What's new

China’s Uighur Unrest Is Opportunity for Afghans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afghans don't only want FATA but they also want KPK and some idiots even Balochistan.
But we Pashtuns and especially Balochs don't want do be a part of Afghanistan.

I don't understand why Iran is not giving its Azeri parts to Azerbaijan? And its Kurdish parts for a Kurdistan? And its Arab parts to Iraq/arabic country? And Sistan-Balochestan to Pakistan?

That would save Iran's government a lot of trouble.

There would be no Iranian government left if they gave all those areas up. :lol:

By not recognizing the border that doesnt necessarily mean that they are loyal to Afghanistan as a state. The tribes from both sides may be loyal to each other through common tribal and familial links, before they are to any central government or concept of nationality.

What benefit do you think that Pakistan derives from trying to hold on to FATA? Your police forces cant operate there or they'll be killed or kidnapped, thats why your army is stationed there, and your courts have no jurisdiction there either. Your own media says that 10s of thousands of people from FATA and some neighbouring districts have migrated to Karachi over the years to escape periodic military sweeps and have not been able to integrate into that city where there are now regular shoot-outs with police, other ethnic groups, and mass extortions of Pakistani business by Taliban sympathizers. So even inside Pakistani cities themselves, many (not all) of these people still dont recognize the laws of your country. Their loyalty is still to their tribe, not to your nation.

Also, why do you think that Pakistan continues to implement a colonial system on FATA after some 60+ years of your country's existence? Do you think its because some of them might not actually want to be fully integrated into Pakistan and prefer the ambiguous relationship?
I am surprised that you have more correct assessment about tribals than many of my own countrymen. Tribes are indeed loyal to their clans first, thats why they are called tribals, and thats why you would see many pakistanis stressing on the point that tribes need to be "integrated". Historically speaking, they were not under durrani rule either and were left to themeselves. If they were into state and nation building, they would not have been part of pakistan to begin with.

Independence Day celebrated with zeal in KP, Fata

Dawn Report

Published Aug 15, 2014 05:56am

Chief Minister Pervez Khattak hoists national flag at the police lines in Peshawar on Thursday. — Dawn

PESHAWAR: Like other parts of the country, the 68th Independence Day of the country was celebrated with national zeal and fervour in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Federally Administered Tribal Areas on Thursday.

In this connection, functions and ceremonies were held in various cities under the auspices of administration, various organisations and political parties.

In Peshawar, the main official event was held at Malik Saad Khan Police Lines where Chief Minister Pervez Khattak, who was chief guest on the occasion, hoisted national flag.

Addressing on the occasion, the chief minister said that Independence Day wanted renewal of the commitment to join hands and sacrifice lives for the protection of the country.

Flag hoisting ceremonies held and special prayers offered for progress and prosperity of the country

He alleged that successive governments failed to identify the path of national development as the rulers accepted every illegal demand of the imperialist powers to prolong their rule. Similarly, he said, the country was pushed into terrorism and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa was badly affected by it.

The function was arranged by Municipal Corporation Peshawar. Besides Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser, the function was attended by Provincial Minister for Local Government Inayatullah, MPA Shaukat Yousafzai, Chief Secretary Amjad Ali Khan, IGP Nasir Durrani, Secretary Local Governmetn Hifzur Rehman, Commissioner Munir Azam, Deputy Commissioner Syed Zaheerul Islam, CCPO Ejaz Khan and other senior officials.

The students of Municipal College Peshawar presented national anthem and national songs on the occasion. A police squad also presented guard of honour and prayers were offered for progress, development and security of the country.

The chief minister paid rich tributes to all leaders of Pakistan Movement and renewed the pledge that they would not hesitate to sacrifice their lives for protection of the country.

“The sacrifices rendered by our elders for independence were not honoured and feudal and vested interest rulers started massive exploitation of the poor,” Mr Khattak.

The chief minister said that terrorism was not restricted to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa only rather the entire country was affected by it.

Another function was held in Hayatabad where Adviser to Prime Minister Eng Amir Muqam hoisted the national flag. He recalled the sacrifices rendered by the national heroes during Pakistan Movement and said that the nation should not forget the struggle and work for protection of the country.

He said that all citizens, particularly politicians, were duty bound to foil conspiracies against the state and work for strengthening of democracy. He also criticised Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf chairman Imran Khan for taking out protest rallies on the Independence Day.

The drivers of yellow cabs also took out a rally from Hayatabad Phase-III Chowk that ended outside Peshawar Press Club. The president of the drivers association, Haji Zarwali Khan, said that being Pakistanis every citizen was bound to celebrate the Independence Day and express love for the country.

The Independence Day was also celebrated in high and primary schools at Din Bahar Colony where students presented tableaus, national anthem and songs to recall sacrifices of the national heroes. The national day was also celebrated at Pakistan Medical Research Council, Khyber Medical College and Peshawar Central Prison.

The personnel of law enforcement agencies were deployed at entry and exit points in Peshawar to check movement of suspected persons. Police also remained alert to thwart any untoward incident.

In Lakki Marwat: The commanding officer of Tajazai Camp, Col Imran hoisted national flag at district headquarters complex. An army contingent presented salute and scouts of Government Higher Secondary School Tajazai presented the national anthem.

Another function was held at police lines where District Police Officer Ismail Kharak hoisted the national flag while sports department organised sports events including football, cricket, kabaddi and karate in connection with the Independence Day.

In Kohat, the Hindu community celebrated Independence Day at Guru Mandar at Shimla Pahari to express love for their country.

Commissioner Jamalud Din Shah was chief guest on the occasion. The Hindu community hosted a tea party and distributed sweets among the participants of the ceremony.

Another function was held at tehsil municipal administration offices where the national flag was hoisted jointly by the commissioner, MNA Shehyar Afridi and MPA Ziaullah Bangash.

In Karak, a ceremony was held at Khushal Khan Khattak University to mark the Independence Day. Vice-chancellor Dr Ibrahim Khattak was the chief guest on the occasion.

Another ceremony was held at the deputy commissioner office which was largely attended by government officials.

In Swabi, a colourful function was held at Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology in Topi.

The flag hoisting ceremony was attended by faculty members and other staff and students of GIK College. The national anthem was presented by a group of students and other participants joined them.

Another ceremony was held at the office of deputy commissioner while PML-N also organised a huge gathering in Kunda Mor to celebrate the Independence Day.

In Chitral, the Independence Day celebrations started with the hoisting of national flag by Deputy Commissioner Aminul Haque at his office after which he addressed a function held in Government High School Chitral. Other functions were organised in different localities of the district including Drosh, Booni, Garam Chashma, Warijun and Mastuj in connection with the Independence Day.

In Abbottabad, national flag hoisting ceremony was held at Jalal Baba Auditorium wherein Commissioner Abid Ali was the chief guest. The ceremony was largely participated by government officials and principals of schools and colleges.

The students of different schools presented tableaus and national songs to mark the day. In Swat, various events were held to mark Independence Day and national flag hoisting ceremonies were organised.

The main ceremony was held at army headquarters in Khwazakhela where General Officer Commanding of Malakand Maj Gen Javed Mehmood Bukhari hoisted the national flag.

In Mansehra, Deputy Commissioner Zulfiqar Shah hoisted the national flag at government higher secondary school to mark the Independence Day.

The students of different schools presented national songs, skits and speeches at Thakra Stadium to pay homage to the national heroes.

In Dir Lower, different functions were held in Timergara, Ouch, Chakdara, Lal Qila Maidan, Munda, Samar Bagh, Talash and Khall to mark the Independence Day. The ceremonies were attended by students, teachers, civil and military officers and elders of the district.

In Buner, national flag hoisting ceremonies were held to mark the Independence Day. Special prayers were offered for the integrity and prosperity of the country.

In Khyber Agency, flag hoisting ceremonies and colourful events were arranged to mark the Independence Day.

The main function was held at Government High School Landi Kotal where school children presented impressive PT show and a tug-of-war was held between local sportsmen and Khasadar Force.

The national flag was hoisted at the offices of political administration both in Jamrud and Landi Kotal. Various private schools also arranged an impressive ceremony where students sang national songs and presented skits.

MNA Haji Shahji Gul and MNA Nasir Khan celebrated the Independence Day at Jalozai camp with IDPs from Bara and presented them gifts and cash prizes.

In Bajaur Agency, the Independence Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm and traditional zeal. The main flag hoisting ceremony was held on the premises of local administration compound in Khar.

Political Agent Syed Abdul Jabar Shah along with tribal elders and members of peace committees hoisted the national flag.

Special prayers were also offered for restoration of peace and progress of the country.

In Mohmand Agency, a ceremony was held at the headquarters of Mohmand Rifles wherein national flag was hoisted and special prayers were offered for the progress, solidarity and prosperity of the country.

Another ceremony was also held to mark the day that was attended by Political Agent Khushal Khan government officials, tribal elders, teachers, students and heads of peace committees.

Some people think that way but not the majority. Currently one tribe is at the center of the mess. This is the Mehsud tribe and over 60% of all Taliban are Mehsud. Its a bad thing to be known for and I hope this doesn't hurt many feelings even though it is the truth.

I suggest you listen to Farhan's opinion closely. He is either from Pakhtunkhwa or the tribal regions. He is a Pashtun himself. Don't get confused because of the ideas of some minorities. What I am trying to convey to you is that the people of Khuber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA don't want freedom.
Im not talking about Pashtuns as an ethnic group, im only talking about the tribes that overlap between FATA and some of the adjacent Afghan provinces.

I have read that every single 'tribal agency' has its own Taliban faction, some more than one. None of them recognize Pakistani laws or want to be governed by them, but only a few of them have openly rebelled against Pakistan as a state. The others are more concerned with fighting US and Afghan forces in Afghanistan. But all of these factions want to self-govern themselves under Islamic laws and their own customs, not Pakistani ones. The Mehsud tribe's faction wants to extend that revolution to Islamabad (not that i see that would ever happen).

This is basically back to the point im making that the border between FATA and the adjacent Afghan provinces is a security black-hole that acts as a safety zone for cross-border terrorism against both countries. The tribes on both sides shelter and give refuge to each other's fugitives which both Pakistani and Afghan intelligence in turn, accuse each other of trying to court and use against one another. This situation trend is going to continue and get worse i think.

Last edited:
I am surprised that you have more correct assessment about tribals than many of my own countrymen. Tribes are indeed loyal to their clans first, thats why they are called tribals, and thats why you would see many pakistanis stressing on the point that tribes need to be "integrated". Historically speaking, they were not under durrani rule either and were left to themeselves. If they were into state and nation building, they would not have been part of pakistan to begin with.
Good luck trying to 'integrate' them!

take you ethnic nationalism and shove it .. the tribes of fata are in deep shit because for decades the areas were left on their own for some fuked up logic... those areas should have been settled and merged with KPK... The people would have developed a sense of nation building themselves... and yes i have no doubt that despite everything they are loyal to the state... and it that werent the case they wouldnt have fought the invading afghani askaris in the past.... or for that matter formed amaan lashkars or militias against the talibitches.

Last edited:
take you gay ethnic nationalism and shove it where the sun dont shine... the tribes of fata are in deep shit because for decades the areas were left on their own for some fuked up logic... those areas should have been settled and merged with KPK... The people would have developed a sense of nation building themselves... and yes i have no doubt that despite everything they are loyal to the state... and it that werent the case they wouldnt have fought the invading afghani askaris in the past.... or for that matter formed amaan lashkars or militias against the talibitches.
Oh bhai, whats up with contineous verbal diarrhea?. They are divided into tribes, are tribal and look into the interests of their tribes. Aman lashkars, is manifestation of pakhtunwali, the defense system for a tribe , they are not meant for defense of any state. The word nation/qaum in pashtunwali stands for the tribe. As for as action against bajaur incursion is concerned, you would be surprised to hear how much tribalism and local politics was involved in that. Lastly, yesterday you bragged that balochs are unruly and were never colonized, you challenge it when some one say the same stuff about pashtuns. It seems you are getting competitive and rival here, thats your egoistic balochi side speaking. Little you realize i am merely stating facts, in a way pointing out their flaws. Also as a pashtun i have more right and credibility to analyze my own people. You being a balochist, should be the last one speaking, dont open my mouth on baloch-pashtun relations in your province.

Oh bhai, whats up with contineous verbal diarrhea?. They are divided into tribes, are tribal and look into the interests of their tribes. Aman lashkars, is manifestation of pakhtunwali, the defense system for a tribe , they are not meant for defense of any state. The word nation/qaum in pashtunwali stands for the tribe. As for as action against bajaur incursion is concerned, you would be surprised to hear how much tribalism and local politics was involved in that. Lastly, yesterday you bragged that balochs are unruly and were never colonized, you challenge it when some one say the same stuff about pashtuns. It seems you are getting competitive and rival here, thats your egoistic balochi side speaking. Little you realize i am merely stating facts, in a way pointing out their flaws. Also as a pashtun i have more right and credibility to analyze my own people. You being a balochist, should be the last one speaking, dont open my mouth on baloch-pashtun relations in your province.

And who the hell are you to lecture me and stop me from talking about MY COUNTRYMEN? a pathetic refugee from lakki marwat with a big mouth?

Im not a baluchist or whatever.. yes im proud of my ethnicity just like any average guy would be... unlike some idiot who doesnt even shy away from slandering his own kin from some other tribe... so stop whining and get lost.. open some gay ... ego "stroking" thread and enjoy..

A rebuilding process has already started in those areas.... military/cadet colleges,roads,bridged,basic health facilities,vocational training centers,scholarships for kids etc... Recently the Army Chief also announced steps like this:

14,000 Fata youths to be inducted into army: COAS
Making a plan to try and train 14,000 boys in the army over 5 years and give free education to 1,500 kids isnt going to change anything. 24 years after Germany's reunification there are still noticeable economic and other interesting disparities between the former East and West Germany.

"Integration" is not a simple or easy task for states to achieve, even for powerhouses like Germany. It takes decades and massive social, political and economic challenges to overcome. The token gesture by your army, however nice for those kids (the ones that get free schooling), is just a drop in the ocean.

Making a plan to try and train 14,000 boys in the army over 5 years and give free education to 1,500 kids isnt going to change anything. 24 years after Germany's reunification there are still noticeable economic and other interesting disparities between the former East and West Germany.

"Integration" is not a simple or easy task for states to achieve, even for powerhouses like Germany. It takes decades and massive social, political and economic challenges to overcome. The token gesture by your army, however nice for those kids (the ones that get free schooling), is just a drop in the ocean.
The cadel colleges @DESERT FIGHTER is talking about, is only one built in waziristan. Most of the students are not from FATA but KPK province. Its basically a private school and college , no free education , infact the fees are non-affordable for poor. Thats not integration, its not even army's job, the elected federal governament itself is absent, even though the region is directly under federal.

The cadel colleges @desert fighting is talking about, is only one built in waziristan. Most of the students are not from FATA but KPK province. Its basically a private school and college , no free education , infact the fees are non-affordable for poor. Thats not integration, its not even army's job, the elected federal governament itself is absent, even though the region is directly under federal.

Do you know what is the fees of a cadet college? And yes the kids from fata are provided free education.. even those from unprevilaged backgrounds... or how about the thousands of FATA kids given free scholarships by the army.. free residence at garrisons in Ashiana hostels run by the army? there is one in every big garrison... they even give em 5000 rs as pocket money...

But yes its not the armys job.. but atleast someone is trying..

Thats the point i was making.

I am sorry if you think, that you are making valid points. You are fantasizing much, first by assuming and thinking that Pakistan would ever hand over the tribal areas to Kabul because of its claims (Surprisingly, the Afghans extensively claim areas of Baluchistan, KPK and GB too) and somehow that it would solve any problems whether imagined or real. First thing to remember is that Pakistan isn't holding onto the F.A.T.A. forcibly, it has gained their possession from the agreements passed by the British Govt under International principles. The Durand Line agreement was signed by Amir Abdul Rehman Khan with the Crown representatives, ceding the parts of Afghanistan to then British ruled India, after the Second Anglo Afghan war. Now, before the independence of Pakistan, the said agreement was ratified several times with Kabul and no Afghan ruler ever did wish to object to it. Why exactly would they remember it only after Pakistan got independence? The Islamic Republic of Pakistan inherited the borders legally in 1947 and requires no further agreement or ratification with the Afghan Govt, since bilateral agreements are passed down to successor states. The line is recognized by the International community as the legal border between both countries, its a fait accomplie- a done deal and there will be no further negotiations with anyone regarding it. Since, you seem to think that its only us, who have created problems for Afghanistan. Maybe, its about time you read about their interference in Pakistan's internal matters (both Baloch insurgency and Pashtunistan movement) and the several small border invasions, they have mounted throughout the history. Karachi and later Islamabad have always extended the hand of friendship toward its neighbor on the other side of the Khyber Pass, but Afghan enmity towards here from the beginning - opposing inclusion of Pakistan in UN - have made sure that she has to seek alternate means to safeguard her interests, since the rulers on other side do not wish to reciprocate in kind but will rather support insurgent/militant groups and make ridiculous claims rather than working for the betterment of both countries. Selective history lessons are no good, see why Pakistan began to support the Islamist post 1979. States dont work like that, they dont start giving away lands because they are problematic.

Second, even if hypothetically Islamabad does cede the tribal areas to Afghanistan, it wouldn't solve any problems. That country doesn't even have cohesion as a nation and half of its existence has been plagued by civil wars, anarchy and chaos, lawlessness and creating problems for neighbors. The Govt or whatever it is, that maintains the control of Kabul now or in foreeseable future, cant be expected to administer the new areas, when it cant do the same for even one-fourth of its parts. At least, the state of Pakistan can take care of the problems of the people and the threats originating from the tribal areas. You are wrong in your assessment that the entire tribal areas are out of Govt's control, it so happens that only North Waziristan and a couple other small pockets of areas are currently seeing fighting with the military, a large part of FATA has already been cleansed of Taliban presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom