What's new

Deadly Russian air raid hits market in Syria's Idlib! Kills over 40 civilians, wounds 70.

anon45

Reaction score
Country
United States
Deadly 'Russian air raid' hits market in Syria's Idlib
Al Jazeera – 3 hours ago

RELATED CONTENT
  • View Photo
At least 44 people were killed and scores wounded on Sunday in a suspected Russian air strike on a crowded marketplace in Idlib province, activists have told Al Jazeera.

The strikes hit the town of Ariha, which is controlled by the Army of Conquest, a rebel alliance which includes the Nusra Front, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

In addition to the market, several other areas of the town were hit, the group said.

Local news channel Ariha al-Youm reported cluster bombs were used in the raid by a Russian fighter jet.

The pro-opposition Orient TV reported an initial death toll of 40.

However, Rami Abdulrahman, director of the observatory, put the death toll much higher, saying at least 60 people were killed and wounded in the attack.

Officials at the Russian defence ministry could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Army of Conquest alliance seized Ariha in May after heavy fighting with forces loyal to the Syrian army, in an offensive that resulted in the entire province falling into rebel hands.

The Russian air force has conducted air strikes in support of President Bashar al-Assad since September 30.

Moscow says it targets the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and other "terrorists," but critics accuse it of targeting other rebel groups more than ISIL.

Russian air strikes have previously hit several Army of Conquest positions in Idlib province.

The province is not a stronghold of ISIL, which controls wide areas of eastern Syria.

how long it would take for PDF Pro-Russian member to denied this "outrageous" allegation

The strikes hit the town of Ariha, which is controlled by the Army of Conquest, a rebel alliance which includes the Nusra Front, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

I think I do not need to remind you of Nursa Front which is the parent group of ISIS. They are basically Terrorist group which killed and terrorist innocent people. Just becos their name is not ISIS does not mean they are not extremist. So if Al Qaeda is not ISIS then is must be moderate rebel group,right?

@Abingdonboy , You see, this is the kind of thing i was saying i will like the RAF to avoid. Reason you see the RAF been very careful in only using precision/targeted strikes on confirmed legitimate enemy targets to avoid civilian casualties. Since its no use killing 100 hundred terrorists and 50 civilians. This only makes things worse, and make family of victims/survivors to join radical groups/take revenge against those who committed such acts , even though we all know Russia didn't do this deliberately. It was merely a mistake/accident. Accident like this do happen in all wars, civilians casualties are merely collateral damage i'm afraid. Sad but true though.

I think I do not need to remind you of Nursa Front which is the parent group of ISIS. They are basically Terrorist group which killed and terrorist innocent people. Just becos their name is not ISIS does not mean they are not extremist. So if Al Qaeda is not ISIS then is must be moderate rebel group,right?
LOL you already started dodging the main point of the article which is civilian casualties that resulted from a Russian air strike on a market. Imagine what you would say if Turkey, the U.S, or another western country did something like this. :whistle:

I'm 180% sure that if this raid was carried out by U.S/U.K then you will not be saying the same thing.:angel::chilli:

I'm 180% sure that if this raid was carried out by U.S/U.K then you will not be saying the same thing.:angel::chilli:

How do you know its really civilian casualities?

In the video, last mins. The spokeswoman is caught lying about bombing of civilian and forced to correct it. o_O

We know Al Jazerra is bought by UAE and UAE hates Russian and is an avid supporter of US. Those western back news agency has a tendency to lie throught media and spread false news.

Al Jazeera – 3 hours ago

RELATED CONTENT
  • View Photo
At least 44 people were killed and scores wounded on Sunday in a suspected Russian air strike on a crowded marketplace in Idlib province, activists have told Al Jazeera.

In addition to the market, several other areas of the town were hit, the group said.

Local news channel Ariha al-Youm reported cluster bombs were used in the raid by a Russian fighter jet.

The pro-opposition Orient TV reported an initial death toll of 40.

However, Rami Abdulrahman, director of the observatory, put the death toll much higher, saying at least 60 people were killed and wounded in the attack.

Officials at the Russian defence ministry could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Army of Conquest alliance seized Ariha in May after heavy fighting with forces loyal to the Syrian army, in an offensive that resulted in the entire province falling into rebel hands.

The Russian air force has conducted air strikes in support of President Bashar al-Assad since September 30.

Moscow says it targets the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and other "terrorists," but critics accuse it of targeting other rebel groups more than ISIL.

Russian air strikes have previously hit several Army of Conquest positions in Idlib province.

The province is not a stronghold of ISIL, which controls wide areas of eastern Syria.

As if you're one to speak. If indeed you're a legit American and not some indian or Asian masking behind the US flag, then all the blood spilled in Syria is in your hands. Your greedy country created ISIS, and now other nations are suffering and taking your blame. Sooner or later, karma is gonna bite back like a biatch.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

As if you're one to speak. If indeed you're a legit American and not some indian or Asian masking behind the US flag, then all the blood spilled in Syria is in your hands. Your greedy country created ISIS, and now other nations are suffering and taking your blame. Sooner or later, karma is gonna bite back like a biatch.

Nice job excusing Russia and Assad hypocrite.

You also clearly did not watch your own video, as it disproves that the US created ISIS. in the first 4 minutes in fact isis was founded to combat the US.

take your conspiracy theories elsewhere, this isn't your thread.

Nice job excusing Russia and Assad hypocrite.

You also clearly did not watch your own video, as it disproves that the US created ISIS. in the first 4 minutes in fact isis was founded to combat the US.

take your conspiracy theories elsewhere, this isn't your thread.

You must have comprehension issues; whom may I ask, created this power vacuum in the region? Which conniving nation is supporting rebel groups later turned terrorist groups? Most importantly, which greedy and aggressive nation invaded another for its oil reserve? If you have trouble answering any of the above, please refer to said video posted prior.

There is one terrorist organisation on this planet, and it's not in the Middle East.

'America, exporting terrorism to the world since 1776.'

Last edited:
You must have comprehension issues; whom may I ask, created this power vacuum in the region? Which conniving nation is supporting rebel groups later turned terrorist groups? Most importantly, which greedy and aggressive nation invaded another for its oil reserve?

There is one terrorist organisation on this planet, and it's not in the Middle East.

'America, exporting terrorism to the world since 1776.'

Nah, You clearly swallow whatever anti-american shit comes at you.

We shoulda stayed in Iraq granted, though I bet you were right there demanding we pull out, and now blame us for doing so.

You outright admit we didn't support terrorist groups, nor did we want these groups to join ISIS.

Yea, a real piece of work you are if you actually believe the US invaded Iraq of all places for its oil.

We shoulda stayed in Iraq granted, though I bet you were right there demanding we pull out, and now blame us for doing so.

You outright admit we didn't support terrorist groups, nor did we want these groups to join ISIS.

Yea, a real piece of work you are if you actually believe the US invaded Iraq of all places for its oil.

And you can eat that capitalist BS right back the minute congress feeds it to ya. Reason why the US government is so good at governing: Because the people it leads are a bunch of fools who take facts given to them at face value. Hence, everyone there is manipulated by the brainwashing people in power to approve their dirty bills.

Now, I'm not saying every bill ever passed was dirty, but your greedy politicians usually* carry out foreign policy out of personal interests. I mean, when's the last time we got to see a Lincoln in power, one that is actually selfless?

And yes, of course you shouldn't withdraw your bloody troops from Iraq. You invaded the bloody place to fool people into thinking you guys were installing some sort of 'democratic system' after you fed the wider public the WMD bogus and reaped the nation of its oil. The least you can do is maintain a degree of peace, amidst the calamity which was brought upon the people of Iraq after your forces invaded and toppled a functioning, though corrupt government.

If sadam have killed one million of iraqis,then US have killed at least 3 millions of iraqis.Why don't you spread the light of democracy to the biggest dictatorship and your dearest arabian ally-saudi arabia first?

If sadam have killed one million of iraqis,then US have killed at least 3 millions of iraqis.Why don't you spread the light of democracy to the biggest dictatorship and your dearest arabian ally-saudi arabia first?

First off no credible source is estimating 3 million iraqi died in the iraq war.
The common number is 500k

second, proof that American soldiers gassed or shot this amount of Iraqis to death.

third. If you blame the US for all Iraqi deaths in Iraq why aren't you blaming Assad for all Syrian deaths?

And you can eat that capitalist BS right back the minute congress feeds it to ya. Reason why the US government is so good at governing: Because the people it leads are a bunch of fools who take facts given to them at face value. Hence, everyone there is manipulated by the brainwashing people in power to approve their dirty bills.

Now, I'm not saying every bill ever passed was dirty, but your greedy politicians usually* carry out foreign policy out of personal interests. I mean, when's the last time we got to see a Lincoln in power, one that is actually selfless?

And yes, of course you shouldn't withdraw your bloody troops from Iraq. You invaded the bloody place to fool people into thinking you guys were installing some sort of 'democratic system' after you fed the wider public the WMD bogus and reaped the nation of its oil. The least you can do is maintain a degree of peace, amidst the calamity which was brought upon the people of Iraq after your forces invaded and toppled a functioning, though corrupt government.

*shrug* pure fluff rhetoric of your own imagining.

not much to reply to except the failed meme of oil. a common fringe theory, of which you can provide no evidence.

In anycase it is without doubt that Russia does not care about civilian casualties. Not surprised at the double standard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom