What's new

Coordinated militants attacks foiled in Afghan capital Kabul

I would have recommended a easier way. CFA -> Investment Bank -> INSEAD -> CA -> Partner. You're doing everything *** up. :)

Investment banks don't hire CA's in opening positions, such as junior analysts. Secret to success in life is very simple actually, just put your foot in the profession of your choice, and then navigate it quickly by gaining extra qualifications.

What is evident from your plans is that you want to be a consultant with McKinsey or Goldman Sachs, for that you need to get out and do something about it. Right now!

Yeah right! I still can't decode you mate. As far as I can think, you're a career professional working with MoD. :pop:

You know thats exactly what my cousin says : Ahmad (thats my name !) your a fooking idiot...you know that ! Who goes through such a convoluted route just to play it safe ! *Hes working as VP Mergers and Acquisitions for UBS*.

But I thought...hey I do have to work for the 3 years with an audit firm as part of my ACCA/ICAEW so why not work here and in the meantime sit for CFA part 1 and 2 along the way ! So currently I'm working as an audit trainee for Grant Thornton International and I should be done by the time I'm 24 (I'm currently 22 !). Then I was hoping to go to England and try to get into LSE's MBA (Finance) program and finally sit for the last level of CFA ! So that when I do go to an Investment Bank they'd look at my CV and think 'Hmmmn...3 years of work experience with the 5 the largest audit firm in the world, CFA, ACCA, ICAEW and an MBA from LSE and still only 25-26...chaltaaa hai'.

What do you think ?

P.S Na kuch banaaa tou mujhe bhi merei bhai KRAIT ke saath waiter raakh leina ! :D

Or should I pick up on another cousins offer (his brother !) that I sit for CFA parts 1 and 2 ASAP and then join him in NY ! Hes started a small Hedge Fund himself and he says me working for him for 6 months to a year would give me some good experience !

You know thats exactly what my cousin says : Ahmad (thats my name !) your a fooking idiot...you know that ! Who goes through such a convoluted route just to play it safe ! *Hes working as VP Mergers and Acquisitions for UBS*.

But I thought...hey I do have to work for the 3 years with an audit firm as part of my ACCA/ICAEW so why not work here and in the meantime sit for CFA part 1 and 2 along the way ! So currently I'm working as an audit trainee for Grant Thornton International and I should be done by the time I'm 24 (I'm currently 22 !). Then I was hoping to go to England and try to get into LSE's MBA (Finance) program and finally sit for the last level of CFA ! So that when I do go to an Investment Bank they'd look at my CV and think 'Hmmmn...3 years of work experience with the 5 the largest audit firm in the world, CFA, ACCA, ICAEW and an MBA from LSE and still only 25-26...chaltaaa hai'.

What do you think ?

P.S Na kuch banaaa tou mujhe bhi merei bhai KRAIT ke saath waiter raakh leina ! :D
Tu to kaafi intelligent nikla...jaisa maine socha tha....waise ye apan dono ko sath nahin rakhega...warna apan kaam ki jagah baatein hi karte rehnge...aur PDF par baakiyon ke maje lete rahenge.....:D

Tu to kaafi intelligent nikla...jaisa maine socha tha....waise ye apan dono ko sath nahin rakhega...warna apan kaam ki jagah baatein hi karte rehnge...aur PDF par baakiyon ke maje lete rahenge.....:D

Yaaraa tu kisssi seh kumm hai ? Statistical modelling ka shauqq hai tou kabhi 'actuarial sciences' ka sooochaa hai ?

What do you think ?

First of all a very decent plan. Now:

1. FU** LSE - If you told me 15 years ago that you wanted to join LSE, I'd say why not. At the moment it's a piece of ****. All substandard students are having a ball there!

2. No one wants to look at your CV and say that.. WOW...what an outstanding experience! If I saw your CV, I'd say: What a run of the mill douche-bag!

Now what people like me think when hiring - this is how it exactly goes down @ McKinsey & Co

1. Did he finish: INSEAD, Wharton, Kellogg, Berkley.... etc etc?
2. I don't care if you finished first of class..... However, I'll speak to your instructors to see if you're a lively character or not!
3. I don't care if you had 1,2,3,4,5 years of experience.. More you have, worse it is for me to break you and make you again...
4. If you had a huge hole in your CV, and you gave me the explanation that you smoked pot for 5 years, I'd rather take that on your experience!
5. I have to be sure that you think totally out of the box, or are used to asymmetric pattern of thinking.
6. I'll definitely give credit to you, if you are an impeccably dressed individual! (if you were a girl, then I'd prefer huge knockers, of-course decently arranged and managed)
7. I'll ask you about your goals in life - the best answer for me would be that you smile and crack a joke!

Anything else?

Now more to the point: Mate, find a passion in life, and make money from it. It's no fun to work for ANYONE, trust me, been there, done all of that!

Sir..yes sir ! My passion...well its only making money ! So right now I'm trying to understand everything about the Forex market and I've borrowed some money from Dad and added to all that I've saved up till now ! I've read a dozen books on it, talked to about a dozen well established forex traders...I've done it successfully on a fairly miniscule level (a few thousand rupees !) and now I've set the goal of trying to double whatever I'm going to invest in the next 4 months. Fingers and toes crossed...lets see what happens ! If that works out well enough then the next stop is the commodity markets !

Sir..yes sir ! My passion...well its only making money ! So right now I'm trying to understand everything about the Forex market and I've borrowed some money from Dad and added to all that I've saved up till now ! I've read a dozen books on it, talked to about a dozen well established forex traders...I've done it successfully on a fairly miniscule level (a few thousand rupees !) and now I've set the goal of trying to double whatever I'm going to invest in the next 4 months. Fingers and toes crossed...lets see what happens ! If that works out well enough then the next stop is the commodity markets !

Good luck kid... Been there as well :)

When you have mastered all, I'll give you access to my Bloomberg trainee trading account. Next summer, come and do training for me! :drag:

Fact of life: Money has sentiments, it is alive, it finds the right people and follows them. It doesn't work the other way around!

I think we've screwed this thread throughly, any idea when the PM facility will open?

Fact of life: Money has sentiments, it is alive, it finds the right people and follows them. It doesn't work the other way around!

I think we've screwed this thread throughly, any idea when the PM facility will open?

Buys everything but health ... So learned a materialistic engineer :rofl:

Been there , as well :lol: ... Wait till the mods appear and say " From hell's heart , I stab at thee " ! :P

The Taliban did promise some spectacular attacks and so far they have failed to live up to their promise.

The Drone Strikes, growing effectiveness of the ANA, have really hindered their options and their best bet has been to bribe some ANA soldier to open fire on NATO soldiers.

Too bad that won't result in the downfall of Kabul and back into Taliban hands.

The summer is winding down and the Taliban Rats will again hunker down in the Tribal Areas of Pakistan waiting until May 2013 to launch their terrorism in Afghanistan.

In the mean time, US drones will have a field day picking off these rats one by one.

In other words, Summer of 2012 has been an abysmal failure for the Taliban.

Good luck kid... Been there as well :)

When you have mastered all, I'll give you access to my Bloomberg trainee trading account. Next summer, come and do training for me! :drag:

I'll keep that in mind...thanks for all the advice, I very much appreciate it, Khan Sahib !

I've been dying for the PM facility myself; dunno whats keeping it bogged down !

Anyway...cheers, I'll be seeing you around ! Thanks again for the advice !

Back
Top Bottom