What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

Ashok what is really funny is i reckon he has been a naughty boy for at least a month and was banned! lolz
even I was too banned, every one goes through a phase of learning to get seasoned and to accept how the real world is and to be the change we wish to bring arround us.
Was not Yasin Malik, who killed IA personal, made a promise to leave out violence only after seeing the suffering he has caused

Democracy is working fine by the way.. much better than military dictatorship. l like democracy.

I had never in my post said that its a failed experiment. neither did Aryan, but we are questioning on how it can evolve with taking in more concepts from other form of governance.
As you are a native English speaker, i have no doubt about your comprehension skills, but are we not writing our words clearly that you are not able to comprehend
You may not. But I wonder who started this thread and created the title.

The versions of democracy that we have in existance and that the west wish to propagate is nothing more than an anaesthtic to soothe their collective conscience and propogate the myth that they are civilised.
Nice copy/paste job wherever that came from.

You have an inferiority complex or what? Why would you think its cut and pasted? Is it because the words are a bit too clever for you American lads? lol

Actually Gambit it is a phrase that I thought up when I was doing law in my first year in the UK. It was a legal research exercise on Judge bias and the famous Pinochet (2) in the House of Lords in the UK. The copy from my dissertation:

"Maybe the inference to be drawn from the last two paragraphs and by the fact that Hoffman was found innocent of actual bias is” law in this context is a set of rules formulated by the "civilized" (read remnants of the Greco-Roman empires) to anaesthetize and soothe the collective conscience of the masses"

You will see I changed it to apply to democracy in this case. In this dissertation I had to look at Pinochet, Human Rights, International law Natural justice and Judicial bias.

But I am pleased that even then in my first year I was able to produce material that the likes of you would think I am not able to produce today.:rofl:

Did I say so ? Still...All you are doing is the typical intellectually dishonest tactic of pointing out the errors of the applications of democratic institutions without providing a shred of credible argument as to a better alternative. Dishonest critics like you put an impossible demand upon 'democracy' and 'capitalism':

- Instant equality, as if a new law or idea would change decades or hundreds of years of internalized biases,

- Instant wealth, as if 'wealth' could be universally defined in the first place,

- Instant perfect government, as if people in governments are saints to start,

- Instant honesty, as if people in governments are saints to start,

- Instant efficiency in governance, as if people in governments are saints to start and that they could defy the laws of nature,

- Instant this and instant that and instant those...

But when the table is turned to you, we can see the spinning begins on how communism in X country was not 'true communism' or that it is the fault of corruption or that it was the CIA-Zionist alliance and so on...

No wonder critics like you are not taken seriously.

I have never seen so much drivel laced with a personal attacks in my life. What do you gain by putting others down? does it make you feel better? Is that why you come on this forum? In any event it seems you accept that at the very least your democracy is imperfect.

I'd say democracy was the best form of leadership in current times (depends which country you live).

Changing regime through voting is more civilized than through guns.

You will probably get more corrupt politicians in any non democratic system. After all who is to stop them from stealing?

but whatever works best in each country. btw democracy in its current form is not good for pakistan imo.

Sorry...We never claimed to be looking for an all-wise and 'benevolent dictator' like you advocated Pakistan should do.

I never advocated it. I just raised it as an interesting point.

Read my post.

You sir, dont know how democracy works. Period. Your illogical biased rantings pretty much sum up your knowledge. You are confusing a democractic process with problems with governance or economics.

Lol. There is no such thing as "your democracy" or "our democracy". Period. You sir, need a crash course in "Democracy for Dummies". Again I repeat my question, if you think democracy is a farce, please suggest a better alternative method of governance where peoples rights are respected.

Keep denying the facts is a loser's react to reality, because he keeps living in delusion.

We do know how democracy should not work.

We know democracy should not work to make 2 million children die yearly.

We know democracy should not work to make people poorer than Sahara Africa.

Yes, there are different types of democracy: Hitler type, UK type, American type, of course, Indian type.

Don’t foolishly think once you have election, everything will go the “democracy” way. Nay!

Again, I repeat my answer, your democracy is a farce. And your democracy never respects people’s right of basic survival of the 2 million people, never respect the literacy rights of your 30+% of people…

That is why many Indians rather abandon their Indian democracy to illegally fly to US to embrace US democracy.

Back
Top Bottom