What's new

Chinese girl, Indian boy, online love

Nothing wrong with relationships between two individuals, regardless of race or culture.

However the relationship between the two nations (China and India) is going nowhere.

Michelle Saram and Benard Chandran
images
041109bc-1.jpg

varghese-albums-pics-2-picture3799-chindians-4.jpg

19657_251272516276_512956276_3792521_4638260_n.jpg

n6976972388_301862_9216.jpg

20081017.164927_chindian.jpg

Nothing wrong with relationships between two individuals, regardless of race or culture.

However the relationship between the two nations (China and India) is going nowhere.

Let the Chinese president come to India. Hope to see some big announcements.:D

I'm glad you feel optimistic, but perhaps it's not a good idea to get your hopes up. :azn:

I share your pessimism in this regard CD. Looking at the way the things are going (even the recent back and forth's here in the forum) I doubt there is going to be any groundbreaking improvement in relations.

At the same time; I don't think there will be a shooting war anytime in the near future...not only would it make zero economic sense for the two growing nations; but would also make zero military sense due to insurmountable geographical problems.

we will just see the status quo being maintained, while the globe tries to jockey for position around centers/conglomerates of power...in other words; a multi polar world.

I predict the UN becoming less and less powerful as more NATO-like alliances gain prominence. We might even see yet another League of Nations in the making unless there is considerable reform.

In the future India would align itself with America and Japan more and more while trying to maintain a semblance of neutrality to the outside, and I foresee China doing something similar with its Allied nations. I wonder what would become of the EU...they might even side with the Americans or maybe a future association with an ascendant Russia(they have huge natural Gas reserves in Siberia). While this might seem to be a rehash of the usual line of thought regarding these nations; I really do not see much evidence to root for a contrary opinion. While some might see India's friendship with America and Japan as a form of Neo Colonialism, I would beg to differ; as I believe India is astute enough not to be a conjoined twin of the US. One could term it a coalition of the similarly inclined. lol

Last edited:

Let me put my psychic powers to use here...

"India-China will forge special partnership in 21st century."

"India-China are two ancient cultures with deep mutual respect."

"India-China pledge to increase bilateral trade to 200 billion mark by 2015."

"India-China will work hand-in-hand towards a peaceful Asian century."

IMO, we should never expect “ground breaking” relationship between India and China. That is too much to ask. Geographies, resources, aims and ambitions, and politics demand that India and China be competitors and that is the way it should stay. Even it won’t help the world if India and China were to collude.

IMO, we should never expect “ground breaking” relationship between India and China. That is too much to ask. Geographies, resources, aims and ambitions, and politics demand that India and China be competitors and that is the way it should stay. Even it won’t help the world if India and China were to collude.

True, keeping the status quo is the most realistic solution here.

China and India were always destined to be rivals.

The only positive thing I can say, is that the rivalry is most likely to stay economic/diplomatic and not turn military, as long as the appropriate parties keep their heads on their shoulders.

True, keeping the status quo is the most realistic solution here.

China and India were always destined to be rivals.

The only positive thing I can say, is that the rivalry is most likely to stay economic/diplomatic and not turn military, as long as the appropriate parties keep their heads on their shoulders.

Rivals is a little bit of a harsh word. I would use competitors.

Anyway, Imagine a world where India and China are too cosy, would not it be boring. Some competition helps.

Let me put my psychic powers to use here...

"India-China will forge special partnership in 21st century."

"India-China are two ancient cultures with deep mutual respect."

"India-China pledge to increase bilateral trade to 200 billion mark by 2015."

"India-China will work hand-in-hand towards a peaceful Asian century."

Except for the third statement about the trade,which seem very real to happen, I agree with your psychic powers on the remaining three statements

I share your pessimism in this regard CD. Looking at the way the things are going (even the recent back and forth's here in the forum) I doubt there is going to be any groundbreaking improvement in relations.

At the same time; I don't think there will be a shooting war anytime in the near future...not only would it make zero economic sense for the two growing nations; but would also make zero military sense due to insurmountable geographical problems.

we will just see the status quo being maintained, while the globe tries to jockey for position around centers/conglomerates of power...in other words; a multi polar world.

I predict the UN becoming less and less powerful as more NATO-like alliances gain prominence. We might even see yet another League of Nations in the making unless there is considerable reform.

In the future India would align itself with America and Japan more and more while trying to maintain a semblance of neutrality to the outside, and I foresee China doing something similar with its Allied nations. I wonder what would become of the EU...they might even side with the Americans or maybe a future association with an ascendant Russia(they have huge natural Gas reserves in Siberia). While this might seem to be a rehash of the usual line of thought regarding these nations; I really do not see much evidence to root for a contrary opinion. While some might see India's friendship with America and Japan as a form of Neo Colonialism, I would beg to differ; as I believe India is astute enough not to be a conjoined twin of the US. One could term it a coalition of the similarly inclined. lol

The problem is on the india side, india media is stirring all the bad feeling toward china on its people.

Back
Top Bottom