What's new

China & Pakistan Supports Sri Lanka at UNHRC

Please read post 45 or post 66. You will find out who voted for and against this resolution.

I did that.. Cant find Pakistan's name there.. In either of the 3 lists...

Sir,

Actually the Srilankans paid close attention to the Indian political scene where General Elections were due shortly and the Jan Morcha of V P Singh and company had openly declared that they will immediately withdraw the IPKF if they came to power. So the SriLankans just delayed the promised devolution of power to Lankan Tamils till VP Singh ousted out Rajiv from power in the general elections and expectedly the IPKF was withdrawn, and with no IPKF, now the Srilankans happily dumped the devolution of power in the Indian Ocean.

Actually I was referring to the recent events in 2009 when SLA was advancing against LTTE. Without Indian help LTTE would never been destroyed. In return for our help we wanted 13 the amendment passed..which till now GoSL didn't.

well Kashmir is out of the picture as its a bilateral issue. Sri Lanka's war against LTTE wasnt a bilateral issue, it was an internal one.

if Sri Lanka wanted to be enemies with india then they'd have signalled so...which they havent. But you cant vote against a country in the UN and then expect they'll welcome you with open arms. Theyre recovering from war, you should be the ones also throwing your support behind them....our should be doing the same

Ashok, i am sensing you are very angry.

i am concerned for your well-being.....cool off man! It's Friday.....

They already signalled it by cozying up to PRC and taking us for a ride and breaking the promise made to us regarding 13 th amendment. This vote against them is a warning that SL could no longer take India for granted. We are already helping them rebuild their Northern Areas, but that doesn't mean that they cannot keep their end of their bargain. Its totally 2 different issues.

its in your interests to not view this thing on a ethnic lens and rather look at the larger picture

this isnt how diplomacy works

its in your interests to not view this thing on a ethnic lens and rather look at the larger picture

this isnt how diplomacy works

One of those rare instances when I agree 100% with you ;)

well Kashmir is out of the picture as its a bilateral issue. Sri Lanka's war against LTTE wasnt a bilateral issue, it was an internal one.

if Sri Lanka wanted to be enemies with india then they'd have signalled so...which they havent. But you cant vote against a country in the UN and then expect they'll welcome you with open arms. Theyre recovering from war, you should be the ones also throwing your support behind them....our should be doing the same

Ashok, i am sensing you are very angry.

i am concerned for your well-being.....cool off man! It's Friday.....
I am one of the few patrons who worry for the well being of the Tamils all over the world and I wish that Tamils had collective vission and not self centered ones that has resulted in INDIAN GOVERNMENT treating us and our feeling/emotions very lightly.
Tamils in TN should evolve to think about self respect and love for the race they are born into and to stand for what is right.
we Tamils have to learn a lot from Kerlites

I have been closly following the SL tamil issue all my life time and now you accuse me of being anti INDIA, compared to me your knowledge of the SL Tamil issue is nothing .

Yes my knowledge of the SL Tamil issue is scanty,but i prefer it this way, if having the deepest knowledge and spending one's whole life following the issue, leads one to peddle narrow regional interests at the cost of paramount national interests and national institutions

Rajakapse found out the hard way that Indian state is more scared of jayalalita and karunanidhi than his china bogeyman! He needs something better to blackmail India with. Or he could just give Tamils justice and their rights.

To the more illiterate posters on the thread, look carefully. This is where Sri Lanka is.

indien_s_srilanka.gif

Back
Top Bottom