What's new

Cultural aggression creating demand for Indian goods in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, your culture is not exactly your independent culture, but heavily borrowed from our West Bengali culture. Even your newspapers, magazines heavily use West Bengali version of Bengali, and not any of the East Bengali dialects....what more to say?

I think, you never visited Bangladesh, your assumption is based only by internet. Now-a-days young generation doesn't bother about Nazrul, Rabindra related culture. Newspaper, magazines use only written form of language. It shouldn't have dialect. Dialect of Khulna Division is same as west Bengal. In other parts of the country people dont use that bookish dialect for verbal communication. If you study and research about present literature, poetry, music Bangladesh has much much better novelist, poet, musician. West Bengal culture is followed by some village people and uneducated people who has strange obsession about foreign culture (specially ladies). They follow it, because its a foreign trend for them. Whatever you say, it seems you are biased.

Brother, first make up your mind, our products cannot be 'crappy that no Bangladeshi uses' in one thread, and 'present everywhere in Bangladesh' in another thread. :lol:

Let me know first which one of these two contradictory stances that you take is pure gas talk. :lol:

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/cultural...ods-in-bangladesh.432615/page-8#ixzz4AFrGZQJu

@Rain Man, yahi to panga hai.

We don't care about crappy Indian products and names 15 different Indian brands which are available on every street corner in Bangladesh. :crazy:

On this side of the border, we don't care about bollywood and then they lose their shit when bollywood actors say that they like Pakistani serials. Need for approval is too damn high.:P

Only red parts are similar to West Bengal and Northeast India. Others are not.

03-2013-jib-attacks-hindus1.png

How could West Bengali Hindus join a political campaign under the banner of Muslim League to create a separate homeland for Muslims? There is no 'supposed to be' here...

And Bangladesh is free to decide its ideology and culture, but since Bangladeshis are claiming that they are different in e-v-e-r-y w-a-y, including food, fashion, language, culture, literature, etc., all I am asking you is not to copy/steal/borrow/use any of these things that are remotely similar to ours, and/or completely ours.

And tell me, why Bangladeshis should watch our cinemas through pirated copies, our TV channels through smuggled DTH boxes, and then cry about cultural invasion? Leave our TV programs and cinemas alone @Bilal9 @damiendehorn , period.

Majority of people can decide on something, minority people should respect that, given all have their rights. Bangladeshis are infact different, all hue and cry which is an internal matter. Nobody wanted to discuss with you, its your cousin ryad posted, that is why we are making a song without a tune. Case closed.

Who said you, these are Hindu Buddhist majority areas? Before 1947? Now Apart from CHT hill tracts other areas are not so. Even CHT hill tracts are 50/50.

I think, you never visited Bangladesh, your assumption is based only by internet. Now-a-days young generation doesn't bother about Nazrul, Rabindra related culture. Newspaper, magazines use only written form of language. It shouldn't have dialect. Dialect of Khulna Division is same as west Bengal. In other parts of the country people dont use that bookish dialect for verbal communication. If you study and research about present literature, poetry, music Bangladesh has much much better novelist, poet, musician. West Bengal culture is followed by some village people and uneducated people who has strange obsession about foreign culture (specially ladies). They follow it, because its a foreign trend for them. Whatever you say, it seems you are biased.

If you know Khulna division dialect, you will see its different from bookish Bengali style and has its own flavour.

@BDforever what do you say about Khulna division dialect?

Last edited:
...But like China, our civilization remains - conscious and alive (unlike Persian, Babylonian, Egyptian, etc) And as per our ethos, our early beginning river Indus has sustained our forefathers with life - which we pagans continue to revere to this day (and will do so as long as we remain).

Nation states will come and go. But the consciousness will remain - regardless of internal squabbles - we will still have enough glue to hold us together, we will find enough reasons to stay united than otherwise.

Hope that answers your doubts.

A "consciousness" that was created in the corridors of Oxbridge ;), a consciousness that gained momentum after 1947, a consciousness solely fabricated to divide and rule.

Scholars breathed soul into the concept of a "Hindu nation" as they did with the concept of a "Muslim nation". Never before the era of the British Raj did any Hindu or Muslim solely identify with their religion as a defining 'nationhood' sort of identity.

I rofl'ed at "like China". You're not even the same race of people! Which is exactly why the minority higher caste brahmins (some Central Asian blood) historically discriminated against the large low caste population (mostly local blood)!

put some facts
That is myth. Not facts. 93% of Indus flows through Pakistan. That is a objective fact. What you gave was subjective drivel.

Now go and worship the Holy Ganges please like millions of you do every year. Varanasi?

51432863333_950x600.jpg

Look the reality is. You can play all sort of mental gymnastics or delusions. But the fact is 95% of Indian's are strangers to Indus. They don't and have not ever lived anywhere near close to it. Here have a look at the reality. The geography and not make believe fantasy. I have no idea where you are from India but unless your from Punjab you are as stranger to Indus as Bengali's are to Irrawadi, or Pakistani's to Amu Darya.

The Ganges River is what defines most of India. As evidenced by the millions of pilgrims and millions more Indian's who live by the Ganges. Thus you indeed are Ganga-Landers. Here have a look at the map.Ganges even drains into the Bay of Bengal.

8TFiKUo.jpg

Now Pakistan and Indus. Inextricably linked like Egypt and Nile.

cny2EN1.jpg

I die in shame whenever watch my country's TV Serials. Are they popular in BD. Bloody Damn. :D

Indian sects? Pahahahahaha. We have our own tariqahs in BD like maizbhandari and fultali. Many Bangladeshis are also Salafis, it's not just Deobandis and Tableeghis. We don't copy you

Majority Bangladeshi Muslims are Deobandis, probably there are Sufis and Barelvis also, so.....

Rainman babu, have you had a look at Bollywood lately???? I'm not saying it's copying us but it is clearly trying to copy its neighbours towards the west lmao.

Yet Bangladeshis are crazy about Bollywood so much that it is changing their so called culture.

A local dialect is not a language itself, and the language itself has its roots in Sanskrit. Bangladesh use West Bengali version in books and magazines because even they recognize it as the official version. And yes, you are right, now-a-days young generation doesn't bother about Nazrul, Rabindra related culture, they are into Bollywood now, so much so that Bangladeshis are worried that it is affecting their so called culture.

@Rain Man, yahi to panga hai.

We don't care about crappy Indian products and names 15 different Indian brands which are available on every street corner in Bangladesh. :crazy:

On this side of the border, we don't care about bollywood and then they lose their shit when bollywood actors say that they like Pakistani serials. Need for approval is too damn high.:P

B-I-N-G-O !!! :D

Poor confused souls suffering from identity crisis....:D

First Bangladeshis claimed that they are totally different, now you are showing me red and green map. I think all Bangladeshis should sit together and decide first if they are totally different from us, somewhat different from us, or not different from us barring some local and religious customs, and then come back.

Nobody wanted to discuss with you, its your cousin ryad posted, that is why we are making a song without a tune. Case closed.

Just because you suspect him to be a Hindu (which I doubt), he becomes my cousin and not your fellow Bangladeshi?

It's really sad to see such mentality from majority Bangladeshis toward their minority fellow countrymen, though you are not the first Bangladeshi to show such mentality.....

Just because you suspect him to be a Hindu (which I doubt), he becomes my cousin and not your fellow Bangladeshi?

It's really sad to see such mentality from majority Bangladeshis toward their minority fellow countrymen, though you are not the first Bangladeshi to show such mentality.....

He is more Indian than a Bangladeshi. Bangladesh can go well without people like him. Stop your randi rona if your fellow countrymen can show their teeth here often dont expect a passive response. Its not about hindu, there are other BD Hindu people around but this ryad is a haramkhor right winger. Means he eats in BD but praise India. Which is haram/prohibited. You will see there are other haramkhors who praises country of your west side. Both kinds are unwanted in BD.

Last edited:
He is more Indian than a Bangladeshi. Bangladesh can go well without people like him. Stio your randi rona if your fellow countrymen can show their teeth here often dont expect a passive response. Its not about hindu, there are other BD Hindu people around but this ryad is a haramkhor right winger. Means he eats in BD but praise India. Which is haram/prohibited. You will see there are other haramkhors who praises country of your west side. Both kinds are unwanted in BD.

Ignoring the offensive use of language in your post (which is also not permitted in this forum), I never saw @Riyad praising India, can you quote some of his post where he did that?

Ignoring the offensive use of language in your post (which is also not permitted in this forum), I never saw @Riyad praising India, can you quote some of his post where he did that?

No need to show or waste time on him, his trolling attempts are naked in every other posts.

That is myth. Not facts. 93% of Indus flows through Pakistan. That is a objective fact. What you gave was subjective drivel.

Now go and worship the Holy Ganges please like millions of you do every year. Varanasi?

51432863333_950x600.jpg

Look the reality is. You can play all sort of mental gymnastics or delusions. But the fact is 95% of Indian's are strangers to Indus. They don't and have not ever lived anywhere near close to it. Here have a look at the reality. The geography and not make believe fantasy. I have no idea where you are from India but unless your from Punjab you are as stranger to Indus as Bengali's are to Irrawadi, or Pakistani's to Amu Darya.

The Ganges River is what defines most of India. As evidenced by the millions of pilgrims and millions more Indian's who live by the Ganges. Thus you indeed are Ganga-Landers. Here have a look at the map.Ganges even drains into the Bay of Bengal.

8TFiKUo.jpg

Now Pakistan and Indus. Inextricably linked like Egypt and Nile.

cny2EN1.jpg

Indus river flows through Pakistan and parts of Northwest India. Ganges river flows through India and Bangladesh.
Bangladesh part is called Padma.

575px-India_Rivers_%28de%29.png

We need to stop screening and total ban of these soap operas and mega serials. The I&B ministry must take strict action against these Saas-Bahu serials. The Bangladeshi government must take a strong stand in this and stop screening of these serials.

I want my fellow Indians also to support me in the endeavour. :coffee::enjoy::help:

Majority Bangladeshi Muslims are Deobandis, probably there are Sufis and Barelvis also, so.....

Yet Bangladeshis are crazy about Bollywood so much that it is changing their so called culture.

A local dialect is not a language itself, and the language itself has its roots in Sanskrit. Bangladesh use West Bengali version in books and magazines because even they recognize it as the official version. And yes, you are right, now-a-days young generation doesn't bother about Nazrul, Rabindra related culture, they are into Bollywood now, so much so that Bangladeshis are worried that it is affecting their so called culture.

Bollywood was followed in 90s massively, now-a-days the scenario is changed. The popularity is reduced significantly specially in urban areas. About language, do you want to say Bangla language is invented in west bengal?? After a few decades most of the people will use hindi as their prime language. Bangladeshi books use standard language defined by Bangla Academy, Dhaka. It also uses different spelling to some extent. Don't claim Bangla is west bengal's language. Only 85% of 90 million people use Bangla in west Bengal. on the other hand, 99% of 160 million people in Bangladesh use Bangla in office, school and everywhere. We can say supporter of East Bengal fc brought Bangladeshi culture in west bengal. None of ghotis brought any culture in Bangladesh. After a few decade nothing will be common except 50 alphabets of Bangla language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom