What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
NATO ramps up defence around the Ukraine with EF's and Rafales:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmTthiJCQAEgdCh.jpg

111781_466258357_BmVpXD2CcAAnWYT.jpg%20large.jpeg

Rafale-Poland.jpg

Apparently all Rafales are of F3+ standard, if true no AESA radar or DDM NG.

Sancho do you know the real reason of Typhoon CFTs?

Real reason? As you said earlier as well, they need it to counter the design flaws of the centerline and inward wingstations. Because without CFTs they can carry heavy weapons only at the wet stations at the wings. Imo they should modify the fighter like Saab did with the Gripen. Remove the gearbay to add more space and hardpoints at the centerliner, which then can hold 2 x heavy weapons or 2 x fuel tanks.

P.S. Did I saw it right, that the Rafales deployed to Poland doesn't have FSO-IR?

139754_233134027_a3fe7a2857_b.jpg

139754_466268059_e56cc530b7_b.jpg

@sancho exactly.
Rafales got both FSO and radars...
Did you notice the squadron insigna were removed? (From Normandie/Niemen Sqd)

really nice jpg is there any info on russian deployments?

No, but I didn't want to go OT anyway, was just interesting to see EF and Rafale in propper A2A configs, although I think France is not taking this too seriously, otherwise they would have deployed their latest fighters.

But the point remains, with the CFTs they won't only counter their design problems, but also will counter Rafales advantages in load configs.

Did you notice the squadron insigna were removed? (From Normandie/Niemen Sqd)
Yes, read about it on the MP forum.

@sancho @Abingdonboy @sandy_3126 @halloweene
Ok. I got the news from long ears that everything in negotiations is done. And contract is awaiting new GOI. Volume of off-shelf purchase is 46 and 16 being dual seaters and 30 single seater to be delivered in 2 years.
I am kinda skeptical on info anybody share the thought ??? Any thoughts on this news ???

Ok. I got the news from long ears that everything in negotiations is done. And contract is awaiting new GOI.
Confirmed, both GoI and Dassualt CEO have said as much.

Volume of off-shelf purchase is 46 and 16 being dual seaters and 30 single seater to be delivered in 2 years.
Hmm, interesting 1/3rd being dual seat, would tally with what the IAF had expressed a little while ago saying they wanted to increase the 2 seat- single seat ratio. 46 off the shelf though? I don't know, am sceptical, for the longest time it has only been 1 SQD off the shelf and I haven't heard any official noise that this was being re-looked at BUT I would be more than happy to see that. I have always wanted the off the shelf number to be around 2 SQDs worth.

to be delivered in 2 years.
Again skeptical but would LOVE to be proven wrong! 2016 delivery instead of 2017 would be music to my ears.

Confirmed, both GoI and Dassualt CEO have said as much.

Hmm, interesting 1/3rd being dual seat, would tally with what the IAF had expressed a little while ago saying they wanted to increase the 2 seat- single seat ratio. 46 off the shelf though? I don't know, am sceptical, for the longest time it has only been 1 SQD off the shelf and I haven't heard any official noise that this was being re-looked at BUT I would be more than happy to see that. I have always wanted the off the shelf number to be around 2 SQDs worth.

Again skeptical but would LOVE to be proven wrong! 2016 delivery instead of 2017 would be music to my ears.
Please do undersand that I am just providing news from long ears nothing confirm. But I wish its true. I preffer 68 off-shelf in 3 years
bite me :rofl: 2015. 16 months ;)

Please do undersand that I am just providing news from long ears nothing confirm. But I wish its true. I preffer 68 off-shelf in 3 years
bite me :rofl: 2015. 16 months ;)
I hope news is true but anyway 46 Rafales in 2 years is simply not possible. May be first sqd in 2 years and rest after.

I hope news is true but anyway 46 Rafales in 2 years is simply not possible. May be first sqd in 2 years and rest after.
I am just messenger. I myself is hoping for 64

@sancho @Abingdonboy @sandy_3126 @halloweene
Ok. I got the news from long ears that everything in negotiations is done. And contract is awaiting new GOI. Volume of off-shelf purchase is 46 and 16 being dual seaters and 30 single seater to be delivered in 2 years.
I am kinda skeptical on info anybody share the thought ??? Any thoughts on this news ???
Too good if true ,man.
Oh boy,u deserve a party :)

BmaN40dCMAA46qO.jpg

French AF Rafale & Polish MiG-29 Fulcrum seen together in Malbork

The first 3-4 deliveries in 2 years would be amazing really. Maybe this is what Dassualt were saying when they said they would be able to fast-track such orders to a foreign AF if orders were made soon from FrAF orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom