What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

Bangladesh's specialty is fish recipes, Pakistan's specialty is meat recipes, India's specialty is veg recipes. Iran's specialty is sweet dessert esp. ice cream. Now what about Afghanistan? What is their specialty in cuisine?

Pakistan is a heavy meat eating country, I guess we have been affected by our neighbors like afghanistan, Iran, central asia etc... of course there are some indian veggie dishes we have adopted, but they are still rare. Though in rural areas (daal) is still very popular

Well, Pakistan may be only meat eating country but Bangladesh is heavily fish and meat both eating country. Non veg items are not popular. Its considered 'food for poor'. If you give a single non-veg item in parties apart from salad you will be criticized for giving 'forika' (Bhikari) khana.

India's specialty is veg recipes.

India is too diverse to be confined into just one specialty. For example most of the Bengali food that you eat in Bangladesh are available in Indian part of Bengal too. Similarly a large portion of the food that they eat in Punjab and Sindh in Pakistan can be found in Northern and North-Western India. Apart from that every region or should I say state has its own culinary habit, both veg and non veg.

Bangladesh's specialty is fish recipes, Pakistan's specialty is meat recipes, India's specialty is veg recipes. Iran's specialty is sweet dessert esp. ice cream. Now what about Afghanistan? What is their specialty in cuisine?

That's a myth, most of the Pakistani exotic non-veg dishes has Muhajir origin, originating in North India and Hyderabad still you find those authentic recipes in Indian cities. There is larger variety of fish and seafood dishes in India compared to Bangladesh in coastal states of India.

Bengali recipes

Fish Kabab

ilish+kabab.JPG

3449194399_011d0d3f1a.jpg

Bhorta

45529_156542934496695_658365423_n2.jpg

Bangladeshi food is not the same as the food in West Bengal, In W.Bengal people are mainly vegetarians. Due to a lot of foreign invasions we have so many Meat and Chicken dishes. For example 'Akbori chicken' is a main example especially in Sylheti families. Bangladeshis consume way too much Rice, we buy 24kg Tilda/Tolly boy basmati rice, we buy these nearly every week. Not forgetting the expenditure on Chicken and Meat. Fish is something the old folks like, while the younger generation tend to consume more Meat and Chicken.

'Indian cuisine' restaurants in actual fact, are not ran by Indians. 70% of the curry industry in the UK is dominated by Bangladeshis and some of the best and luxurious restaurants have been visiting by prominent people such as politicians,celebrities etc. Bangladeshis contribute £2bn from the curry industry to the economy.

And I'm sorry but my Pakistani mates cannot hack spices, they panic over a petty mild sauce in the local Chicken and Chip shop. During Ramadan, I have Pakistani neighbours on both sides, they make a tasteful Falooda as well as some tasty chaat etc. But from what I've experienced, Pakistani Saalan and other things are excessively oily. The meat saalan is like a oily swimming pool. In Pakistani Masjids, during Ihtikaaf or Iftar, there's always a Bangali chef as Bangali chefs are reputable chefs here the England.

Others may be right.... but your conclusion on Indian recipes is incorrect.

Bangladeshi food is not the same as the food in West Bengal, In W.Bengal people are mainly vegetarians. Due to a lot of foreign invasions we have so many Meat and Chicken dishes. For example 'Akbori chicken' is a main example especially in Sylheti families. Bangladeshis consume way too much Rice, we buy 24kg Tilda/Tolly boy basmati rice, we buy these nearly every week. Not forgetting the expenditure on Chicken and Meat. Fish is something the old folks like, while the younger generation tend to consume more Meat and Chicken.

'Indian cuisine' restaurants in actual fact, are not ran by Indians. 70% of the curry industry in the UK is dominated by Bangladeshis and some of the best and luxurious restaurants have been visiting by prominent people such as politicians,celebrities etc. Bangladeshis contribute £2bn from the curry industry to the economy.

And I'm sorry but my Pakistani mates cannot hack spices, they panic over a petty mild sauce in the local Chicken and Chip shop. During Ramadan, I have Pakistani neighbours on both sides, they make a tasteful Falooda as well as some tasty chaat etc. But from what I've experienced, Pakistani Saalan and other things are excessively oily. The meat saalan is like a oily swimming pool. In Pakistani Masjids, during Ihtikaaf or Iftar, there's always a Bangali chef as Bangali chefs are reputable chefs here the England.
Who gave you this stupid idea that Indian bengalis are veggie? Even Bengali brahmins eat fish. Dont spread false ideas.

Find out a single veg Bengali and I'll agree with u. U have no idea. Many Indian bengalis eat beef as well.

what is classed as Mughal food in the world is heavily dependent on spices, that grew in the Dravidian lands of South India. The use of spices was perfected by Dravidians and copied-adopted by Arabs, Persians etc.

So-called Mughlai or Mughal dishes were all copied and renamed by Mughals from non-Muslim Indians who used spices in better combinations. Mughlai dishes use too much cardamom and cinnamon in savory meat dishes which are good only in sweet dishes. Pakistani or Mughal food is much closer to non-Muslim Indian food than any Arab or Central Asian food.

for example, pomegranate molasses is a staple of Arab food but it is not used at all in Mughlai Indian food despite the fact that pomegranates were available in India since ancient times. If Arabs could import indian spices like cardamon, pepper etc. why could not Mughals import or make pomegranate molasses in India if they loved it???

I believe seeing from page-1 to latest the food discussed or shown are party type or cooked on special occasion or weekly once type. I want to know what type of food all those countries have on daily basis at home (i.e) Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Because if you eat all the food shown or discussed in this thread everyday you will have a hole each in your stomach as well in Pocket and the wife will divorce you or your mother will through you out!!

Back
Top Bottom