What's new

Chinese to be introduced in CBSE, says Kapil Sibal Read more: Chinese to be introduc

I have always wanted to go to China once and see the country. Looks like my next project will require me to travel to Shanghai for a couple of months next year. Looking forward to it! (I know absolutely ZERO of the Chinese language though)

I didnt know that, I searched for a Chinese resturant in Kolkata one full day, but couldnt get it :cry:

I have always wanted to go to China once and see the country. Looks like my next project will require me to travel to Shanghai for a couple of months next year. Looking forward to it! (I know absolutely ZERO of the Chinese language though)

You'll be alright in major cities like Shanghai, there are a number of people who can "understand" English, even if they aren't able to speak it properly. :tup:

Tangra Chinatown, Kolkata (Calcutta)

Chinese New Year Celebration -

Chinese_New_Year_in_Chinatown%2C_Tangra%2C_Kolkata%2C_India.png

liondance.jpg

phoenix-lion-dance-group-kolkata.jpg

DSC_8072.jpg

Tangra+Masala+-+Interior.jpg

Tangra+Masala+-+Picture.jpg

Wonderful initiative..hats off to visionary people like kapil sibal.Introducing chinese in syllabus and improving popularity of chinese language in india not only helps our business but also create a tremendous leap in people to people relationship.

Actually the first language to be taught in Israeli institutes after Arabic was Urdu.. not because they wanted to have people to people relationships.. they wanted to know their enemy and understand him..
So the Indians are following suit, understanding their newer competition.
Sadly.. Pakistan has yet to open a hebrew institute.

We had a Desi Chinese restaurant near my grad school. The owner was Chinese and had grown up in Calcutta and he spoke impeccable Hindi, albeit with an accent.

Was this in either LA or Frisco?

Actually the first language to be taught in Israeli institutes after Arabic was Urdu.. not because they wanted to have people to people relationships.. they wanted to know their enemy and understand him..

Recognize the country. Maybe then they can help set up one.

We can also see it from a perspective that its early preparation as one day Mandarin might replace English as the global business language.

No offence but this is one of the most stupid analysis i've ever seen.India introducing chinese language at primary level education is to "understand the enemy"!!.There are tons of benefits from learning mandaring in fields like business(since china is the emerging economic power ),education(since thousands of indian students go to china for higher education),technology exchange,more joint projects in academic level and more people to people relations etc..Also which israeli institute teach urdu as first language?lol

Its not our 'National' Language. Neither the Constitution of India nor Indian law specifies a National language.

According to Census of India of 2001, 29 languages are spoken by more than a million native speakers.

India has 28 states, Only 7 states have Hindi as their official language.

Hindi belt -

Hindispeakers.png

258 million of 1,028 million spoken Hindi according to the 2001 Indian census (25.08%).

About one-fifth of the world’s population, or over one billion people, speak Mandarin. It is also one of the six official languages of the United Nations.

:blah: :blah:

What language did the Indian armed forces use when giving orders? English or do they need to match people to unit that speak the same language?

Good news. Knowing one another's language would certainly foster understandings. There would undoubtedly be fewer Indian members asking me what the general Chinese opinion of India is if more people in India could read Chinese. :partay:

I think Hindi and Urdu should be taught in China as well. It is a shame that despite the fact that India and China are China's neighbors we know very little about the culture, history, and customs of those two countries.

Good news. Knowing one another's language would certainly foster understandings. There would undoubtedly be fewer Indian members asking me what the general Chinese opinion of India is if more people in India could read Chinese. :partay:

I think Hindi and Urdu should be taught in China as well. It is a shame that despite the fact that India and China are China's neighbors we know very little about the culture, history, and customs of those two countries.

Very true Siege
Im going to learn mandarin soon

Good going, it can help us to understand better each other

Back
Top Bottom