What's new

Corrupt Noora Nawaz forced to reduce petroleum prices on pressure from PTI

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. I used to enjoy political arguments when both sides had something concrete to say, not like today when PTIans have totally lost all grip on reason and logic. The fact is oil prices have taken a nose dive globally as US shale oil production has increased. Increased supply translates to reduced prices. Simple economics.
Now, whether the reduction of prices domestically is propotional to the reduction in prices globally is all together another matter.
Somebody so naively complained about the lower oil/gasses prices during Zardari's tenure as opposed to today, we'll it's because Zardari's was subsidizing oil heavily specially during the last few months of his govt (just before elections) in a bid to win people's favor thereby straining national economy to the brink of bankruptcy. We, the people, have a short memory, a habit of overlooking shortcomings of previous administration as we blindly criticise every move by a government that we politically differ with. If we want to establish ourselves as a respected and civilized nation, we'll have to embody qualities like tolerance, open-mindedness, and appreciation of every positive step regardless of where it comes from. We have to learn to give credit when and where it is due.
Actually potians (ptians doesn't suit English ) were saying price drop was because of global prices. But as soon as imranclaimed credit, the flocks came for u turn and give credit to Imran

As many say, people follow Imran as if it's a cult

I have no problem with privatization plans but OGDCL is the most profitable organization we have and selling its shares now will be disaster for OGDCL. I did my internship in OGDCL Islamabad and know how well this organization is. We have some other white elephants which we need to sell out but selling OGDCL shares is not a wise decision at all.
10% shares are worth 800m

Also due to oil price drop, govt will net less money. When oil is rising, more money being made. (Stocks based on future prices explorations Etv)They should'nt have changed oil prices much and use profit to pay off debt than selling valuable enterprises.

why cant PTI put more pressures?
does PTI only wanted 15 Rs. price drop?
cant PTI put pressure for local bodies?
cant PTI put pressure for electricity price?
cant PTI put pressure for all the items on their Agenda...ooops they dont have one

oh by the way the most recent joke from the Jokester Khan, saw his speech to clueless youth at Pakistani woodstock in D chowk.

"Mere Pakistanio State bank kehta hay ker sal 125 billion dollars mulk se ja raha hay", who provides these jokes to him PTI must reveal his name because that guy has this tatto around his fingers".
Does he know how much 125 billion is?
does he know Pakistan's exports are around 28 billion, and remittances are 16 billion thats the totals USDs coming into this country 44 billion USD, add 5 billions (stretch) for foreign grants, add another 5 billion (stretch) of foreign investments, add 10 billion for illegal hundi money coming in (another stretch)...totals USD coming in with all the stretches is 64 billion....HTF 125 billion leaves the country....do we print USD?? I have no doubts this clown thinks we can print USD.
imran already has claimed credit for future electricity price drop. It is bound to happen as many plants use oil to produce it. Cheaper oil means cheaper electricity.

/waits for another potian claim thread

10% shares are worth 800m

Also due to oil price drop, govt will net less money. When oil is rising, more money being made. (Stocks based on future prices explorations Etv)They should'nt have changed oil prices much and use profit to pay off debt than selling valuable enterprises.

Agreed. This govt took both decisions wrong and both seems to be political decision. With a new threat from IK in this month, We might see another drop price in oil soon :angry:

Agreed. This govt took both decisions wrong and both seems to be political decision. With a new threat from IK in this month, We might see another drop price in oil soon :angry:
Yeah it was political one. Watch najam Sethi yesterday show to get idea.

Countries pay off debt through these temporary stuff. Canada has 3rd largest oil reserves yet we pay more for gas thanpakistan nor do we have subsidies or massive price drops.

Yeah it was political one. Watch najam Sethi yesterday show to get idea.

Countries pay off debt through these temporary stuff. Canada has 3rd largest oil reserves yet we pay more for gas thanpakistan nor do we have subsidies or massive price drops.

When every political party starts playing politics then we should expect all kind of wonders, i guess

I have no problem with privatization plans but OGDCL is the most profitable organization we have and selling its shares now will be disaster for OGDCL. I did my internship in OGDCL Islamabad and know how well this organization is. We have some other white elephants which we need to sell out but selling OGDCL shares is not a wise decision at all.

Only part of OGDCL is being sold, not all of it.

Plus, the they do have their work inefficiencies and corruption as well at the higher up level, which you as an 'intern' might not have been able to witness.

Only part of OGDCL is being sold, not all of it.

Plus, the they do have their work inefficiencies and corruption as well at the higher up level, which you as an 'intern' might not have been able to witness.

I did my internship under my uncle who is working as GM there :D.
OT, Corruption is part of our national identity now and OGDCL is no exception.

I did my internship under my uncle who is working as GM there :D.
OT, Corruption is part of our national identity now and OGDCL is no exception.

Then you would also know that in order to cleanse such culture you'll need some sort of private boots. We cannot let OGDCL go the way of PIA/PSM etc.

Then you would also know that in order to cleanse such culture you'll need some sort of private boots. We cannot let OGDCL go the way of PIA/PSM etc.
And corruption is not found in private entities? Such as paying bribes to gov't for favors? Or giving mulazmat to so and so son in return of favors?

Corruption is found in every country. It just happens to be found a lot in Asian countries, ex China, Pakistan and India.

When every political party starts playing politics then we should expect all kind of wonders, i guess
Yeah

Najam sethi was saying they'd have probably earned few billions. Imagine if we used that money to pay off PIA debt, or any other debt. The longer we keep our debt for, the more money we are paying. One possible advice to the PM could've been given: Don't give any discounts right now. Use the money to pay off heavy interest debts. When economy is looking better later, then lower electricity prices, gasoline prices etc. This makes sense considering the debt payment is far more important than the relief of gas prices to consumers, considering that ramazan is already gone and the other eid (prime time when prices take a hike).

Agreed but OGDCL is doing fine probably the only organization who is profitable at this time. As i said before that i am in favor of privatizations. It is not govt job to run these organizations but priorities should be right. We have many big white elephants who are burden to our economy. we need to sort them out first rather than selling out the profitable organizations.

Yeah

Najam sethi was saying they'd have probably earned few billions. Imagine if we used that money to pay off PIA debt, or any other debt. The longer we keep our debt for, the more money we are paying. One possible advice to the PM could've been given: Don't give any discounts right now. Use the money to pay off heavy interest debts. When economy is looking better later, then lower electricity prices, gasoline prices etc. This makes sense considering the debt payment is far more important than the relief of gas prices to consumers, considering that ramazan is already gone and the other eid (prime time when prices take a hike).

Sir, It is all management issues. All these things happen with proper planning and vision which our brainless leaders are lacking.

How does the state make up for losses suffered due to dharna?
Any idea how much Pakistan has lost due to current government's gross mismanagement?

Hahaha. Now you know why such profitables are sold to private hands?

Government didn't have a choice. IMF has submitted a list of 20 entities that they want privatized if Pakistan wants additional funding.

Back
Top Bottom