What's new

Chinese to be introduced in CBSE, says Kapil Sibal Read more: Chinese to be introduc

Abhishek_

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
BEIJING: Indian school students will soon begin learning Chinese in large numbers as it will soon be introduced in the CBSE curriculum, Human Resources Minister, Kapil Sibal said Wednesday after discussing with China's Education Minister Yuan Guiren the modalities of training Indian teachers for the task.

" China is our powerful neighbour and emerging as a biggest consumer of global resources. We cannot wish it away," Sibal told reporters here. "The best way to introduce China in India is to introduce its language at primary level so that our kids develop interest and knowledge about China", he said.

He told Yuan it was necessary for the Indian government to collaborate with China to formulate proper standards of teaching and examination.

Sibal said there was nothing his ministry could do about recognizing Chinese medical degrees, which is a demand from thousands of Indian students studying in medical colleges in China.

It is an issue for Medical Council of India, which has not extended the recognition to Chinese colleges. The situation is similar with Russian Medical degrees, he said.

Sibal said learning Chinese at primary level is better than learning at tertiary level which is more of academic interest, he said. The collaboration plans involve training 200 Indian teachers initially. The CBSE chairman has also agreed to introducing Chinese in the curriculum as soon as some teachers are available.

Sibal offered a student exchange program to his Chinese counterpart so that governments of the two countries support scholars from both sides.

Chinese to be introduced in CBSE, says Kapil Sibal - The Times of India

A very good move to increase knowledge about china, this can significantly increase people to people contact and we can finally get past the damn 62 phase. More integration and joint-development is the way forward for sino-indian relationship. Hats off to Kapil Sibal for this move :tup:

Last edited:
damn how do I edit the thread title, it messed up. stupid copy n paste :D
mods can you guys help?

I thought india was rising superpower??
When are chinese inducting hindi??

they need to induct english. hindi isn't nearly as commonly used as english and chinese. Indians already have a good grasp of English, now we need to learn the second most important business language i.e. Mandarin :)

Anyway we are doing it for our own benefit (no need to ask or expect chinese govt to reciprocate)

Last edited:

Its not our 'National' Language. Neither the Constitution of India nor Indian law specifies a National language.

According to Census of India of 2001, 29 languages are spoken by more than a million native speakers.

India has 28 states, Only 7 states have Hindi as their official language.

Hindi belt -

Hindispeakers.png

258 million of 1,028 million spoken Hindi according to the 2001 Indian census (25.08%).

About one-fifth of the world’s population, or over one billion people, speak Mandarin. It is also one of the six official languages of the United Nations.

:blah: :blah:

Last edited:
This will lead to a paradigm shift in terms of Indians' understanding of China and its people.

It would be nicer if more Chinese students come here for education too.. Already a huge chunk of students from India travel to China for higher studies especially in healthcare.The governments of India and China have a Cultural Exchange Programme (CEP) under which 25 scholarships are granted every year to Chinese students wanting to pursue higher studies in India.

So good news have started to come after 2-3 weeks of constant blames!!!.. nice going :tup:

For ur kind info CBSE even have CBSE Nepali Syllabus:lol::lol:

Here is the link as a proof.

CBSE Nepali Language Syllabus for Class XII 2010-2011

So don't troll :blah::blah::blah:

Apart from Hindi, English.

CBSE also have syllabus in many international languages.
Spanish, German, French, Arabic etc. to name a few.

So don't expose ur lack of knowledge here.

Huānyíng yìndù :tup:

Nice one. :azn:

Or you can say: Huānyíng lái yìndù. (Welcome to India).

Anyway, here is a video of some Chinese people learning Hindi. So there is definitely interest coming from both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom