What's new

Current Tensions in Xinjiang-China

Do the Uighurs traditionally use the Arabic script (going by the KFC sign)?

Yes the Uyghurs have traditionally used the Arabic script. They use it in school, newspapers, media, and overall in writing. Just as Pakistanis, Iranians, and others use the Arabic script.

Do not question or criticise moderator decisions in an open forum. Your trouble has just cost you an infraction. Wise are those that take heed.

Nice to know that now the situation is under control.

This time it lasted much less then Tibet case.

According to this CCTV report, Rebiya Kadeer have exploited the GuangDong accident to istigate, through internet, people to do "brave acts".
They have only talked about innocent citizen killed/wounded by rioters. There is no metion on policemen opening fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
@shravan

Bringing modernity means building modern infrastructure like better transportation, elettricity, water depuration, better healthcare, better education ect..

Not that. Is XinJiang region becoming a Han-Chinese majority place ?

To our Nazi-Hindu "friends" who show so much "humanitarian" "concern", please get your facts right. This was a terrorist attack instigated from USA (by terrorist granted asylum there). The attackers were terrorists, the victims are innocents. See below for detailed account.

Total lies from someone who is seriously disconnected from reality. How can you speak of others getting their facts right when you make such statements? Leave us out of this. We are scouring the world for someone who will take the Uiguars so that we DON'T have to send them back to China to be tortured.

You all should keep in mind that China is our ally and friend and we will have to support them in anything they do, in anything!Do you think the BBC , CNN and the western world give a damn about the Uighurs? Boys, they were only searching for a reason to bash China , it doesn't matter if they are uighurs or Tibetians, the aim is to make China look bad. I am sure that the Pakistani people are with China and I am sure this case will soon be investigated. No doubt there is maybe some human rights violation but I can say without doubt that China still has better human rights record than many many other Asian countries or even America! God bless China and its people:china:

This is funny - so much for muslim umma...

You all should keep in mind that China is our ally and friend and we will have to support them in anything they do, in anything!Do you think the BBC , CNN and the western world give a damn about the Uighurs? Boys, they were only searching for a reason to bash China , it doesn't matter if they are uighurs or Tibetians, the aim is to make China look bad. I am sure that the Pakistani people are with China and I am sure this case will soon be investigated. No doubt there is maybe some human rights violation but I can say without doubt that China still has better human rights record than many many other Asian countries or even America! God bless China and its people:china:

So disgusting.. I am ashamed of a fellow muslim...u Have lost the right to comment on any situation regarding muslims around the world.

So disgusting.. I am ashamed of a fellow muslim...u Have lost the right to comment on any situation regarding muslims around the world.
Alright you can go back to your gutterhole now.:)We do what is in over national interest.Except Kashmiris we dont give 2 shits about Indian Muslims.

whatttt?:woot:...sounds like religious discrimination right there.

man! please dont be so satiric, i can understand your doubt about the fact that chinese goverment give more right to the Uigur than the han chinese. because chinese is a multiracial nation (56 nation) but han nation chinese is the main part of the population , so ,in order to maintain the stable ,united and harmonious society. goverment should have to give more right to the minority like the Uigur than the han chinese!
such as ,china have the one child policy ,but it's only for han chinese ,not suit for the minority.such as Uigur parent can many child if they want. and also ,the minority like Uigur students can get some bonus point and extra credit during multifarious competitive examination. and other more right than the han chinese! however ,it's not easy for some small part Uigur young people to get a job ,because they can not speak chinese , this is a problem , the reason is that in order to maintain and protect the traditional Islamic cluture for the Uigur muslem . goverment allow the Uigur to build their own traditonal school to teach the traditonal Islamic character and language .but some will learn chinese during the middle school. so nowday, some Uigur can speak chinese, some can speak very little ,some can not at all. so ,will hard for their job hurnting if not good at chinese. so ,this small part people will be critical of society. and also these small part Uigur Were instigated and organizated by some Uigur split organization and splittist which had been exiled ,flee to some western country!
and our indian friend, many country are multinational , indian also , many country have the splittist . indian also have this problem , so ,we are all developing country , we all get a lot of problem ,it's not easy and no perfect work to satisfy all people. i hope indian friend can be practical and realistic to the riot during Urumchi china , dont believe the bia and twist news from the BBC, CNN, (those media are not stay on the on the side of those mobs and splittist ) the mobs are only small part of the Urgur. most of them are peace loveing.
i am sorry , i have try to express my idea ,but so poor my english ,!
thanks

i just want to ask indian friends in this forum! do you all believe western media like BBC,CNN ? but ,there are so many difference report between indian local media and western media , sometimes the western media get a completely different contrary,bias,twisted report compare to indian media on the same issue about indian ? so ,who should we believe?? it's no good to provide indian people all news from western media about china . sometime it will misguiding to all indian. and it's no good to the intercommunion and understanding between two nations! by the way, i found a phenomena ,that the chinese media can be practical and realistic to report the indian according to the indian media ,but not the western media . but why when anything happen in china ,the indian media always get all news from western media ,and then make a bias and satiric report. we are all developing country ,should to undertand to each other more; but should not be believe everything from western media !.
thans

Really. In china an Imam is bound to be inside the mosque only. He can't say or propagate the teachings of muslim outside the mosque.

Such an autonomy .

i forgive you for your ignorance and bias to china! do you really know china?? how many news you get from china? fromBBC.CNN, do you know how many indian reporter in china? only 1 since 2008, anyway ,i hope indian can send more their reporter to china to provide a real china to indian people . but get everything from western media !

i just want to ask indian friends in this forum! do you all believe western media like BBC,CNN ? but ,there are so many difference report between indian local media and western media , sometimes the western media get a completely different contrary,bias,twisted report compare to indian media on the same issue about indian ? so ,who should we believe?? it's no good to provide indian people all news from western media about china . sometime it will misguiding to all indian. and it's no good to the intercommunion and understanding between two nations! by the way, i found a phenomena ,that the chinese media can be practical and realistic to report the indian according to the indian media ,but not the western media . but why when anything happen in china ,the indian media always get all news from western media ,and then make a bias and satiric report. we are all developing country ,should to undertand to each other more; but should not be believe everything from western media !.
thans

2008nnd, there seems to be a big cultural misunderstanding here between Chinese and Indian members.

You should give us some credit, we've had experience with free media for the past 60 (62-2) years. We've also seen western media, their human rights orgs, evangelists, european parliament etc etc taking india's case in international fora over various issues. We read it all and analyse it. Even our own media is very commenrialised and many times just poor quality, but we KNOW that and we KNOW how to handle it.

Another thing - Indian media many times gives reference to Chinese media too. However, fact remais that Chinese media is govt controlled.

Also, I recommend you visit some respected newspapers like 'the hindu' for a few days, check out their coverage of China and then make up your mind instead of making generalisations about indians.

Also try to understand it as a cultural issue.

i forgive you for your ignorance and bias to china! do you really know china?? how many news you get from china? fromBBC.CNN, do you know how many indian reporter in china? only 1 since 2008, anyway ,i hope indian can send more their reporter to china to provide a real china to indian people . but get everything from western media !

Yes, I'd like to see more Indian reporters in China and more Chinese in India. We need to understand and respect each others culture.

I think Chinese also need to understand how free media and free societies work and not take offence at curiosity.

'Extraordinary defiance'

The BBC's Quentin Sommerville, on the streets of Urumqi, says at least 200 people - mostly elderly women or women with children - have taken to the streets, complaining that their relatives had been arbitrarily arrested.
Mass arrests

The mass arrests have been going on since Sunday's clashes.

Reports are surfacing that police have been going from house to house, rounding up young men for questioning.

The Chinese authorities say they have arrested the "ringleaders" of the protests, but that they are still seeking others.
This is today's news
Page last updated at 05:33 GMT, Tuesday, 7 July 2009 06:33 UK

So much for peace returning.
Seems that PRC has taken all the male Ughirs to prison and that is why all the females are out on the streets to protest

Many hundreds of people, mainly women, have come into the streets.

They are screaming and shouting, "Give us our freedom, give us back our men."

Source

URUMQI, July 7 (Xinhua) -- A Xinjiang official Tuesday vowed severe punishment for the mob in the "deadliest riot since New China was founded in 1949."

Sunday's riot in Urumqi has killed 156 people and injured more than 1,000, the largest number of casualties in any single incident of its kind in six decades.

"The rioters violated laws and harmed the fundamental interests of all Chinese ethnic groups," said Li Zhi, Communist Party of China (CPC) chief of Urumqi.

Police in Xinjiang have arrested 1,434 suspects over Sunday's deadly riot, including 1,379 men and 55 women. They are said to have conducted violent acts of killing, beating, smashing, looting and burning.

While those under arrest might be released if no serious criminal records were found, Li said authorities would not let pass those who were still at large.

Mobs in deadly Xinjiang violence subject to severe punishment: official_English_Xinhua

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom