What's new

Current Tensions in Xinjiang-China

@cloycy

I think you've made a mistake here. XinJiang is NOT their land, but more Han Chinese' land form historical point of view.

The ethnics in XinJiang started off by some nomad tribes such as Qiang, Xiongnu (hun), Kozaks, etc. Han Chinese was alongst the first ethncis to settle there in history, with constant migration happened proir to 220 BC. But mass migration of Han Chinese didn't occur until West Han Dynasty about 190 AD, when Han emporers defeated the nomads and started to promote this kind of Han settlements in the region. However, due to XinJiang's hash climate, it has never been a part of Han Chinese heartlands.

Uigurs originated in today's Tukey, thousands of miles away from XinJiang. How comes XinJing is their homeland, but not Han Chinese'??? Turkic Uigurs didn't mass-migrate into today's XinJing until around Tang Dynasty - about 600-800 AD according to history!!!

Therefore it is a misnomer to say that XinJiang is Uigurs' native land. Han Chinese , alongside with Kosaks, Qiang, Hun and even Moguls are much more entitled to the land objectively speaking.

Why would I be disappointed ?

I am happy that the massacre of the poor ughir muslims has come to a end finally.

Why are you mentioning only uighur muslin as poor innocents? Do you have any idea about who are the targets of these rioters?

From my little understanding and reading... Uighur Muslims are being targeted by PRC for holding a protest rally against the PRC.
The protest rally went bad when the police started shooting them,about 195 (NYT figures) ugihur Muslims died in those shooting, and in that anger the rest of the mob went on a rampage and burnt cars and buses.

What were you thinking?

Uighur exiles deny China riot claim

The protest was originally called after two Uighur workers died at a factory [AFP]

Uighur exiles have rejected Beijing's accusations that they organised riots in China's western Xinjiang province that left at least 140 people dead.

Chinese state media reported on Monday that thousands of people fought with police and set fire to vehicles in the city of Urumqi a day earlier after a protest against the government's handling of an industrial dispute turned violent.

"It is common practice for Beijing to blame outsiders for any problems in Xinjiang, as it does with problems in Tibet," Alim Seytoff, a spokesman for the World Uighur Congress pressure group, told Al Jazeera.

"The root cause of the problem is really the Chinese government's long-standing repressive policies," he said.

Local officials blamed Rebiya Kadeer, a Uighur businesswoman who was jailed for years in China before being released into exile in the US where she now heads the World Uighur Congress, for "masterminding" the unrest.

"Rebiya had phone conversations with people in China on July 5 in order to incite, and websites such as Uighurbiz.cn and Diyarim.com were used to orchestrate the incitement and spread of propaganda," said Nur Bekri, the governor of Xinjiang.

'Profound lesson'

Wang Lequan, the region's senior Communist Party official, said that Sunday's violence was "a profound lesson learned in blood".

"We must tear away Rebiya's mask and let the world see her true nature," he said.
The protest was originally called after two Uighur workers at a toy factory in southern China were killed in a clash with Han Chinese staff late last month.

"This began as a peaceful protest by young Uighurs," Seytoff said.

He said that the clashes broke out when armed police and armoured vehicles moved in to forcefully break up the demonstration, opening fire on protesters.

The clashes were the deadliest outbreak of ethnic unrest to take place in Xinjiang for several years.

About 800 people are thought to have been arrested in the wake of Sunday's clashes, with police reportedly raiding university dormitories in the hunt for others who they believe organised the protest.

The Xinhua news agency said that the situation in the city was "under control" on Monday, with a nighttime curfew imposed and paramilitary police out in force.

'Powerful measures'

Local residents also reported that internet and mobile phone connections in Urumqi were unavilable - a shutdown that is becoming standard practice in areas of China hit by unrest.

"At present, the situation is still seriously complicated, Xinjiang will prevent the situation from spreading to other areas using the most powerful measures and methods and will safeguard regional stability," Nur Bekri said.

About 800 people were reportedly arrested after the unrest [Reuters/CCTV]
One local resident contacted by the Reuters news agency said Urumqi, situated 3,200km west of Beijing, was "basically under martial law".

