What's new

Chinese copycat cars

They have original cars too?? :o:

Sure there are. For instance the Evoque is assembled locally as well. Volkswagen has a local plant too, and they have a local model which is very popular as taxis. Not bad, its similar to the Tata Indica; very functional.

That seems to be the case...but they have lost their credibility and became a laughing stock in the process. A more prudent way would have been to hire a professional Italian designing company and get some decent original designs for themselves, that Range Rover is not the last good design on earth, neither the Chinese companies are too cash starved to hire a professional designer.

Probably copying and using fakes is not a taboo in China, they even got a fake Goldman Sachs among many other fakes: Shenzhen Goldman Sachs is China’s latest fake

But in many parts of the world people would find it embarrassing to use something fake, I like watches and have some good watches from Indian and foreign brands that are within my budget, but I would never wear a fake Rolex.
But, next door Pakistan hasn't seen these cars yet....may be some legal issue,if these model cross the chinese border....may be Range Rover or Rolls come after these companies...

good copy

i have one mouth, a nose, 2 eyes, a pair of ears,
your head is 80% same as as my head.

your mother and father copy me, they look at my image produce you.

What this in Pakistan !!! what awesome Chinese design
fullsizerender3.jpg

I want this Chinese design !!! So macho

25_shanghai_cc_cj.jpg

Really digging this adventurous item
18lfzsmh5v4ppjpg.jpg

:o:look at the size of that G- Patton it looks like sumthing the rock drove in fast 5!

The two are not the same.Can you tell me what a car can like what?

What this in Pakistan !!! what awesome Chinese design
fullsizerender3.jpg

I want this Chinese design !!! So macho

25_shanghai_cc_cj.jpg

Really digging this adventurous item
18lfzsmh5v4ppjpg.jpg

Awesome chinese design!!! Good one!! :D

If they could be original.......... why would they work so hard to be "knock-off" xeroxes ? :D

They came to India with Buses too, inter-city ones; with a brand name called 'King-Long' which cost half of the Volvos with whom they were competing. First, the general public started calling them Ting-Tong, Ding-Dong, Ling-Long and stuff like that so they were locally re-badged as 'Cerita' Buses. Then as they ran for some time, other specialities of those buses got exposed, like the most common one was clutch-plates falling to pieces or gears stripping their teeth off and so on. Passengers were not sure that they would complete the journey, some times they did but with the AirCon dead. Passengers then refused to board those buses if they saw them. That was the end of 'King-Long'.........

The bikes did not stand a chance in the market, even the 'Gulsar' which was a cheaper rip-off of the Bajaj Pulsar.

All over the place, mostly in Western India. I took only one ride in one of them; where the clutch plate disintegrated with some smoke and lots of sound effects, so the Driver rolled it to the verge of the Expressway and sat as "cool as a cucumber". That was the "nth" such mishap that he'd had, that is why he was so cool.
Not for me though, I never came close to another one again, and now they seem to have gone extinct....

They did.

Chinese Zotye Nomad I came to India rebranded as Premier Rio

Zotye Auto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

964056d1343821472-premier-rio-now-1-3l-fiat-multijet-diesel-engine-rio.jpg

It was big flop

Obviously they cannot go far in the international market with stolen designs and crappy quality.

If only people could have sued China copying different products, am sure Chinese would have gone bankrupt twice and over.

Nevertheless, I admire there reverse engineering 100% genuinely copied products.

If only people could have sued China copying different products, am sure Chinese would have gone bankrupt twice and over.

Nevertheless, I admire there reverse engineering 100% genuinely copied products.

It is very difficult to pursue a case of copyright, patent or IPR violation in China, they just don't recognize it as a violation.

Indians seem to be as obsessed with Pakistan as they are with China...

The numbers and the capability don't lie. While Indians are worried about motorcycles and shit, Chinese electric buses from BYD are already running in Long Beach, California and in Amsterdam, with orders increasing. Alibaba is teaming up with CAS to build the first commercially viable quantum computer. Meanwhile there are still Indians thinking about whether today they will have 2 meals or 3.

The numbers and the capability don't lie. While Indians are worried about motorcycles and shit, Chinese electric buses from BYD are already running in Long Beach, California and in Amsterdam, with orders increasing. Alibaba is teaming up with CAS to build the first commercially viable quantum computer. Meanwhile there are still Indians thinking about whether today they will have 2 meals or 3.

India also has a good export market for it's cars, buses and other heavy vehicles. But let's not make this another "Vs" thread.

Back
Top Bottom