What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

TANDOORI+CHICKEN+2.bmp

tandoori chicken...

makki_di_roti_sarson_da_saag_Punjabi_traditional_food.jpg

makki de roti sarson da saag

444-aloonaan.jpg

curry-chicken-2.jpg

naan with chicken curry or goat curry my favorate..anything made with rice is not edible for me.

TANDOORI+CHICKEN+2.bmp

tandoori chicken...

makki_di_roti_sarson_da_saag_Punjabi_traditional_food.jpg

makki de roti sarson da saag

444-aloonaan.jpg

curry-chicken-2.jpg

naan with chicken curry or goat curry my favorate..anything made with rice is not edible for me.

While am a rice eater big time,i personally also have butter naan and chicken bharta/tikka massala as my favourite dish.Along with boti kabab side dish.:)That naan looks yummy.

Even though bangladesh is a small country, but Mashallah with Allah's grace Bangladesh has more variety and taste proportion to India, Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan. Alhamdulillah bangladesh is a green valey with a lot of fresh water. So we have a lot of fish variety, land animals and plant varities. I live in Canada and I had to taste some pak, india and afghan food. Out of three I liked the afghan food better. Polao, biryani, keechury and halim of Pak and India are not even up to the standard of Bangladesh. I am talking about the ones in bangladesh. Here in Canada, all the bangladeshi food is just garbage. By the way, Halim, Biryani, polao, most meat dishes of afghan, south asia didn't come from Iran but they are called moglai food and they are called so, because these foods were brought or developed in south asia by Mughals (Mongols).

Even though bangladesh is a small country, but Mashallah with Allah's grace Bangladesh has more variety and taste proportion to India, Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan. Alhamdulillah bangladesh is a green valey with a lot of fresh water. So we have a lot of fish variety, land animals and plant varities. I live in Canada and I had to taste some pak, india and afghan food. Out of three I liked the afghan food better. Polao, biryani, keechury and halim of Pak and India are not even up to the standard of Bangladesh. I am talking about the ones in bangladesh. Here in Canada, all the bangladeshi food is just garbage. By the way, Halim, Biryani, polao, most meat dishes of afghan, south asia didn't come from Iran but they are called moglai food and they are called so, because these foods were brought or developed in south asia by Mughals (Mongols).
in canada most resturants are punjabi.. and punjabis aint into haleem, biryani pulao or other rice based dishes. neither do we eat mughlai food or whatever.. where did you had these food in canada?

I hope no one thinks that I'm being arrogant or racist. I'm just statting that facts. We are south asians or Bharotis or Hindustani (Hind from Sindh). I appreciate Allah's blessings in the form of food.

Bhaba Pitha, Ilish mach and Halim....mummmmaaaaaaa......love it....and of course lentils and any vegie...:dance3:

forgot to add Lichu, Mango, Kthal (Jack Fruit)

Still waiting :(

soak rice for atleast 30mts in plenty of water. This allows the rice to expand and cook without breaking
Add a tbsp of oil to the boiling water while cooking rice. This would make the grains separate.
Marinating the chicken ,
Chicken – 1/2 kg
Ginger & Garlic Paste - 2 tsps
Mint leaves (pudina) – 10 sprigs finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 10 sprigs finely chopped
1 onion – finely sliced and deep fried till dark brown
Dhai 1/2 cup
chilli powder – 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
garam masala – 3 tbsps
juice of 1 big lemon
salt.
mix all the ingredients and marinate the chicken in it for at least 6 hrs.

For the rice

Basmati rice – 2 cups ( I used a measuring cup). Wash under cold water and soak for 30 mts then drain the entire water in a strainer and set aside
Whole green Cardamom – 4
Cloves – 3
Black cumin seeds (Shahi jeera) – ¾ tsp
Bay leaves – 2
Biryani flower ( Anasapuvvu) – 1
Black pepper corns – 4
oil/ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt – 4 tbsps
Water for boiling – 10 cups
boil the rice till its 3/4 done.

1 wide heavy bottomed deep vessel / pot
a heavy flat bottom tava
you can use atta flour to seal the edges so that the steam does’nt escape.

Place a heavy wide bottomed deep pot or vessel on the stove top and turn it on high flame. Allow the pot to get hot for about a minute.Now arrange the entire marinated chicken at the bottom of this pot. Then arrange the half cooked rice on top of the chicken.On top of the rice, add about 2 - 3 tbsps of oil. Cover the pot with a lid and cook on high heat for 3 to 4 mts. Do not cook more than that because your chicken might get burnt.

Meanwhile heat a dosa pan on high heat till the pan is hot. Once hot reduce the flame to the lowest setting and place the chicken and rice pot on the tawa. seal the rice pot with atta so steam does not escape. before sealing the lid add 1 cup of milk with zafaron ,
cook on low setting for 40 min then let rest for 1/2 hour . open and enjoy mate:)

cook on low setting for 40 min then let rest for 1/2 hour . open and enjoy mate:)

Thank u soooo sooo much... I really dont have words how to say thanks to you..:) You really helped me a great deal by sharing this recipe... I really wanted an authentic hyderabadi biryani recipe...Thank u soooo much for this, once again :)

As I am new to PDF comparatively and as I go through this thread (one of my favorite), I have yet to come across any member from the countries mentioned about the general(staple) food they eat on daily basis. No mom/wife prepare kebabs, briyani etc. gourmet food daily. I mean what one eats in the breakfast, lunch and dinner in normal days. The foods shown are from restaurants and hotels only are eaten only once in a week. Because if you eat the foods shown here everyday it will make a hole in the intestine for sure and in your pocket also. I do not know if other countries also have the habit of having evening snacks like in India?

If you are speaking about authentic Bangali food, I doubt whether u'll get that in the West. I searched in US but failed to find. Only one place i.e. Jackson Heights in New York, u'll get Bengali food, but that too not completely authentic but very near to.

Back
Top Bottom