Witnesses said the protests had spread to Kashgar, a second city in Xinjiang, on Monday afternoon.

A Uighur man told The Associated Press news agency that he was among more than 300 protesters who demonstrated outside the Id Kah Mosque before being surrounded by police, who asked them to calm down.

China has blamed ethnic separatists and Muslim extremists for stoking unrest in Xinjiang over the past decade.

But critics of Beijing say many Uighurs are angry at political, cultural and religious persecution as well as the apparent growing presence in the region of Han Chinese - China's main ethnic group.

Local Han Chinese told news agencies that they were the victims of much of the violence in Urumqi on Sunday
Al Jazeera English - Asia-Pacific - Uighur exiles deny China riot claim

I think Coolyo is right here.

It is the fundamental duty of Pakistan as being an Islamic Republic to support and save Muslims anywhere in the world. Recently 140 of them were killed in China. Pakistan would certainly be a banana republic if it does not stand up to its foundation of 'Save Islam and Muslims from Oppressors and Infidels'.

Millions of Muslims sacrificed their lives for the creation of Pakistan. Was it just that, Pakistan can sell itself to China, when China is actully killing Muslims?

Be a hypocrite in any sense. But, at least save the fundamental notion on which your country was founded.

You talk about Palentine brothers, Kashimiri brothers, Chechyn brothers. Now if Uhighers are not your brothers, then don't tell me it's not hypocrisy.

He would be right if Pakistan has the duty to look after all the muslims around the world. That is a big responsibility and Pakistan cannot take that. Besides, why should Pakistan take that? Pakistan has a responsibility towards its own citizens, which it needs to take care of. Getting involved in other countries internal matters is not what Pakistan can afford at the moment, especially with a country like China. Lets take care of the millions of problems we have and then bother about others.

The idea of Pakistan standing up for muslims all around the world sounds good, but it's really unrealistic and will hurt Pakistan more than anything. When Pakistan starts standing up for people that can contribute almost nothing to its own benefit, it will only hurt itself. Thats why I say that Pakistan needs to be selfish. There is nothing wrong with being a little selfish. In this particular case Pakistanis need to ask themselves if 'freeing East Turkistan' will benefit Pakistan more or having a good relationship with China. I think the answer is quite obvious. Put Pakistan's national interest before anything else.

He would be right if Pakistan has the duty to look after all the muslims around the world.

There was talk of providing arms to Palestine brothers against Israelis by some Pakistanis.

That is a big responsibility and Pakistan cannot take that. Besides, why should Pakistan take that?

Because it has already taken that responsibility. Knock Knock. Who's this? Hey its me, Kashmir.

Pakistan has a responsibility towards its own citizens, which it needs to take care of. Getting involved in other countries internal matters is not what Pakistan can afford at the moment.

That's what India has been saying to Pakistan for so long. But some Generals never understood. Some might me there to repeat the mistakes now again. And I wish they can understand this simple thing you said...

Pakistan has a responsibility towards its own citizens, which it needs to take care of. Getting involved in other countries internal matters is not what Pakistan can afford at the moment.

Thankyou for showing maturity and understanding matters...:)

He would be right if Pakistan has the duty to look after all the muslims around the world. That is a big responsibility and Pakistan cannot take that. Besides, why should Pakistan take that? Pakistan has a responsibility towards its own citizens, which it needs to take care of. Getting involved in other countries internal matters is not what Pakistan can afford at the moment, especially with a country like China. Lets take care of the millions of problems we have and then bother about others.

The idea of Pakistan standing up for muslims all around the world sounds good, but it's really unrealistic and will hurt Pakistan more than anything. When Pakistan starts standing up for people that can contribute almost nothing to its own benefit, it will only hurt itself. Thats why I say that Pakistan needs to be selfish. There is nothing wrong with being a little selfish. In this particular case Pakistanis need to ask themselves if 'freeing East Turkistan' will benefit Pakistan more or having a good relationship with China. I think the answer is quite obvious. Put Pakistan's national interest before anything else.

i would love to hear the same viz a viz india

Then you should also probably stop worry about rioting incidents like Godhra which also happen in India.
And also the the Kashmir Issue.

What say....?

Then you should also probably stop worry about rioting incidents like Godhra which also happen in India.
And also the the Kashmir Issue.

What say....?

I wouldn't put support for Kashmir in the same category as say support for East Turkistan. Godhra I can agree with, its not our business. However, there is nothing wrong with voicing a concern on what happens to muslims in India. Indians did the same about the Sikhs that had to leave the Swat areas recently.

This is ofcourse my own view and I think it will benefit Pakistan. But there is no doubt that a lot of Pakistanis will disagree with me. I think being pragmatic Pakistanis is better than being a country full of emotional muslims. Cheers :D

Racially Uyghirs are more "mongoloid/ch1nkie" than "turkish", "white", "arab" or "indian/pak". However, is RACE more important that TERRORIST GENOCIDE against innocents??? This is not 'turkish' or 'uyghir' land that is being 'stolen' by 'han' as Chinese were here first. Yes, all those 56 ethnic groups are all Chinese. There is no such thing as a single ethnic group that represents Chinese people, and don't try your pathetic attempts at sowing division and discontent!

A fellow poster has described it accurately. These 'turkish' tribes only started THEIR invasion in the since 600-800 AD, and the russians only last 150-200 years. So it is not that the Chinese are taken someone else's land, but they are only claiming what was ORIGINALLY taken from them! Get your facts straight!

Originally Posted by Speeder View Post
@cloycy

I think you've made a mistake here. XinJiang is NOT their land, but more Han Chinese' land form historical point of view.

The ethnics in XinJiang started off by some nomad tribes such as Qiang, Xiongnu (hun), Kozaks, etc. Han Chinese was alongst the first ethncis to settle there in history, with constant migration happened proir to 220 BC. But mass migration of Han Chinese didn't occur until West Han Dynasty about 190 AD, when Han emporers defeated the nomads and started to promote this kind of Han settlements in the region. However, due to XinJiang's hash climate, it has never been a part of Han Chinese heartlands.

Uigurs originated in today's Tukey, thousands of miles away from XinJiang. How comes XinJing is their homeland, but not Han Chinese'??? Turkic Uigurs didn't mass-migrate into today's XinJing until around Tang Dynasty - about 600-800 AD according to history!!!

Therefore it is a misnomer to say that XinJiang is Uigurs' native land. Han Chinese , alongside with Kosaks, Qiang, Hun and even Moguls are much more entitled to the land objectively speaking.

^^^^^^
All that copy paste must have made you tired.
I din't read it...Next time you might want to think of posting interesting lines and give the links so that we can follow them

Coming back to your post
To our Nazi-Hindu "friends" who show so much "humanitarian" "concern", please get your facts right. This was a terrorist attack instigated from USA (by terrorist granted asylum there). The attackers were terrorists, the victims are innocents. See below for detailed account.

You contradict yourself.
You say attackers but the videos show mob violence

This street demonstration seems to be triggered by a vindictive assult against a group of uighur citizens accomplished by a group of han-chinese workers near a toy factory of the region.
Six uighur youth were accused by some han-chinese workers of having harassed and raped 2 ethnic han girl, but the local police didn't found any evidence of rape crime, so no action had been taken against those youth.

Al Jazeera English - Asia-Pacific - Uighur exiles deny China riot claim

So get off CCTV propaganda and read some real news before you flood this forum with use less posting
I wouldn't put support for Kashmir in the same category as say support for East Turkistan.

Why and How?
Are the Ughir Muslim not muslims..are they not in the same continent.

Don't you have a border with China in that province?

Glad to know Godhra is being treated as an internal issue of India.

Last edited:
Karma, nazi-hindu friends, Karma.

Right now you are showing utter LACK of compassion for the bloodshed and beating of these innocent people. That is the seed of karma you are planting in your soul. If you continue to nurture it with a disregard for human suffering (yes, Chinese people are humans too!) this seed will grow and soon overshadow and devour your spirit.

Believe in karma. Have good thoughts and do good deeds and good will come to you. However, have evil selfish uncaring thoughts and commit/support evil deeds then evil will befall you.

However you believe in KARMA or not, your existence is still bound by Karma. Karma is like one's shadow, you cannot grab hold of it in your hands but it exists because the person exists.

Dear Chinese Members and Chinese nation

I understand you love your country and wish to protect your country and fight for it's ambitions and unity. Though I must say to my great allies and genuine friends that I have a legitimate concern and disagreement with you on the issue of E. Turkistan or the Chinese name given to it "Xinjiang".

I want to enlighten the fellow Chinese members on some history that I doubt their government would ever share with them.

In 1933 c.e. The Turkic Uyghurs with a political figure named Sabit Damolla declared independence and founded the Islamic Republic of East Turkistan. East Turkistan had formed an army in place, national institutions, and a national assembly (a legislative branch) after declaring independence.

In 1944 East Turkistan reaffirmed and re-declared it's independence as it struggled to get international recognition by members state who were hostile to any independent Muslim-Turkic states such as China, Russia, Iran, and Britain.

Two years later in 1946, the Chinese PLA invaded East Turkistan. The Chinese PLA where never there before or had any presence in East Turkistan. Chinese PLA eventually defeated the Turkic forces their, and captured and occupied the land from. The occupation today continues.

What is more disturbing is the Chinese have deliberately conducted Nuclear test in East Turkistan near civilian populations, causing the locals to have birth defects, genetic defects, diseases, radiation, and other dreadful pains.

What the Chinese must understand is the Uyghurs are not your people nor is East Turkistan your land it has never belonged to you, only on your state sponsored Communist maps (in regards to China) is East Turkistan truly considered an integral part of China.

Uyghurs are not Chinese or share Chinese heritage, they are a Turkic people who belong to the Turan not to the Chinese motherland. Their language is not Chinese they do not speak Mandarin or Cantonese they speak Turkic. Their culture is also different from yours. Let me reiterate, they are not your people and East Turkistan is not nor has ever been your land!

Today no Uyghur wishes to be apart of China, as a true Uyghur knows his ties and loyalties are with his Turkic and Muslim family. They are restricted to practice Islam freely, attend a Mosque freely, or to do their religious activities without Chinese government approval.

One final thing I would like to mention, is the Chinese are our dear strategic ally and friends, and as friends I strongly and respectfully disagree with you on "Xinjiang", East Turkistan being apart of China. It would be most beneficial to regional peace and security and mutually beneficial to our relationship that China set free East Turkistan.

Something interesting to know. Erasing Turkic history. I must say changing the name of localities to erase their historical belonging and trace of the domestic populace is a page that is also in Israeli occupational policy on Gaza and West Bank.

"During the last half-century, the national and historical names of the cities, towns, mountains, rivers, and lakes in East Turkistan have been replaced with Chinese words as follows (the first names show Chinese replacements and the bold second ones are the national names of the towns): A Ke Su (Aksu), A Ke Tao (Aktav), A Er Tai (Altay), A Tu Shi (Artuş), Ba Li Kuen (Ba Li Kuen), Yi Ning (Gulca), He Tian (Hoten), Ka Shi (Qaşghar), Fu Weng (Köktoqay), Ha Mi (Kumul), Tu Lu Fan (Turpan), Wu Lu Mu Qi (Urumchi), Wu Shi (Üchturpan), etc.

Chinese government maintains the argument that there are no Turkic peoples in Xinjiang (East Turkistan), but several minorities such as the Uyghurs and Qazaqs who have been intermingled with Chinese in early history. The history of this kind of official tendency is rather old in China and even goes back to the nationalist government of Kuomintang period. When several Chinese scholars have written articles based on similar claims, the national politician and scholar of East Turkistan, Mehmet Emin Bughra, has sternly rejected their unscientific arguments. One of the outstanding publications of that period is the book by Mehmet Emin Bugra, entitled "The Pen fight", published in 1944 (Urumchi)(3). The book includes several articles by the Chinese scholar Li Dong Fang who denies the essence of Turkic peoples in East Turkistan and the responses to them by Mehmet Emin Bughra."

Source: The Desperate Situation in East Turkestan and

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom