What's new

PMLN government to end PTI relief package, amnesty scheme and reduction in petroleum prices

Here you go. And this is too flattering where is states "The State Bank’s reserves decreased by $5.1bn in FY18 falling to $9.5bn in July 2018 from $14.58bn in July 2017".

According to THIS report, IMF determined Pakistan's forign reserves to be negative (less than zero) back in March 2018.

Thank you for getting back to me. I must admit our reserves were low but it wasn’t $9 Billion as you claimed. The source which you have provided says “state bank of Pakistan reserves” excluding net reserves with banks. Please see attached from SBP.

Attachments

• 54850048-B41F-4B3F-AD0E-D2252A6CBCDF.jpeg
    54850048-B41F-4B3F-AD0E-D2252A6CBCDF.jpeg
    475.3 KB · Views: 28
Thank you for getting back to me. I must admit our reserves were low but it wasn’t $9 Billion as you claimed. The source which you have provided says “state bank of Pakistan reserves” excluding net reserves with banks. Please see attached from SBP.
it was $9 billion and rest was just needed to pay back

Please see attached
In actual reality, what PML-N left is a lot worse than even this I am afraid. The monthly CA was 2.5 billion dollars - that is to say we were burning 2.5 billion dollars every month. No trajectory correction ofc.

PTI left it at around 17 billion for the new govt but the key is that the current CA monthly for last three months has been around 0.5 billion.

What’s left is the discussion on debt. Again a world of difference. Most of PML-N debt was short term and had to be paid back right away. PTI has tried to move away from short term debt to longer term debt that increases the debt amount in nominal terms but decreases servicing cost. Totally different numbers. 60 billion dollars of debt that you need to pay back in 5 years is not the same as 90 billion you need to pay over say 10 years.

And then ofc the right way to look at the increase in debt as denominated in rupees term is to convert to dollars and see what the difference is- turns out PTI was much more responsible than the N govt.

In actual reality, what PML-N left is a lot worse than even this I am afraid. The monthly CA was 2.5 billion dollars - that is to say we were burning 2.5 billion dollars every month. No trajectory correction ofc.

PTI left it at around 17 billion for the new govt but the key is that the current CA monthly for last three months has been around 0.5 billion.

What’s left is the discussion on debt. Again a world of difference. Most of PML-N debt was short term and had to be paid back right away. PTI has tried to move away from short term debt to longer term debt that increases the debt amount in nominal terms but decreases servicing cost. Totally different numbers. 60 billion dollars of debt that you need to pay back in 5 years is not the same as 90 billion you need to pay over say 10 years.

And then ofc the right way to look at the increase in debt as denominated in rupees term is to convert to dollars and see what the difference is- turns out PTI was much more responsible than the N govt.
Growth rate is also like what 5% that’s the best N could deliver and this isn’t with a bad CA position either.

Pakistan and this world by extension is a big joke. I wish we didn't even exist in the first place

The true cause of all pain is existence itself. Unfortunately, we will still exist after dying. I am under the influence of schopenhauerian pessimism

Wait till Ishaq Dar r is back.... He will really pull a fast one and completely destroy Pakistan....

Oh my God.... Please someone here who is a PML supporter .... Please tell me .. honestly... Is this your "god"?????..

Last edited:
I listened few minutes of his press conference. He was stuttering & stumbling . He fumbled economic numbers few time as well.

Very unimpressive effort.

Is he the best PML(N) got?
Have you see his phtoshop session
People thunk he is smart
That makes me think pakistani people have low IQ
Its like saying biden is smart

This is dementia. No question.
That's why he confused location of his heart & brain in NA speech.

Buckle your seat belts Pakistanio.
Dementia happens when ur brain.develops..
He has mild cognitive disorder
Next is prono queen maryum

This reporter has been covering PM office for past few years. Listen to his opinion on composition of economic team which met with Shahbaz Sharif today .

And then media houses were screaming on the top of their lungs about inefficient team selection by previous government.

Last edited:
I am serious. As much as I hate to admit it; Hafeez Shiekh & Shaukat Tareen fielded by PPP were much better choices as they knew what were they talking about.

This Miftah Ismael guy sounds more like a politician than an economist.
PPPP oerfirmance was far better then PMLN
I said that in mid 2015 but people use to call me zardari boot licker

PPPP had two major crisis
1- 2008 global financial meltdown(as big as covid or even worse)
2- 2010 flooding

PMLN had no major crisis

PTI had covid and now comodity inflation(thats now peaking)

PPPP oerfirmance was far better then PMLN
I said that in mid 2015 but people use to call me zardari boot licker

PPPP had two major crisis
1- 2008 global financial meltdown(as big as covid or even worse)
2- 2010 flooding

PMLN had no major crisis

PTI had covid and now comodity inflation(thats now peaking)
Hard to compare when neither of PMLN and PTI completed the terms. Nawaz sharif was taken off the air just soon after he came to the powers and exercised military operations, and some energy projects.

PPP is the one who completed the entire term uninterrupted and had fully backing from General Kiyani. Nawaz Sharif didn’t and neither does Khan now.

So given the circumstances, PPP failed miserably despite the odds, powers and complete terms with fully backing.

Growth rate is also like what 5% that’s the best N could deliver and this isn’t with a bad CA position either.
and that to when pml*n had the benefit of extremely low petrol prices, and no covid.

Back
Top Bottom