What's new

China’s Uighur Unrest Is Opportunity for Afghans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what is the fees of a cadet college? And yes the kids from fata are provided free education.. even those from unprevilaged backgrounds... or how about the thousands of FATA kids given free scholarships by the army.. free residence at garrisons in Ashiana hostels run by the army? there is one in every big garrison... they even give em 5000 rs as pocket money...

But yes its not the armys job.. but atleast someone is trying..
I know the fees, infact i myself applied for both kohat and now dysfunctional razmak cadel colleges when i was in the 7th class.

Making a plan to try and train 14,000 boys in the army over 5 years and give free education to 1,500 kids isnt going to change anything. 24 years after Germany's reunification there are still noticeable economic and other interesting disparities between the former East and West Germany.

"Integration" is not a simple or easy task for states to achieve, even for powerhouses like Germany. It takes decades and massive social, political and economic challenges to overcome. The token gesture by your army, however nice for those kids (the ones that get free schooling), is just a drop in the ocean.

That was just 1 package .. free scholarships are being availed by thousands of kids.. even at my univ... kids from fata and under developed areas from baluchistan are getting free education,residence n money... apart from that they have concession in almost everything.. they can apply for commission in the army .... even the eligibility criteria has been scaled down... the army is running schools,hospitals etc.. here are a few more intiatives the military has under taken in FATA .. a region that has been ignored for the last 6 decades:

Xeric's Primer: Application of Pak Army's Soft Prong in FATA / Malakand (Swat) and its Impact
Xeric's Primer: FATAM

I know the fees, infact i myself applied for both kohat and now dysfunctional razmak cadel colleges when i was in the 7th class.

And you werent selected... you posted how an army air ambulance saved your relatives life... how about that? did they charge you money for that aswell... there are many senior officers from Lakki... how about those guys.. they ever felt neglected?

Stop it now, dont get nasty there. @Horus sir iska zara mun bund kar, tanay maar raha hey. Feel free to ban me if he continues like that.

Thats a valid question.. you always whine about evil army that beats your (your own words) "a little retarded cousin who drove his rickshaw while an army convoy was passing in FATA" ... How your family was stopped by evil "shia" soldiers .. or how NLI shia soldiers hated taliban and how army was deploying shia soldiers in FATA who were heavy handed etc... yet ironically these same men saved your family members life ? So talk some sense nationalist boy..

@DESERT FIGHTER as you are a poster with useless posts, one-liners , often with foul langauge, so i am putting you on my ignore list. As you frequently quote me like a revenge-seeking puppy, so i am informing you, dont expect any response from me. I hope you dont mind it. Thanks

Go ahead. I have only ever used this account so i really dont care.

I never disputed that the rest of Pakistan's Pashtun population has an issue with being apart of that country. Im not talking about them. All im saying is that Pakistan and Afghanistan will need to compromise with each other to reduce hostilities. One way of the ways of doing that could be for Pakistan to return FATA to Afghanistan in exchange for Afghanistan recognizing the rest of the border.

Huh ... you don't get it do you? How does Pakistan cede FATA to Afghanistan -- the inhabitants of FATA who are Pakistani citizens DO NOT wish to join Afghanistan -- what do you propose? Pakistan forcibly strip them off their citizenship???

What is further joked about in the humor section of Foreign Policy circles is that if that Pashtuns of adjoining regions of Afghanistan are given the right to choose they will join their kith in Pakistan.

Pakistan derives no benefit from trying to hold on to FATA and the people of that region obviously do not get any benefit from being governed by a colonial system that is a relic of British Imperialism and racism against Afghans.

Well what benefit does Iran derive from holding Sistan-Blauchistan, China from the Gobi desert, Saudi Arabia from Rub-al-khali, the US from the Mojave desert.

It is not just an immoral system if you read about it but the people living there dont accept the border and never will because it has cut straight through tribes and their traditional territories. So tell me, what possibly could Pakistan want with FATA when it cant integrate it and the people dont recognize its laws and borders? Surely, it makes the most sense for giving the responsibility over it back to Afghanistan.

Again -- not 1% of FATA would want to give up their Pakistani Citizenship -- it is Afghans who enter Pakistan: Afghanistan has 1/6th the population of Pakistan yet even today for every Pakistani refugee in Afghanistan there are 100 Afghan refugees in Pakistan.

The price of Conflict with Afghanistan is minimal if Pakistan can seal the border and expel the refugees and close the drug trade.

Perhaps go back to your coloring books [disgusted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom