What's new

China’s Uighur Unrest Is Opportunity for Afghans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current government is most definitely not suitable for the Afghans...it is corrupt, nepotist and ineffective. Say what you want about the Taliban but they were not corrupt nor were they ineffective (as proven by the eradication of poppy cultivation and disarmament which the US could not accomplish despite investing billions into it). They brought peace to region that was racked by war for decades. And what destruction are you talking about ? The one instance where the demolished the Bhuddas in Bamyan ? That was simply to prove a point to the western NGOs. I'll grant that there might have been better ways to prove a point but they did not run around willy nilly blowing things up. As far as the education situation goes they shut down certain schools because they were run by Communists. They did not suspend education...they merely postponed it till the appropriate facilities could be arranged. They never got the chance because the US of A came knocking with some democracy. The Taliban are not history as they rule most of the country and if you go for a walk in the countryside, as you put it, you will most probably be roaming in Taliban territory.
okay, lets see what happens, may God almight have mercy on all of us, as we dont know what is right and wrong for them, we can't just put statements and then say that we are right and its our policy that they should rule the country just because its in our interests, have you personally asked afghans about their likings..anyways, i have roamed the countryside for many many times, including in their rule and now, you wont see them around, but you will difintly come across families who have lost their luved ones due to the brutality of these ANIMALS, anyways lets see what happens its for them to decide not for us,
and the education system it wasnt terminated due to the fact that communists were teaching, they banned girls from going to any kind of a social education and what facilities are you talking bout, those facilites that they destroyed just because they thought that ther were UN-ISLAMIC, and let alone the universities, there wasnt a single one of them except for madrasas, anyways its baseless and pointless writing loads of stuff here, gudnight peace at the end akhirat hai bhai apni fikr karo

I dont understand **** language.

Now, tell me. What is "wrong" about the fact that:

a) Tribes from FATA and adjacent Afghan provinces dont recognize the border between them.

and

b) That Pakistani laws are not applicable to FATA and that this tract of territory is governed by an archaic colonial system that Pakistan inherited from British India.

?

Ah,raised in Pakistan even though still your on your self imposed exile but still don't know the "**** language"

who told you this part?

Ah,raised in Pakistan even though still your on your self imposed exile but still don't know the "**** language"

who told you this part?
WTF? :laugh:

These arent my people, they're your people. You're seriously disturbed in the head if you think that i have anything to do with you and your people.

Now, stop running away from the real discussion which is why im here. I'll repeat my questions to you:

What is "wrong" about the fact that:

a) Tribes from FATA and adjacent Afghan provinces dont recognize the border between them.

and

b) That Pakistani laws are not applicable to FATA and that this tract of territory is governed by an archaic colonial system that Pakistan inherited from British India.

?

These arent my people, they're your people. You're seriously disturbed in the head if you think that i have anything to do with you and your people.

Now, stop running away from the real discussion which is why im here. I'll repeat my questions to you:

and

?

They don't as your talking to one of them.

Well i will report you to the staff for using multiple accounts.

and

?

This is true but what are you trying to construe with these facts?

FATA is governed by the Frontier Crimes Regulation, the collective responsibility clause. These laws are a problem because they blame an entire tribe for the wrong doing of a single terrorist.

Do you really think Pakistan can handle Pashtuns of Afghanistan. :o::o:

Aheemmm, not that this post really merits a reply but perhaps the fact that when Afghanistan's population was 30 million Pakistan hosted over 6 million Afghans [that is 1 in 5 Afghans alive at that time] ;-)

Money talk ... when Afghanistan wanna develop their own interest, China is the best partner. Chinese not good at war but good at building, that's the Afghanistan need now.

and

?

Perhaps the people of FATA don't get any say -- not even the Pakistani Taliban talk of succession -- the Pashtuns of Pakistan by enlarge wish to stay as part of Pakistan.

I was wondering where such dim witted thoughts come from -- perhaps the repressive regime in Tehran really has stunted free inquiry.

Last edited:
They don't as your talking to one of them.

Well i will report you to the staff for using multiple accounts.
Go ahead. I have only ever used this account so i really dont care.

And stop running away from the discussion.

This is true but what are you trying to construe with these facts?

FATA is governed by the Frontier Crimes Regulation, the collective responsibility clause. These laws are a problem because they blame an entire tribe for the wrong doing of a single terrorist.

Im not trying to 'construe' anything. Your fellow over here, the mentally disturbed one, said that i was wrong about what i said about FATA being governed by a colonial system Pakistan inherited from British India and that tribal communities living there and in adjacent Afghan provinces dont recognize the border between.

But thanks for confirming what i and everybody else already knows. Thats all i asked.

Perhaps the people of FATA don't get any say -- not even the Pakistani Taliban talk of succession -- the Pashtuns of Pakistan by enlarge wish to say as part of Pakistan.

I was wondering where such dim witted thoughts come from -- perhaps the repressive regime in Tehran really has stunted free inquiry.

I never disputed that the rest of Pakistan's Pashtun population has an issue with being apart of that country. Im not talking about them. All im saying is that Pakistan and Afghanistan will need to compromise with each other to reduce hostilities. One way of the ways of doing that could be for Pakistan to return FATA to Afghanistan in exchange for Afghanistan recognizing the rest of the border.

Pakistan derives no benefit from trying to hold on to FATA and the people of that region obviously do not get any benefit from being governed by a colonial system that is a relic of British Imperialism and racism against Afghans.

It is not just an immoral system if you read about it but the people living there dont accept the border and never will because it has cut straight through tribes and their traditional territories. So tell me, what possibly could Pakistan want with FATA when it cant integrate it and the people dont recognize its laws and borders? Surely, it makes the most sense for giving the responsibility over it back to Afghanistan.

Im not trying to 'construe' anything. Your fellow over here, the mentally disturbed one, said that i was wrong about what i said about FATA being governed by a colonial system Pakistan inherited from British India and that tribal communities living there and in adjacent Afghan provinces dont recognize the border between.

But thanks for confirming what i and everybody else already knows. Thats all i asked.

Welcome. I will respond to the rest of your post too.

I never disputed that the rest of Pakistan's Pashtun population has an issue with being apart of that country. Im not talking about them.

Have you been going to a forum named pashtunforums. Then what you see there is the biggest joke in history. Pashtuns make up at least 20% of the armed forces and have a major stake in Pakistan.

All im saying is that Pakistan and Afghanistan will need to compromise with each other to reduce hostilities. One way of the ways of doing that could be for Pakistan to return FATA to Afghanistan in exchange for Afghanistan recognizing the rest of the border.

King Abdur Rehman Khan betrayed the people of FATA. He should have thought about that before he sold the region to the british just to save Kandahar and Kabul. After that, well it was the partition but only for Afghanistan. After that the history of Pakistan (including the tribal areas) and Afghanistan has been completely separate.

Pakistan derives no benefit from trying to hold on to FATA and the people of that region obviously do not get any benefit from being governed by a colonial system that is a relic of British Imperialism and racism against Afghans.

The worries of the people of FATA are genuine and they deserve to be addressed. The collective responsibilities act should go to the dustbin of history. However this does not mean they are loyal to Afghanistan. 60%+ of the Afghan military is made up of non pashtuns so they don't represent the Pashtuns in any way.

It is not just an immoral system if you read about it but the people living there dont accept the border and never will because it has cut straight through tribes and their traditional territories. So tell me, what possibly could Pakistan want with FATA when it cant integrate it and the people dont recognize its laws and borders? Surely, it makes the most sense for giving the responsibility over it back to Afghanistan.

Regardless that the people of FATA want it? You might want to think about what @Hyperion @Pashtun or @ghilzai thinks of this. Pwe Shwi?

The problems in FATA stem partly from the collective responsibilities act but there is also a problem of Indian agencies using Afghanistan as a tool against Pakistan. Afghanistan wants the territory because the Pashtuns of Pakistan have outdone them. There is a movie industry, music, cultural events. You name it.

Welcome. I will respond to the rest of your post too.

Have you been going to a forum named pashtunforums. Then what you see there is the biggest joke in history. Pashtuns make up at least 20% of the armed forces and have a major stake in Pakistan.

King Abdur Rehman Khan betrayed the people of FATA. He should have thought about that before he sold the region to the british just to save Kandahar and Kabul. After that, well it was the partition but only for Afghanistan. After that the history of Pakistan (including the tribal areas) and Afghanistan has been completely separate.

The worries of the people of FATA are genuine and they deserve to be addressed. The collective responsibilities act should go to the dustbin of history. However this does not mean they are loyal to Afghanistan. 60%+ of the Afghan military is made up of non pashtuns so they don't represent the Pashtuns in any way.

Regardless that the people of FATA want it? You might want to think about what @Hyperion @Pashtun or @ghilzai thinks of this. Pwe Shwi?

The problems in FATA stem partly from the collective responsibilities act but there is also a problem of Indian agencies using Afghanistan as a tool against Pakistan. Afghanistan wants the territory because the Pashtuns of Pakistan have outdone them. There is a movie industry, music, cultural events. You name it.
By not recognizing the border that doesnt necessarily mean that they are loyal to Afghanistan as a state. The tribes from both sides may be loyal to each other through common tribal and familial links, before they are to any central government or concept of nationality.

What benefit do you think that Pakistan derives from trying to hold on to FATA? Your police forces cant operate there or they'll be killed or kidnapped, thats why your army is stationed there, and your courts have no jurisdiction there either. Your own media says that 10s of thousands of people from FATA and some neighbouring districts have migrated to Karachi over the years to escape periodic military sweeps and have not been able to integrate into that city where there are now regular shoot-outs with police, other ethnic groups, and mass extortions of Pakistani business by Taliban sympathizers. So even inside Pakistani cities themselves, many (not all) of these people still dont recognize the laws of your country. Their loyalty is still to their tribe, not to your nation.

Also, why do you think that Pakistan continues to implement a colonial system on FATA after some 60+ years of your country's existence? Do you think its because some of them might not actually want to be fully integrated into Pakistan and prefer the ambiguous relationship?

FATA will be integrated into Pakistan mainstream. The poster has a point about integration and benefit, but to suggest we cede land that belongs to the state, via the mandate that the tribes gave Pakistan, based on the "tribal rule" system won't happen for many reasons.

By not recognizing the border that doesnt necessarily mean that they are loyal to Afghanistan as a state. The tribes from both sides may be loyal to each other through common tribal and familial links, before they are to any central government or concept of nationality.

Some people think that way but not the majority. Currently one tribe is at the center of the mess. This is the Mehsud tribe and over 60% of all Taliban are Mehsud. Its a bad thing to be known for and I hope this doesn't hurt many feelings even though it is the truth.

I suggest you listen to Farhan's opinion closely. He is either from Pakhtunkhwa or the tribal regions. He is a Pashtun himself. Don't get confused because of the ideas of some minorities. What I am trying to convey to you is that the people of Khuber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA don't want freedom.

What benefit do you think that Pakistan derives from trying to hold on to FATA? Your police forces cant operate there or they'll be killed or kidnapped, thats why your army is stationed there, and your courts have no jurisdiction there either.

Khasadars operate there as the police force though there has to be a proper police force and the people of FATA must be integrated. No more mullah rule over FATA. Frontier corps have battalions in FATA:

Frontier corps
  1. Chitral Scouts (1903)
  2. Khyber Rifles (1878)
  3. Kurram Militia (1892)
  4. South Waziristan Scouts (1900)
  5. Tochi Scouts (1894)
  6. Mahsud Scouts (1944)
  7. Mohmand Rifles
  8. Shawal Rifles
  9. Swat Scouts
  10. Orakzai Scouts
  11. Khattak Scouts
  12. Dir Scouts (1970)
  13. Bajur Scouts (1961)
  14. Thal Scouts (1948)
All of these are forces which pick men from FATA. You might not know all of them but these regions are frontier regions.
Still the land is lawless and many people, to hide from watching eyes and practice in illegal trade find sanctuary there.

Your own media says that 10s of thousands of people from FATA and some neighbouring districts have migrated to Karachi over the years to escape periodic military sweeps and have not been able to integrate into that city where there are now regular shoot-outs with police, other ethnic groups, and mass extortions of Pakistani business by Taliban sympathizers. So even inside Pakistani cities themselves, many (not all) of these people still dont recognize the laws of your country. Their loyalty is still to their tribe, not to your nation.

How are you making up these assumptions. Many people are loyal to their nation Pakistan than anything else. I will produce an article after this post. Its like me claiming Baloch are disloyal to Iran and should join Pakistan

Also, why do you think that Pakistan continues to implement a colonial system on FATA after some 60+ years of your country's existence? Do you think its because some of them might not actually want to be fully integrated into Pakistan and prefer the ambiguous relationship?

Some terrorists, crime kingpins and drug barons do not want a proper system for FATA because they feel they will have no where to hide. I believe it is my country's mistake to keep the FATA region off limits and imposing a colonial system on a people who are a part and parcel of Pakistan.

Pakistan does not have as much ethnic tensions as Afghans have. Do you think the Tajik Uzbek Hazara will be happy that their country is to have more pashtuns? Afghans are far more divided than us. Giving them control over a territory when they can barely control their nation is not a very smart idea.

The dispute between Afghanistan is one thing, our attempts to deal with terrorism the other. I believe mullah regimes should go away.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom