What's new

Delete Think Tank Inactive Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah---right----make the denominator LOWEST COMMON---make the threshold---LOWEST POSSIBLE----.

Think Tank is someone who starts an ORIGINAL discussion---takes a leading role in it---is informative about world affairs---understands the ability to talk and make deals---understands the psyche of the opponent and allies and how to work them.

In a ideal world yes. This is PDF, it has it's flaws and some dumb as a rock TTA's, but you have some exceptionally good people too.

Nonetheless I enjoy both your and @araz ' s post. I would definitely take you both out for steak.:cheers:

I agree. But what if someone has a lot more than the requirements above, but they aren't in a position to disclose it on a public / online website?

Hi,

But they can disclose a minimum----I can feel that there are so many of them on this board.

That is why I also believe that the webmaster and a designated administrator should have discretionary powers to install someone to lead other than the recommendations made by other members---.

This BOARD's true potential to PROJECT PAKISTAN has been lost by short sightedness and a lack of understanding of the changing world.

This board---if run properly---could have projected Pakistan like never before----. And it is a shame that such a wonderful opportunity was lost.

In a ideal world yes. This is PDF, it has it's flaws and some dumb as a rock TTA's, but you have some exceptionally good people too.

Nonetheless I enjoy both your and @araz ' s post. I would definitely take you both out for steak.:cheers:

Okay---next time I am flying to Pakistan---I make a couple of day's stay in Dubai and take you up on your offer.

And you know what---if there is no fight amongst the generals over a plan----that plan has flaws.

Yeah---right----make the denominator LOWEST COMMON---make the threshold---LOWEST POSSIBLE----.

Think Tank is someone who starts an ORIGINAL discussion---takes a leading role in it---is informative about world affairs---understands the ability to talk and make deals---understands the psyche of the opponent and allies and how to work them.

Hi,

I resigned my commission from the TT---and you know very well---and I have stated that many a times.

The real face of a person comes out in diversity----. Just because of a personal dislike of me---YOU JUST LIED---.

You pose to be pretty religious at times in your posts----you need to be ashamed for lying----but maybe being honest and religious is a façade.
This is the same resignation that every politician gave when they were supposedly asked to leave. And by the way did you resign from pakdef.info and sinodefence.today as well. Mastan khan I know the inside story of why you faced the music on this forum. You can tell people whatever you want. As I have said I wont say anymore.
As of now I am beyond caring. If you want ask Webby to come and explain what exactly happened if you want to. I dont want to carry on with this debate anymore.
Araz signing out for good on this thread.
PS--Please put me on your ignore list and this is my last interaction with you.

This is the same resignation that everh politician gave when they were supposedly asked to leave. And by the way did you resign from pakdef.info and sinodefence.today as well. Mastan khan I know the inside story of why you faced the music on this forum. You can tell people whatever you want. As I have said I wont say anymore.
As of now I am beyond caring. If you want ask Webby to come and explain what exactly happened if you dont want to. I dont want to carry on with this debate anymore.
PS--Please put me kn your ignore list and ghis is my last interaction with you.

You are addressing me pappy---I am not----I am just responding to what you are saying.

And---take out those posts that I wrote about resigning from TT---and post them here without making any changes and let the people be the judge.

Basicallyy---what I am saying is---TT is not worth it----delete it---.

This is the same resignation that every politician gave when they were supposedly asked to leave. And by the way did you resign from pakdef.info and sinodefence.today as well. Mastan khan I know the inside story of why you faced the music on this forum. You can tell people whatever you want. As I have said I wont say anymore.
As of now I am beyond caring. If you want ask Webby to come and explain what exactly happened if you want to. I dont want to carry on with this debate anymore.
PS--Please put me on your ignore list and this is my last interaction with you.
Lets say mastankhan was kicked off the tta position, his original post was abt tta's writing one quality article in 30 days. Or maybe 60 days.

Was his post/suggestion worth the insults u threw at him and threatening to disclose some past stories.?

What agitates many members here is the title itself. The role that most PDF Think Tank Analysts fulfill has zero resemblance to what real world think tank staff do, so the title creates expectations that cannot be met. If the title were changed to something more accurate, like "PDF Cadre," I suspect that 99% of the complaints would disappear.

@MastanKhan This is a tidy way to close the circle. We discussed this very issue shortly after I first joined PDF, you may recall:

Think Tank Analysts and Site Staff

Between the titled users I missed at the time, and the appointments that have been made since, there are probably in excess of 100 titled users on PDF now, so the appropriate conclusion to draw is that there is nothing selective about the title. Most users are confounded by the apparent conflict between the stated criteria in this thread and the actual TTA appointments. Instead, one should study the particular behavior patterns of users who have been appointed to TTA status over the last year to discern what the true criteria are for elevation. This was hinted at by @Syed.Ali.Haider 's clever and subtle comments in the writer's contest thread predicting who will be appointed next to the TTA role.

The PDF staff have their own criteria and their own vision for how PDF should develop, and will not be influenced to change. Therefore, one can accept this under the rubric of "their site, their rules," or one can decide that it's time to move on and look for a better fit elsewhere.

What agitates many members here is the title itself. The role that most PDF Think Tank Analysts fulfill has zero resemblance to what real world think tank staff do, so the title creates expectations that cannot be met. If the title were changed to something more accurate, like "PDF Cadre," I suspect that 99% of the complaints would disappear.

@MastanKhan This is a tidy way to close the circle. We discussed this very issue shortly after I first joined PDF, you may recall:

Between the titled users I missed at the time, and the appointments that have been made since, there are probably in excess of 100 titled users on PDF now, so the appropriate conclusion to draw is that there is nothing selective about the title. Most users are confounded by the apparent conflict between the stated criteria in this thread and the actual TTA appointments. Instead, one should study the particular behavior patterns of users who have been appointed to TTA status over the last year to discern what the true criteria are for elevation. This was hinted at by @Syed.Ali.Haider 's clever and subtle comments in the writer's contest thread predicting who will be appointed next to the TTA role.

The PDF staff have their own criteria and their own vision for how PDF should develop, and will not be influenced to change. Therefore, one can accept this under the rubric of "their site, their rules," or one can decide that it's time to move on and look for a better fit elsewhere.

Considering the abundant "proliferation" of these "Titled Users" (as you put it) there seems to be one hanging on every alternate tree-branch. But with what intention/purpose on the Forum...... may be a "Sorcerer's Secret" !

That is just the numbers game. Now, considering their actual contribution to augmenting/increasing the Forum's Standards...... seeing some of the dubious contributions, here ...... one cannot but recall the Courts of Imperial Chinese Emperors; where Concubines, Clowns and Eunuchs were elevated to the ranks of Nobility,after gaining Imperial favor.

What a useless thread aimed at starting a witch hunt amongst members.

This is a forum where members spend their spare time, sometimes people are busy sometimes they are not. Don't make this a job that people have to perform in addition to their real life duties. It will only result in them going inactive sooner.
Started by a member who himself was thrown out of T.T, so clearly any "nobility" in this cause is baseless. The objective of the think tank was to bring sanity. Granted, it hasnt worked out in many cases(and I am the first to admit that) but where it has, it has worked wonderfully. Many discussions outside the forum are "guided" and kept on track where possible based on their support.

Contrary to the usual rant based idea that Think tanks should post frequently is based on flooding this forum with ideas (as if we dont have enough already) of "What if the PAF had 35 gazillion dollars?", "What if M.M Alam fought as a tank gunner in the battle of Chawinda, we might have won it".
"What if the Pakistan Army flew the fighters and the airforce fought on the ground?", "What if the Navy ditched all its submarine for WWII battlecruisers fitted with missiles". "What if pigs flew?"

I would rather wait 6 months for one good idea(which does come), than have them churning out nonsense every three hours.

I do not disagree with this issue, but that is compounded by my very issue with all the other titles of "SENIOR, ELITE" and so on. These are based on who posts more nonsense first rather than who actually posts good stuff. I am not sure how to take an ELITE member whose time is usually spent posting pictures of women in skimpy clothes.
There is NOTHING elite about posting more or SENIOR or so on. We have members here who joined in 2008 and have only posted 300 times with each of those worth reading, and members who joined last year who have posted 20000 pieces of trash but have that SENIOR title to them.

That being said, the "PDF Cadre" moniker aside, there has been induction of good posters within the ranks to offset any "Cadre" complaints and they do their title Justice.

At the end this is an online forum, with anyone capable of stating who they are. Chances are that leave a few, most are quite the opposite to what they claim to be here. The internet gives that ability to claim anonymity to fat couch potato men to claim they are the next incarnation of Angelina Jolie. But that anonymity also means that someone does not get hunted down for their opinion and shot in the head because we have no shortage of nuts in Pakistan.

At the end, this is all much ado about something that is being addressed by better informed people.

Started by a member who himself was thrown out of T.T, so clearly any "nobility" in this cause is baseless. The objective of the think tank was to bring sanity. Granted, it hasnt worked out in many cases(and I am the first to admit that) but where it has, it has worked wonderfully. Many discussions outside the forum are "guided" and kept on track where possible based on their support.

Contrary to the usual rant based idea that Think tanks should post frequently is based on flooding this forum with ideas (as if we dont have enough already) of "What if the PAF had 35 gazillion dollars?", "What if M.M Alam fought as a tank gunner in the battle of Chawinda, we might have won it".
"What if the Pakistan Army flew the fighters and the airforce fought on the ground?", "What if the Navy ditched all its submarine for WWII battlecruisers fitted with missiles". "What if pigs flew?"

I would rather wait 6 months for one good idea(which does come), than have them churning out nonsense every three hours.

I do not disagree with this issue, but that is compounded by my very issue with all the other titles of "SENIOR, ELITE" and so on. These are based on who posts more nonsense first rather than who actually posts good stuff. I am not sure how to take an ELITE member whose time is usually spent posting pictures of women in skimpy clothes.
There is NOTHING elite about posting more or SENIOR or so on. We have members here who joined in 2008 and have only posted 300 times with each of those worth reading, and members who joined last year who have posted 20000 pieces of trash but have that SENIOR title to them.

That being said, the "PDF Cadre" moniker aside, there has been induction of good posters within the ranks to offset any "Cadre" complaints and they do their title Justice.

At the end this is an online forum, with anyone capable of stating who they are. Chances are that leave a few, most are quite the opposite to what they claim to be here. The internet gives that ability to claim anonymity to fat couch potato men to claim they are the next incarnation of Angelina Jolie. But that anonymity also means that someone does not get hunted down for their opinion and shot in the head because we have no shortage of nuts in Pakistan.

At the end, this is all much ado about something that is being addressed by better informed people.

So..... this system itself is all broken and decrepit.
Where every thing is measured by the Kilogram or Dozens or Scores of posts..... is'nt that what all the ranks boil down to?
As for the "Duly Anointed", "Titled Users", "Label-Wallas"; a good lot of them have been seen in action..... over protracted periods of time..... to not engender much confidence.

Better to have just two categories: the "Peasant/ Ordinary Members" and then the "Moderators/ Enforcers/ Capos".
Simple and efficient......

So..... this system itself is all broken and decrepit.
Where every thing is measured by the Kilogram or Dozens or Scores of posts..... is'nt that what all the ranks boil down to?
As for the "Duly Anointed", "Titled Users", "Label-Wallas"; a good lot of them have been seen in action..... over protracted periods of time..... to not engender much confidence.

Better to have just two categories: the "Peasant/ Ordinary Members" and then the "Moderators/ Enforcers/ Capos".
Simple and efficient......
Not at all. Many ranks boil down to good posters. The idea of the TT or Analysts or Cadre was(whether it works completely I wont comment on) is to have that distinguishing feature that a comment from this person is worth the salt as compared to the ramblings from another. How well it has worked, well.. Im just a moderator who gets to see posts from almost every section on this forum more often than not.. so Ill go with 50/50.
Yet, whether these members post every day or a month later.. their posts(on a person by person basis) are worth reading.
If it got to the system you recommend, it would just be every fool pretending to know everything and people believing it because somehow that person has been a member since etc etc or has posted etc etc.
I am all for junking the post based titles, but I would still rather know who posts really well. Granted, its more akin to the Emperor system.. but just as Zaid Hamid can attract many people regadless of the utter bufoon he is.. we would be stuck with several Zaid Hamid's posting nonsense and people flocking in to believe it.. simply because there is no way to tell Zaid Hamid's apart from an ACdre Kaiser Tufail.

Now in the grander scheme of things you might even have a Gen Hamid Gul somewhere.. but hey, that is part of reaping from the same crop as the rest.

"their site, their rules,"

Exactly correct. Nothing more needs to be said or understood. Systems achieve only those results they are designed for, as is evident in this present case as well. We may offer opinions and criticisms, but it is the right of those run this forum to run it as they wish, and we must all respect that right.

Exactly correct. Nothing more needs to be said or understood. Systems achieve only those results they are designed for, as is evident in this present case as well. We may offer opinions and criticisms, but it is the right of those run this forum to run it as they wish, and we must all respect that right.
Well said VCheng!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom