What's new

Chinese to be introduced in CBSE, says Kapil Sibal Read more: Chinese to be introduc

A very good initiative by our government. A very much needed step to understand the other side better. If this can increase better people to people contact , it would be great.

However i wonder after this if a Indian and Chinese meet in an airport and the Indian greets the Chinese in Mandarin and the Chinese greets the Indian in Hindi ?? I think they both would be .......... flabbergasted :rofl:

That would be absolutely amazing. :cheers:

Last edited:
I see, We have many Institutions here ,Which Teach Chinese arts, People are Keen In Learning Shan Shui painting,Chinese Martial Arts,Jade Ornaments etc etc.... I too Am Going to learn the Chinese embroidery...

You forgot Feng shui. I read in some article that it's gaining in popularity.

You forgot Feng shui. I read in some article that it's gaining in popularity.

Well I dont know Much About that, I listed out the Names which Are Available in My Immediate Neighborhood.. When You go to Cities You can Learn Many Chinese stuffs....

Absolutely right. In my interactions in China (which were so many and meaningful) not once did i sense that. Actually i first thought that they were merely being polite and considerate. But the fact was that most of the younger generation really did not know. As for the ones who knew (mostly older people), it simply did not matter. And hence my respect for most of the Chinese people that i worked with; they were so firmly and clearly focussed on the "here and now" of their lives. IMO, that is one of the key methods to achieve the future.
History is history. At best it should be a stepping stone, but we would be unwise to let it be a mental block.

Great post. :cheers:

The "here and now" are what really matter to China and India. And we are both smart enough to realise that the future of Asia, and the lives of 40% of the world's population, will depend on our ability to get along with each other.

Ya dude, my mom always talks about Feng shui. I'm not much into that but I generally know some of the stuff:what:.

(Personally, I don't really believe in Feng Shui).

However if it makes people happy, then I am glad to see them use it. :) That's the important thing.

Personally, I don't really believe in Feng Shui.

However if it makes people happy, then I am glad to see them use it. :)

Buddy, there is also an Indian Version of Feng Shui, Which Most of the People Believe In , That Is "Tacchu Shastram" and "Vaastu" These are the Two things looked Into before Building a House or Beofre renting a House.... I do Believe In it.... The House which I stay in Is Built according to the Principles of "Tacchu Shastram"

For those who doubt the feasibility and effectiveness of this initiative by Mr. Sibbal; just consider this....

We have 5 pages worth of discussion on this thread about this without even a single flame post from either indian or chinese members (serial offenders like somebozo excluded!)

This just goes to show that enmity dissolves when the communication barriers collapse!

Buddy, there is also an Indian Version of Feng Shui, Which Most of the People Believe In , That Is "Tacchu Shastram" and "Vaastu" These are the Two things looked Into before Building a House or Beofre renting a House.... I do Believe In it.... The House which I stay in Is Built according to the Principles of "Tacchu Shastram"

Yes I've heard about that, I think Hinduism and Buddhism are quite similar (they both originated in India), so maybe that is why we have similar systems.

As long as people are happy doing that then I will be happy too. :tup:

I don't know very much about such things like Feng Shui and Tacchu Shastram, so I can't really comment much on it. My parents love it though, lol.

For those who doubt the feasibility and effectiveness of this initiative by Mr. Sibbal; just consider this....

We have 5 pages worth of discussion on this thread about this without even a single flame post from either indian or chinese members (serial offenders like somebozo excluded!)

This just goes to show that enmity dissolves when the communication barriers collapse!

Mr. Sibbal must be a very clever man. :cheers:

Almost no flaming on this thread, from either side... it must be a record...

Yes I've heard about that, I think Hinduism and Buddhism are quite similar (they both originated in India), so maybe that is why we have similar systems.

They're more similar than you think.

One of the reasons for the decline of Buddhism in the subcontinent was that most of the news ideas in Buddhism were incorporated into mainstream Hinduism.

So in a way Buddhism lives on in India

As long as people are happy doing that then I will be happy too. :tup:

I don't know very much about such things like Feng Shui and Tacchu Shastram, so I can't really comment much on it. My parents love it though, lol.

Yes, Our Culture is More or Less the same, Its Identical In Nature even though we Belong to different ethnicity.... And These ancient Principles If You believe, Gives a Positive Energy around You, which Keeps You happy ... Even In the Army We have been Undergoing Yoga, Meditation and Karali Payittu and Other Chinese martial arts which Refreshes the Body Mind And Soul....

I have always wondered what the world would look like if India and China were to solve their differences and co-operate and collaborate. we saw one glimpse of that potential last year at the climate talks and the rest of the world had no option but to agree to the combined view of these two giants. If India and China can forge even closer ties, esp at the people to people level, thereby reducing the mutual mistrust, the world will be a totally changed place. the epicenter of power will lie in this part of the world and the west would be able to do Jack about it....just imagine- the factory to the world and hte service provider to the world, both working in tandem- they can make the world dance to tehir tunes.

I am optimistic that we will see this hapening in our life time, it is inevitable since that is the only way both these giants can continue growing and not go down the path of M.A.D.

At the end of the day, economics dictates everything......

Mr. Sibbal must be a very clever man. :cheers:

Almost no flaming on this thread, from either side... it must be a record...

Well This Thread Must be the Most Valuable thread ever Opened In the History of This Forum I guess... This Got Us a Little More closer In Knowing each Other.... And This News Is Equally Valuable and Iam Fully Supporting it....

They're more similar than you think.

One of the reasons for the decline of Buddhism in the subcontinent was that most of the news ideas in Buddhism were incorporated into mainstream Hinduism.

So in a way Buddhism lives on in India.

I really like that analogy, hopefully no one comes in to attack it. :azn:

Yes, Our Culture is More or Less the same, Its Identical In Nature even though we Belong to different ethnicity.... And These ancient Principles If You believe, Gives a Positive Energy around You, which Keeps You happy ... Even In the Army We have been Undergoing Yoga, Meditation and Karali Payittu and Other Chinese martial arts which Refreshes the Body Mind And Soul....

Yes I have always thought there were more similarities than differences between us Asian brothers. :tup: The only thing standing in the way is politics.

Back
Top Bottom