What's new

Delhi & Tokyo may ink pact for India’s first Bullet Train during Shinzo Abe’s visit

Modi of course will prefer his native place first.
And then Delhi stinks of Kejriwal lately (for BJP)
Had it been Kiran Bedi, things would have been pretty different.

Not just that. It makes business sense. There is a lot of traffic between Bombay and Gujarat. Traders, (diamond, stock and cloth) travel regularly on these routes. And they have the money to pay for this. Hence, this will be viable. Not to mention that there is a desperate need for speeding up travel between Bombay and Gujarat. Bombay Pune could also have been done, but, the investments would be way higher. Hence, its not suitable as a first case. And rains can play havoc on the Bombay Pune line.

It is NOT fixed or standard for Japan to give these terms to every country.
Different projects/countries attract different rates.
It also depends which Japanese Ministry covers the loan.
Well, they offered same condition for Indian HSR project also. Currently I am in office neither post the source.
Infact same condition is in Delhi Mumbai Industrial corridor.
They offered same condition to Indonesia in their HSR project.

Get a life.

@WebMaster @Horus @Oscar
Mods please take care of this indiot.

Wait.. So masses don't use these trains & buses?

B/c F logic right?[/QUOTE
what i meant is that these governments dont go for projects that benefits masses which should b priority like health & education... they just go for big projects that are more like tangible projects which represents that particular government so they can use that project to get votes....

Bombay Pune could also have been done, but, the investments would be way higher. Hence, its not suitable as a first case..

The main costing is done per kilometer of track laid (track alone is responsible for around 85% of the project cost) beside few other factors and coaches.

Mumbai Pune distance:

temp17.png

Mumbai Ahmedabad distance:

temp18.png

Less KM = Less expense.

I am visiting Varanasi for as a part of an advance team to facilitate the prep :)

OT - The reason I have been commenting less is to do with Abe's visit which has me running helter-skelter

Welcome to My Place !

"The rate of interest and repayment time proposed by Japan are extremely attractive for India.

This has been possible only because of the push by the PMs of both the countries. We are hopeful this will also prompt other countries to go for lower interest rates for our infrastructure projects," said a PMO official.

Given the scale and novelty of the project, the Japanese government is keen to discuss every little detail to avoid any misinterpretation in future, sources said. Besides firming up costs, there are details on technology transfer, skilled labour, equipment manufacturing and maintenance that have to be finalised. The aim is to ensure the project is operational by 2024.

Read more at:
Delhi & Tokyo may ink pact for India’s first Bullet Train during Japanese PM Shinzo Abe’s visit - The Economic Times

This official is unprofessional and it's unlikely that some other HSR builders will offer lower financing expenses considering Yen's close to 0 interest rate.

2024 is a mission impossible the earliest operational year could be 2027 if everything goes smoothly.

@mehboobkz
This is for industrial corridor.
The JICA loan carries a nominal interest rate of 0.1% (there is an additional cost of 7% for hedging the currency risk which the Indian Railways as equity investor will pay to the finance ministry after a 10-year moratorium). It is the principle resource for the 1,502-km corridor, connecting Dadri in Uttar Pradesh to Mumbai, traversing four states — Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra. While the total construction cost of WDFC is estimated to be around Rs 46,200 crore, a few thousand crores are being spent additionally for land acquisition. The Indian Railways is the equity investor in the project with a debt-equity ratio of 3:1 (the debt component was originally conceived to be less but was later enhanced).
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) | Indian Railway News

Both Chinese and Japanese HSR's are good,but japanese are providing much more financial assistance,it's the obvious choice

This official is unprofessional and it's unlikely that some other HSR builders will offer lower financing expenses considering Yen's close to 0 interest rate.

2024 is a mission impossible the earliest operational year could be 2027 if everything goes smoothly.

Japanese execute their projects well in time.

That is only when we are spending our OWN money. This is Free Japanese money so we can even build a useless Taj Mahal with it.

Its a Japanese loan, that India has to pay back with an interest (however little)

we are actually wasting our time by staying with you. I thing western states should get independence from India because we are unfair and preferring our native place.
:)

Guju gang of Amitbhai and Modi bhai flanked by guju baniyas = Ambani & Adani.

15,000 crore damage in Tamilnadu.
Amma asked 5000 crores towards immediate relief.
Modi gave 1000 crore.

He is holding back war widows on #OROP.
When it comes to fight elections a la Bihar; He asks Biharis...Kitne du? 50? 60? 70? 80? main tumko 1 lakh crore dunga.
Modi = A rapacious character politician.

screen_shot_2015-04-28_at_2.46.53_pm.png

BN-IB453_0424jt_M_20150424015538.jpg

Its a Japanese loan, that India has to pay back with an interest (however little)

Pay back after 50 years with 0.1 % interest ? :cheesy::cheesy:

Its as good as free money. I will be dead in 50 years and India will be a 40 Trillion $ economy by then.

Payback will be peanuts. I fact there is a good chance that Indian currency is stronger than the US by then :P ...... so we will end up paying very little then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom