What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 3-4 deliveries in 2 years would be amazing really. Maybe this is what Dassualt were saying when they said they would be able to fast-track such orders to a foreign AF if orders were made soon from FrAF orders?

I am having goosebumps:eek::eek:

Real reason? As you said earlier as well, they need it to counter the design flaws of the centerline and inward wingstations. Because without CFTs they can carry heavy weapons only at the wet stations at the wings. Imo they should modify the fighter like Saab did with the Gripen. Remove the gearbay to add more space and hardpoints at the centerliner, which then can hold 2 x heavy weapons or 2 x fuel tanks.

P.S. Did I saw it right, that the Rafales deployed to Poland doesn't have FSO-IR?

139754_233134027_a3fe7a2857_b.jpg

139754_466268059_e56cc530b7_b.jpg
@sancho The Mig 29 Fulcrum in this picture Have IRST.I Just Want To Ask Its OLS or any other if OLS Which Version:-):-)

I am having goosebumps:eek::eek:
Let's hold back these feelings for a few more weeks/months. Nothing will happen until the next GoI is in place and then it is said to take a few weeks for them to get a grasp on day to day running of things. Maybe the next PM will want to start their term with a bang? In the current climate announcing this deal and the effective scrapping of the outdated Mig-21s would be a pretty huge coup for them straight off the bat.....

Let's hold back these feelings for a few more weeks/months. Nothing will happen until the next GoI is in place and then it is said to take a few weeks for them to get a grasp on day to day running of things. Maybe the next PM will want to start their term with a bang? In the current climate announcing this deal and the effective scrapping of the outdated Mig-21s would be a pretty huge coup for them straight off the bat.....

Lets hope for the best dude;)

Ok. I got the news from long ears that everything in negotiations is done. And contract is awaiting new GOI.
Which is the problem, since it can mean anything, fixing the contract, re-evaluating or even cancelling the competition.

Volume of off-shelf purchase is 46 and 16 being dual seaters and 30 single seater to be delivered in 2 years.

Have some doubts on that, 46 would be roughly 2.5 squads, which would be strange and I expect them either to go for 2 or 3 full squadrons, IF they increase the of the shelf procurement.
Also, Dassault is not able to deliver 46 x Rafales in just 2 years, since they have only a rate of production of 11 x per year now. Until the contract is not done, no production increase is likely and even that would take time.

Of course, been doing that for 4 years now ;)

I'm gonna pull a time out of my backside but I'd wager on the deal being signed before August.
Although I was totally against the deal last year,mainly on cost issues but I do realise its probably the best non stealth multirole out there

@sancho The Mig 29 Fulcrum in this picture Have IRST.I Just Want To Ask Its OLS or any other if OLS Which Version:-):-)

Not sure, but most likely the same IAF got through the recent upgrade.

@sancho @Abingdonboy @sandy_3126 @halloweene
Ok. I got the news from long ears that everything in negotiations is done. And contract is awaiting new GOI. Volume of off-shelf purchase is 46 and 16 being dual seaters and 30 single seater to be delivered in 2 years.
I am kinda skeptical on info anybody share the thought ??? Any thoughts on this news ???

Following was my prediction in October 20 , 2013.

To all Indian defence enthusiasts:
Rafale has been selected for MMRCA, there will be no change in that, the only bone in the contention will be fly away platforms produced in DB, they will increase to twice thier numbers (speculation)

My nostradamus-ish predictions for IAF (which @sancho might disagree to)

rafale number will remain between 126- 150 and wont go to 180/200 mark

SU30 numbers will actually increase from 270+ to 335+ with additional orderbook for Super SU 30 (Irkut make), 2nd tranche of MKI upgrade will get Zhuk Aesa and third tranche will get Irbis Aesa radar along with RVV SD/SD

FGFA PMF will enter production only after 2018

LCA mk2 will enter production only after MMRCA is set in stone.

2015? I can't see that bro.
Was kidding bro :rofl:
Thats why I was skeptical. Its not possible in 2 years unless prodcution for India is already started which is again unlikely.

Which is the problem, since it can mean anything, fixing the contract, re-evaluating or even cancelling the competition.
generally GOI will not roll back on previous GOI's decision. But yes a lot of money is involved so cant say that for sure. July last week or Aug first week.

Have some doubts on that, 46 would be roughly 2.5 squads, which would be strange and I expect them either to go for 2 or 3 full squadrons, IF they increase the of the shelf procurement.
Also, Dassault is not able to deliver 46 x Rafales in just 2 years, since they have only a rate of production of 11 x per year now. Until the contract is not done, no production increase is likely and even that would take time.

2 full sqd abd May be half dedicated training Sqd. ????

Last edited:
French AF Rafale & Polish MiG-29 Fulcrum seen together in Malbork

sweet pic

could some1 good at PS please modify it to look like it was all (both fighters and crew uniform) in IAF color?
i'd be very thankful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom