For this I say, correlation is not causation.
Uncle my understanding of economics is bhery bhery poor , hum arts wale aise hi hai , aap co relation nikalo .
No disrespect at all intended since I read your posts and i know that you know about what you write

If Iran talks go well, we may very well start importing much more from them..
ha ha ....that's if Iran is interested in doing that, Iran knows how "reliable"an oil buyer India is. There are already consumers for the oil India doesnt want.

IK is playing politics just to fool the naive.
1)Why did he not restart the Iran pak gas pipeline project, it would have been the cheapest.
2)Why did he not Kick the French ambassador out, at that time GSP plus was important.
3)Our reserves are a paltry 10B compared to Indias 500B, do the maths yourself.
1) Iran is under UN sanctions and is a declared terrorist state according to west. Russia is no Iran, as it is a p5 member. EU is also still buying energy from Russia worth 100s billion dollars, so Pakistan buying now 5-10 billion dollar worth of oil/gas is of no consequence to Ukraine war. Do to make it simple for you: It is EU funding the war in Ukraine not Pakistan! Also this is false equivalence. Please you know this comparison makes no sense.
2) Why don't you establish first why French ambassador should be kicked out in the first place? Then we can criticize or discuss why he wasn’t.
3) They are 10 bln now after SS took over. During IK time they were 20+. Buying cheaper energy would actually help reserves.

South asia index is literally a propaganda tower. It's spreading bs and behold the most bs person retweets it. No surprise.

Sabko chooran baich raha hai.

India had a leverage which is based on two things that allowed it to sustain pressure:

a) China's ascendency in which India can play the role of a spoiler
b) 1.2 billion population which is an extremely large export market for the rest of the world and the West in particular

Neither of these factors are at play with Pakistan. So IK trying to compare India's FP stance with Pakistan is a non-starter. We don't have *any* such leverage.

We have to craft our own niche somehow, however thus far this has evaded all Pakistani governments including the PTI one. One hint is our overflowing yet massively underperforming human resource which, if astutely developed, could completely change the scenario for Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom