What's new

David Cameron: Britain Will Never Surrender The Falkland Islands

My answer is quite coherent enough if you can read through the logic and facts there with an elementary level of English reading.

"MALVINAS is a fantasy land somewhere next to Narnia and Never never land" to u.k., but it is NOT such to Argentina people. Argentina people, mainly its fishermen, use that island all the time generations after generations.

As for people who live there now, those are people u.k. get them there. Don't pretend that those are from nowhere. They do not belong there. That claiming Malvinas belongs to those people who currently live there is as insane as that saying: during WWII, nazis went after jewish people, killing all of them, taking all the treasures belonging to jewish people and claiming those belong to whoever currently have them right now.

What does exactly "owning" mean to you??? Putting a flag there??? Whoever currently have it no matter how she/he acquired it??? Are you saying that Argentina fishermen are so dumb that they could not find and use the island by their shore while the u.k. is just so smart to find that island at first from tens of thousand miles away??? Unoccupied??? There are still hundreds of islands at China shore that are still without people living there, and without a Chinese flag there. Why don't you try to grab those as well???

I bet india is also found by you at first as well as so many lands, islands in Africa and other continents as well, right??? Well, now u.k. has to give back almost all of them. Malvinas is just the few remaining relics resulting from the old colonist era. The days that u.k. desperate holding of its few colonist "assets" is numbered.

Your mentioning 82 is just demonstrating that what u.k. would have exactly done if China were weak 30 years ago. thatcher would have dispached another fleet to China's shore, just like what happened in 1840, the first opium war, when asked by China for the return of hongkong.

The reality is that thatcher have tried many tricks not returning hongkong to China until Deng threatened her that if she did not return hongkong, China will take it. I still remember the desperate thatcher falled from the stairs when leaving the people's hall after the meeting.

Well, let's see how long u.k. can hold on the last few pieces from colonist era. BTW, we Chinese still remember all those treasures looted from China, now residing in british museums. We will get our treasures back as well. Don't believe me???

Well, let's see. :)
As you seem to lack the mental capacity to discuss this properly I will spell it out simply so even you can understand. We are not talking about China, or the British Museum- the thread is about Cameron and the Falklands. Thatcher is dead. -when are you going to get that through your head?. So answer me these questions and if you can answer intelligently I will carry on the discussion but all you have offered so far is absolute Brit hating crap. So here you go
1. When were the Falklands first sighted.
2 . Which Englishman landed there in 1690
3. How many people lived there when discovered by that Englishman?
4. What is the treaty of Tordesillas.?
5. When did Argentina get its independence from Spain.?
6. How far was the capital of what is now Argentina from the Islands in 1833?
7. What was the Treaty of Arana? And what did it say concerning land ownership?
8.Why did the British Garrison leave the isIands in 1776? What did they leave?
9.What is the significance of Proximity concerning Sovereignity in International Law?
10. Why does Argentina continually fail to take their bogus claim to the ICJ?
11.Who colonised South America?
12. Who carried out a brutal and illegal invasion of peaceful Islands in 1982?

That is just a starter, look at these questions, come back with answers. I have a feeling you cannot be bothered because it might give you the answers you do not want

You have to ask Argentinians when Falklands first was sighted. However, one thing for sure is that they have discovered Malvinas long before 1690, unless it is assumed that Argentinians then did not know how to use boats and there were no fishermen there as well along Argentinian coast. Absurd, isn't???

As for whether there were people living there, you seem to not understand what I have written so much before at all. Argentinian fishermen use the island as fishing ground or shelter during storm. However, during that time, it was much better off to live at the continent, not the island. Even today, there are a lot of islands along China coast still without any people living there. Chinese fishermen use those islands for different purpose, rest or shelter from storm or etc. Such types of islands exist for many countries even today. Nobody live on those islands but they still belong to their countries, just like Malvinas belongs to Argentina.

BTW, please do not show me those treaties during colonist era. Those spanish, portugal, british, french SOBs went to south american lands to kill off local people, loot the treasures there, just like what they did to other part of the world. Why don't you drag out nanjing treaty signed during opium wars between u.k, france and qing dynasty??? How about those other many unequal treaties arised from opium wars signed during the era with u.k., france, russia, japan, italy and all other countries who invaded China??? How about you ask your prime minister to come China, and demand China to recognize those treaties??? :rofl:

Let me give you another example, just like what signed between spain and britain you indicated. During the earlier 20th century, russia and japan fought in Northeast China, japs won, and japs and russia signed treaties as well to divide China's northeast. Well, China gets her independence later. Should China recognize those treaties signed by russia, and japs regarding China's own territories??? You seem to have no common sense at all but full of colonist sense. You ask Argentinians to recognize those unequal treaties signed by two colonist countries regarding its own territories??? How absurd.

Argentina's claim over Malvinas is perfectly legal. Its proximity to Argentina and the lands used by Argentinians many generations and way before u.k. is more than enough to support its claim. Sovereignty in International Law??? You think u.k., france, italy and etc exterminated local people, grabbed lands from the world, stayed there long enough, then the land become yours???

It is great that most people from suppressed lands got awakened, driving bastards from u.k., france, italy, holland and etc out of the occupied lands, continents. Well, the job is not totally done, though a great deal was finished.

Just like the dog fights between those colonist countries in south america, north america, south asia, africa and many parts of the world, as well as the so-called treaties signed by those SOBs who tried to use the so-called treaties to divide the looted treasures, sooner or later,
what goes around comes around.

As you seem to lack the mental capacity to discuss this properly I will spell it out simply so even you can understand. We are not talking about China, or the British Museum- the thread is about Cameron and the Falklands. Thatcher is dead. -when are you going to get that through your head?. So answer me these questions and if you can answer intelligently I will carry on the discussion but all you have offered so far is absolute Brit hating crap. So here you go
1. When were the Falklands first sighted.
2 . Which Englishman landed there in 1690
3. How many people lived there when discovered by that Englishman?
4. What is the treaty of Tordesillas.?
5. When did Argentina get its independence from Spain.?
6. How far was the capital of what is now Argentina from the Islands in 1833?
7. What was the Treaty of Arana? And what did it say concerning land ownership?
8.Why did the British Garrison leave the isIands in 1776? What did they leave?
9.What is the significance of Proximity concerning Sovereignity in International Law?
10. Why does Argentina continually fail to take their bogus claim to the ICJ?
11.Who colonised South America?
12. Who carried out a brutal and illegal invasion of peaceful Islands in 1982?

That is just a starter, look at these questions, come back with answers. I have a feeling you cannot be bothered because it might give you the answers you do not want

I am quite amaze to see people calling Argentina weak during the Falklands war

Argies army were no way coined weak to begin with, if you look at both the equipment and the casualty report from the UK you would see Argentina is not weak at all

Hell, argentine navy even use the same ship British is using on their own fleet during Falkland war

The only weak things is the command structure, and that would lead to a weak will to fight

All talk aside, Falkland would never ever going back to Argentina now that the British blood is shed. UK actually do have plan to return Falkland to Argentina and let the people choose, they choose England, and you got to respect that

It would not be easy for Argentina to invade Falklands now, you can only invade another piece of land when you have at least partial population support, and argentine have 0.5% support in Falklands, according to last election

You have to ask Argentinians when Falklands first was sighted. However, one thing for sure is that they have discovered Malvinas long before 1690, unless it is assumed that Argentinians then did not know how to use boats and there were no fishermen there as well along Argentinian coast. Absurd, isn't???

As for whether there were people living there, you seem to not understand what I have written so much before at all. Argentinian fishermen use the island as fishing ground or shelter during storm. However, during that time, it was much better off to live at the continent, not the island. Even today, there are a lot of islands along China coast still without any people living there. Chinese fishermen use those islands for different purpose, rest or shelter from storm or etc. Such types of islands exist for many countries even today. Nobody live on those islands but they still belong to their countries, just like Malvinas belongs to Argentina.

BTW, please do not show me those treaties during colonist era. Those spanish, portugal, british, french SOBs went to south american lands to kill off local people, loot the treasures there, just like what they did to other part of the world. Why don't you drag out nanjing treaty signed during opium wars between u.k, france and qing dynasty??? How about those other many unequal treaties arised from opium wars signed during the era with u.k., france, russia, japan, italy and all other countries who invaded China??? How about you ask your prime minister to come China, and demand China to recognize those treaties??? :rofl:

Let me give you another example, just like what signed between spain and britain you indicated. During the earlier 20th century, russia and japan fought in Northeast China, japs won, and japs and russia signed treaties as well to divide China's northeast. Well, China gets her independence later. Should China recognize those treaties signed by russia, and japs regarding China's own territories??? You seem to have no common sense at all but full of colonist sense. You ask Argentinians to recognize those unequal treaties signed by two colonist countries regarding its own territories??? How absurd.

Argentina's claim over Malvinas is perfectly legal. Its proximity to Argentina and the lands used by Argentinians many generations and way before u.k. is more than enough to support its claim. Sovereignty in International Law??? You think u.k., france, italy and etc exterminated local people, grabbed lands from the world, stayed there long enough, then the land become yours???

It is great that most people from suppressed lands got awakened, driving bastards from u.k., france, italy, holland and etc out of the occupied lands, continents. Well, the job is not totally done, though a great deal was finished.

Just like the dog fights between those colonist countries in south america, north america, south asia, africa and many parts of the world, as well as the so-called treaties signed by those SOBs who tried to use the so-called treaties to divide the looted treasures, sooner or later,
Nope cant even be bothered to read that rambling crap. Done with you, as you do not seem to be able to apply intelligent debate. Bottom line is, the Falklands are British and will remain so.

falkland-islands.jpg

The Picture says it all!

Argentinians ARE DESCENDANTS OF EUROPEAN COLONISTS. "Argentina" was founded by Spanish colonists who slaughtered the native ameridian population. Currently, Argentina's population is over 90% white caucasan, of European descent. The white Spanish colonists in Argentina then revolted against Spain, just like the white Anglo Americans in the United States rebelled against the white British for independence. In the 19th century, there were further massive immigration of white Europeans to Argentina.

In fact, Argentina is one of the sole Latin American countries with a majority population descended from white, European colonists. The natives of Argentina only number around 600,000 out of the 42 million population. The current Argentine President Cristina Kirchner is of Spanish-German descent.

Demographics of Argentina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As with other areas of new settlement such as Canada, Australia, the United States, Brazil, New Zealand and Uruguay, Argentina is considered a country of immigrants.[19] When it is considered that Argentina was second only to the United States (27 million of immigrants) in the number of immigrants received, even ahead of such other areas of new settlement like Canada, Brazil and Australia;[9][10] and that the country was scarcely populated following its independence, the impact of the immigration to Argentina becomes evident.

Most Argentines are descended from colonial-era settlers and of the 19th and 20th century immigrants from Europe. An estimated 8% of the population is Mestizo, and a further 4% of Argentines are of Arab (in Argentina the Arab ethnicity is considered among the White people, just like in the USA Census) or Asian heritage.[20] In the last national census, based on self-identification, 600,000 Argentines (1.6% of the population) declared to be Amerindians[18] Most of the 6.2 million European immigrants arriving between 1850 and 1950, regardless of origin, settled in several regions of the country. Due to this large-scale European immigration, Argentina's population more than doubled.

Immigrant population in Argentina (1869–1991)

The majority of these European immigrants came from Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Switzerland, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, Poland, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the Ottoman Empire, Russia, Ukraine, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Belgium, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Bulgaria, Armenia, Greece, Lithuana, Estonia, Latvia and several other regions.
Italian population in Argentina arrived mainly from the northern Italian regions varying between Piedmont, Veneto and Lombardy, later from Campania and Calabria;[21] Many Argentines have the gentilic of an Italian city, place, street or occupation of the immigrant as last name, many of them were not necessarily born Italians, but once they did the roles of immigration in Italy the name usually changed. Spanish immigrants were mainly Galicians and Basques.[22][23] Millions of immigrants also came from France (notably Béarn and the Northern Basque Country), Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Finland, Russia and the United Kingdom.[24] The Welsh settlement in Patagonia, known as Y Wladfa, began in 1865; mainly along the coast of Chubut Province. In addition to the main colony in Chubut, a smaller colony was set up in Santa Fe and another group settled at Coronel Suárez, southern Buenos Aires Province.[25] Of the 50,000 Patagonians of Welsh descent, about 5,000 are Welsh speakers.[26] The community is centered around the cities of Gaiman, Trelew and Trevelin.[27]

Immigration to Argentina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History of Argentina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As much as I oppose imperialism (including British imperialism), I cannot abide by stupidity.

I am quite amaze to see people calling Argentina weak during the Falklands war

Argies army were no way coined weak to begin with, if you look at both the equipment and the casualty report from the UK you would see Argentina is not weak at all

Hell, argentine navy even use the same ship British is using on their own fleet during Falkland war

The only weak things is the command structure, and that would lead to a weak will to fight

All talk aside, Falkland would never ever going back to Argentina now that the British blood is shed. UK actually do have plan to return Falkland to Argentina and let the people choose, they choose England, and you got to respect that

It would not be easy for Argentina to invade Falklands now, you can only invade another piece of land when you have at least partial population support, and argentine have 0.5% support in Falklands, according to last election
In an effort to divert Argentinas people from their own short comings, the Junta carried out the invasion of the Falklands in 1982 believing that the British would not respond. The Argentine military were an untried force, only dealing with insurgency in their own country. (Indeed it is believed that up to 30,000 Argentinians died or 'disappeared' in Argentina between the 1970's and 1982.) They were to oppose the British military with years of combat experience , better training and discipline. What force were there to face the invaders? 68 Royal Marines and some members of the Falklands Islands Defence Force, who acquitted themselves well and inflicted casualties on the attackers including fatalities, before being ordered to surrender by Governor Rex Hunt (2000 against 80 or so men is an uneven fight). So the Argentines, full of boastful latin bravado and bluster got a big shock. And the problems for them only increased over the 74 days they were on the Islands. I now correspond with some Argentine veterans, decent men, 19-20 years old or so in '82 who actually believed they were going to 'liberate' the Islands from 'British Occupation' and that the Islanders spoke Spanish! They were amazed to land and find they were not welcome! Argentina really lost the Psy war big time.. some Military man once said 'Do not keep telling your soldiers you are winning' when it is not true, do not denigrate your enemy, by talking up your Victories and denigrating the enemies operations... Which the Argentine propaganda machine did regularly with frequent TV and news paper stories talking up imagined 'victories' They even claimed they had sunk Hermes, and Canberra-That is the ship which took them home as POW's! Many still claim they sank 'Invincible.. etc. The Argentine Airforce acquitted themselves well in that conflict but as for the Navy-ran for home after Belgrano, The Army- inexperienced, with many officers guilty of very bad leadership and carrying out brutal treatment of their men.. an example, the British were amazed at the quality of food they found belonging to the Argentine Officer Class. food which was denied their own conscripts and other ranks.

Falklands has only 2000 people.

It is irrelevant whether ANY Falkland islander supports them.

Just the invasion force will outnumber the Islanders many times over.

Last edited:
Just as I have told you numerous times: get the hell out of my comments.

Argentinians ARE DESCENDANTS OF EUROPEAN COLONISTS. "Argentina" was founded by Spanish colonists who slaughtered the native ameridian population. Currently, Argentina's population is over 90% white caucasan, of European descent. The white Spanish colonists in Argentina then revolted against Spain, just like the white Anglo Americans in the United States rebelled against the white British for independence. In the 19th century, there were further massive immigration of white Europeans to Argentina.

In fact, Argentina is one of the sole Latin American countries with a majority population descended from white, European colonists. The natives of Argentina only number around 600,000 out of the 42 million population. The current Argentine President Cristina Kirchner is of Spanish-German descent.

Demographics of Argentina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Immigration to Argentina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History of Argentina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As much as I oppose imperialism (including British imperialism), I cannot abide by stupidity.

The logic is crystal clear. The bottom of line is: the so-called british empire is long gone. The majority of its holding is long gone as well. Its desperate hold of the last few pieces is only numbered to be gone as well.

The funny part is that british used to say about every piece of its holding as british's inseparable part. Well, look at now. I cannot refrain from laughing. :rofl:

Nope cant even be bothered to read that rambling crap. Done with you, as you do not seem to be able to apply intelligent debate. Bottom line is, the Falklands are British and will remain so.

Just as I have told you numerous times: get the hell out of my comments.

I exposed your lies again and all you can do is tell me to "get the hell out"- newsFLASH- you don't own this forum, and can't make me "get out" from anywhere.

Everyone who is watching this thread is laughing at your posts- you kept on babbling on about some Argentine fishermen and colonialism, while not realizing that the Argentines themselves are not native, but descendants of European colonists. So the white Argentines are apparently "native amerindians" according to your fantasy history.

What native american tribe were the Italians, Spaniards and Germans again? After all, Argentines are descended from those ethnic groups.

Back
Top Bottom