What's new

Crucial Arjun Mk.2 User Trials From June 1

This is mere propaganda.

Army cannot decide in favor of two types of tanks at the same time.
I know you have very serious delusion and self-denial management issues regarding IA,IN and IAF.
I like your approach to the news pertaining them. But alas !I wished your thoughts were on same page that of your General Kayani.

There was never news of 124 tanks being inducted, last i heard was failed user trials.

Then you should read news more regularly - and I mean real news, not the BS that some chinese or pakistani members here keep repeating.

Army places fresh order for 124 more Arjun tanks - The Times of India
Indian Army To Buy Second Batch of Arjun Tanks | Defense News | defensenews.com
Army to buy more Arjun tanks | Arjun tank | | The New Indian Express
http://www.****************/india-orders-124-more-arjun-tanks-26438/

Note that these are all news about 124 MORE arjun tanks, over and above the 124 already inducted. And now about user trials:

Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90
Arjun tank outguns T-90 in desert trial - India News - IBNLive
Fresh orders for Arjun tank as it outmanoeuvres Russian T-90 - Economic Times

What happened in the user trials is that it outgunned, outran and outmaneuvered Russia's (also one of the world's) finest tanks - something much better than anything in pak's arsenal. This is true of many other Indian products, which certain members here keep calling "failed" repeatedly. If you want to be more informed, read real news, not what your friends keep saying on PDF.

Arjun's armour reportedly was shockingly strong to the observers.Kanchan proved its worth by stopping all rounds.t-72 upgraded rounds bounced off from point blank range and t-90 didn't do all that well.Mk 2 is being developed with kanchan composite armour plus the new NERA armour package.But then again we should remember its folly to comapre a medium tank with a heavy 60 ton class tank.

There was never news of 124 tanks being inducted, last i heard was failed user trials.

You should google it! 124 are already inducted!

ARJUN+TANK+PKG+__01280905f-747968.jpg

New+Arjun+tanks+at+the+assembly+line+in+HVF+Avadi.JPG

arjun-tank1.jpg

^^ I guess the one with more wheels is Arjun!
I see Russian tanks side by side.....Are those comparative trial pictures?

What you wrote does not make sense!

When you heard this news ???

I dnt how ELITE MEMBERS like you allowed to troll this much ..... if any Indian member start same about alkalid and jf17 you all start to cry

There were user trial of Arjun in mid 2010.... which were passed only in DRDO accounts!
Even if those were successful, how come you got order from army immediately after? and how come you produced 124 tanks in a period less than 24 months?

Arjun vs T 90: Tank trials to kick off next month - Indian Express

By that time around 48 pre production models had already been produced.Those were modified and introduced into service.Another 124 are being produced atm i think in avadi.
In any case army has moved onto mk2 which will be undergoing trials in june.I know pakistani members like labelling arjun a failure and indians al khalid a copy,but that is a slick badass beast if u ask me by the looks of it.

By that time around 48 pre production models had already been produced.Those were modified and introduced into service.Another 124 are being produced atm i think in avadi.
In any case army has moved onto mk2 which will be undergoing trials in june.I know pakistani members like labelling arjun a failure and indians al khalid a copy,but that is a slick badass beast if u ask me by the looks of it.

From all internal accounts, it actually is an outstanding machine, especially for the desert.

No, it was a full blown military exercise. I dont know why Arjun would be in a comparative trial with a BMP2.

There were user trial of Arjun in mid 2010.... which were passed only in DRDO accounts!
Even if those were successful, how come you got order from army immediately after? and how come you produced 124 tanks in a period less than 24 months?

As per Lt. Gen. Sanjiv Langer (21 corps commander) from the exercises held last December:

It is not our job to be happy. We have objectives, and we have to make do. Nothing is everything you want it to be. I can say that the Arjun has matured. It has gone beyond the point of being in incessant trials. It is inducted and operational now, as you saw in the exercise. But what we are really waiting for is the Arjun Mk.2

Livefist: EXCLUSIVE: India's Arjun Tank In Army's Biggest Wargame

So as per the "current" operational status, 2 regiments of Arjun are operational while the Army is looking towards Mk.2 trials.

Where the hell you found that its failed in user trial ????

Or you just doing your random BS ...

This was not a user trial but to major capacity of Arjun with respect to T90 ... Only if you can read

Frankly speaking,I'm not at all happy with the Arjun MkII if indeed the picture uploaded on BroadSword is really the final MkII.It is dissapointing to see that CVRDE designers steel don't understand the design aspect of a modern tank justlike their Chinese counter parts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom