What's new

PMLN government to end PTI relief package, amnesty scheme and reduction in petroleum prices

Just an innocent question.

When PML(N) left government in 2018, it left $9 billion in treasury. If Pakistan was not bankrupt then, so how com Pakistan is bankrupt now when there are $22 billion in Treasury?

Or you just like to be a troll who craves attention?
You expect a khotokhor to talk sense, come on!

You expect a khotokhor to talk sense, come on!

I am serious. As much as I hate to admit it; Hafeez Shiekh & Shaukat Tareen fielded by PPP were much better choices as they knew what were they talking about.

This Miftah Ismael guy sounds more like a politician than an economist.

Just an innocent question.

When PML(N) left government in 2018, it left $9 billion in treasury. If Pakistan was not bankrupt then, so how com Pakistan is bankrupt now when there are $22 billion in Treasury?

Or you just like to be a troll who craves attention?

Could you provide source of this information please PMLN left $9 billion in treasury in 2018.

Funny thing I found, a two dozen or so paid patwaris are celebrating PM of Beggers in Multan, what they're doing is that stand in middle of busy cross roads and start nutanki it creats traffic jams and becomes crowded, they take pictures and videos and move to next place after 20 mins of show. So, if you guys see any pics or videos of public celebrating don't fall for it. I can vouch for Multan at-least after following them for two hours.

Musaddiq Malik aur Zubair Umar kay hath main agayi economy to Allah hi hafiz

Could you provide source of this information please PMLN left $9 billion in treasury in 2018.
Here you go. And this is too flattering where is states "The State Bank’s reserves decreased by $5.1bn in FY18 falling to $9.5bn in July 2018 from $14.58bn in July 2017".

According to THIS report, IMF determined Pakistan's forign reserves to be negative (less than zero) back in March 2018.

I am serious. As much as I hate to admit it; Hafeez Shiekh & Shaukat Tareen fielded by PPP were much better choices as they knew what were they talking about.

This Miftah Ismael guy sounds more like a politician than an economist.
Even Ishaq dar is no economist. He is a chartered accountant who knows only to manipulate numbers. What else are they going to say? I mean the thugnomics of Ishaq dar and figging of numbers, keeping rupee artificially inflated and an economy based on imports, we have all seen how well that works.
PTI also struggled in the start and they experimented alot as well but one thing they got it right was increasing exports because they knew we cant live on an import based economy. This ofcourse meant rupee to devaluate against dollar to make our exports competitive, the downside however was increased in inflation since people were too used to an artifical means of growth bases on imports, it was difficult to make them understand. Then came Covid that further plagued the world into a downward economic spiral, however considering the circumstances PTI government did alot better with its ehsaas program that was appreciated worldwide. Ukraine Russian conflict further dampen the economies because of soaring fuel prices.
None of these crisis were there during PMLn time yet they perform pathetically leaving only 9 billion in the coffers compared to PTI 22 billion despite the above challenges.

I listened few minutes of his press conference. He was stuttering & stumbling . He fumbled economic numbers few time as well.

Very unimpressive effort.

Is he the best PML(N) got?

R*ndi ka bacha jhoot bol raha tha, Saray figures jhootay thay. We all saw especially GdP ( State Bank figures) and other figures and discussed them to death here.

Kis hindu kutt*a Anjum ki ga*d say naikla hai ye haramkhor smuggler.

PTI ka media blackout karke ye zale*l kut*ay ab jhoot bolengay.

Pakistan and this world by extension is a big joke. I wish we didn't even exist in the first place

The true cause of all pain is existence itself. Unfortunately, we will still exist after dying. I am under the influence of Schopenhauerian pessimism
You aren't wrong but stay on topic my fellow pessimist, this isn't the appropriate thread for this discussion :lol:

Pakistan and this world by extension is a big joke. I wish we didn't even exist in the first place

The true cause of all pain is existence itself. Unfortunately, we will still exist after dying. I am under the influence of schopenhauerian pessimism
Brother don't say such things, let me give you solution to all your problems and pain, follow Islam, you will be successful both in this world and hereafter. Start praying, ask Allah for help and seek guidance from Quran.

I hope both Bandial and Bajwa, the two baddies are looking at this and feeling some shame of the damage about to be inflicted on the people they swore to defend.

Please look at the data from SBP bro, Pakistan’s forex were on a decent trajectory during IK’s rule due to record exports and remittances. And that’s DESPITE paying debt, rising oil prices, and the need to buy vaccines.

Islamabad: Senior leader of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) Miftah Ismail on Tuesday lamented that the country’s economy was badly damaged during the tenure of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) which had piled the public debt to the level of Rs6,400 billion.

Addressing a press conference along with other PML-N leaders Musaddiq Malik and Muhammad Zubair, Ismail said that PTI had made people to suffer by taking the economy to this bad condition.
He said, the fiscal deficit was hovering at around Rs5,600 billion and if supplementary grants of Rs800 billion was included, the total amount would reach to Rs6,400.

The PML-N leader elaborated how the illogical decisions by the previous government had resulted in increasing overall debt.

He, however, expressed the hope that future of Pakistan was brighter under the leadership of Prime Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif. He said all possible efforts would be made to contain the deficit, adding that it was their responsibility to lead country towards better future.

Miftah Ismail who is expected to become Advisor to Prime Minister on Finance, also criticized the PTI government over providing relief package of Rs 370 billion under which the former prime minister Imran Khan had announced to reduce the petroleum prices by Rs 10 per liter and electricity by Rs 5 per unit.

To a question, he said the government had not decided yet to increase the petroleum prices but the decision would be taken after reviewing the summary issued by Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA).

This was a landmine that the PTI government had laid for the upcoming government, he said adding that the amnesty scheme was also needless as it was against the conditions agreed with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

When asked whether the current government would take measures to reduce the inflation rate in the country, Miftah Ismail pointed out that the government could not control the inflation immediately due to bad policies of the previous government.

“First we will negotiate with the IMF to convince them to ease out the tough conditions so that the government could provide relief to the masses,” he added.

Looking at the nominal debt figure like Miftah Ismail is doing is not very helpful when you’re analyzing the economy (it’s kind of like looking at your loan but not looking at the value of the associated asset). The key is to look at the debt to GDP ratio for the true story. That figure is relatively stable and healthy for Pakistan at the moment. Miftah Ismail is engaging in propaganda I’m afraid.

Back
Top Bottom